Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 01-11-2024, 11:09 AM   #183
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I did not find a K2 fuel pump relay to install my kill switch on, so I used a different vehicle function to kill.

Faraday bags work well.

Up next - dummy obdii port with working 12v.
Old 01-13-2024, 06:40 AM   #184
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
is this the tool to steal my own car?

https://www.amazon.com/ANCEL-V6-Plus...dp/B0B9LWT76C/

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B49FYG94

also on the reddit camaro forum, a user is pushing the “Compustar T13”

My Windows Sticker: https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FE3D78N0129849

Last edited by wintertopdown; 01-13-2024 at 10:18 AM.
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 06:55 PM   #185
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Great topic. Cracks me up how often the tech "we" want screws us over.

Anyhow, so many times over the years I've heard how 9 out of 10 car thieves will avoid problem cars with devices like "The Club", not because they can't beat them, but because they just don't bother when there's another car 10 feet away without it. ....and even if they DO try, and then defeat the club, as soon as any OTHER device stops them, they simply bail. Again, not because beating or finding it is hard, but again, it's not worth the effort.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 11:06 PM   #186
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
Great topic. Cracks me up how often the tech "we" want screws us over.

Anyhow, so many times over the years I've heard how 9 out of 10 car thieves will avoid problem cars with devices like "The Club", not because they can't beat them, but because they just don't bother when there's another car 10 feet away without it. ....and even if they DO try, and then defeat the club, as soon as any OTHER device stops them, they simply bail. Again, not because beating or finding it is hard, but again, it's not worth the effort.
And seeing something like "The Club" may give them just enough pause to make them wonder what else was done to prevent theft... Just like a house, don't be the house on the street with all the lights off, leave some lights on, there is always a house just down the street with not a single light on, THAT is the easier target... Thieves are lazy, they want the easy catch...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 01:07 PM   #187
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
I use the bag and also this and the Mobilistics is perfect.
Does the dash display anything unusual when the start button is pressed while the security feature of the Mobilistics relay is activated? Wondering if there is any info displayed that provides a clue about what is happening (like a reference to the starter) as opposed to what might happen with different kill-switch options...
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 04:33 PM   #188
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
I think with Mobilistics, the car lights up but just will not start as I understand it. It kills the starter so nothing happens.
Old 01-14-2024, 05:06 PM   #189
IMCWORTH

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odabo View Post
I think with Mobilistics, the car lights up but just will not start as I understand it. It kills the starter so nothing happens.
immobilizes the Starter or fuel
IMCWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 07:44 PM   #190
paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
Does the dash display anything unusual when the start button is pressed while the security feature of the Mobilistics relay is activated? Wondering if there is any info displayed that provides a clue about what is happening (like a reference to the starter) as opposed to what might happen with different kill-switch options...
No, the dash does not display any error codes or any indication to what is being killed.

I have mine set to disable the starter. The fuel pump does not have an available relay to kill.

Have a dummy obdii port in place of the real one, faraday bags on the fobs and the mobilistics relay. Car is garage parked 99% of the time. Hopefully it doesn't get stolen.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:06 AM   #191
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
Have a dummy obdii port in place of the real one, faraday bags on the fobs and the mobilistics relay. Car is garage parked 99% of the time. Hopefully it doesn't get stolen.
'Digm,

Sounds like you are doing just about as much as a body can, in order to thwart even a pretty well-prepped thief. They'd better bring a rollback, or a big helicopter-mounted magnet like in "You Only Live Twice"...

...and hopefully either of those methods would attract attention.
'94 ST1100 146K
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 08:10 AM   #192
paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief (tm) View Post
'Digm,

Sounds like you are doing just about as much as a body can, in order to thwart even a pretty well-prepped thief. They'd better bring a rollback, or a big helicopter-mounted magnet like in "You Only Live Twice"...

...and hopefully either of those methods would attract attention.
Haha. I wish we didn't have to do any of these things, but we live during a pathetic time where theives are running wild with no concequences.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:30 AM   #193
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
Haha. I wish we didn't have to do any of these things, but we live during a pathetic time where theives are running wild with no concequences.
Grand theft auto is as old as the car itself. It might have even been more prevalent in the 80s than it is today. Back then there were no useful security systems or coded ignitions: anyone with a flathead screwdriver and a pair of pliers could steal anything from a Chevy Cavalier to a Rolls Royce. The real hot ones were GM’s G Bodies (Grand Prix, Regal, Cutlass Supreme, Monte Carlo). They were exactly the same chassis and drive train under the body panels so virtually 80% of the cars were interchangeable with the others. They were super hot at the top of the list for stolen vehicles in America for probably 10 years into the 90s.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:21 AM   #194
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Yeah this getting crazy that we have to try and add devices for any car. We have an alarm, whole car immobilizer that shuts it down with no fob present. And with car talking to the fob changing codes all the time, last thing I thought was you can buy a tool to get codes and get into the car! Wonder how often the codes change since a relay attack works. Still from what I have researched, 90% of the time they just break a window, use the tool to turn off alarms and program a key and off they go.

So my fob is in a faraday bag, bought a BEM obd port lock and probably do the starter relay immobilizer. Also always a good brake club which looks hard to beat. But other then a wheel club, there isn’t anything they would see to give them pause and not break a window in the first place.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 12:38 PM   #195
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yeah this getting crazy that we have to try and add devices for any car. We have an alarm, whole car immobilizer that shuts it down with no fob present. And with car talking to the fob changing codes all the time, last thing I thought was you can buy a tool to get codes and get into the car! Wonder how often the codes change since a relay attack works. Still from what I have researched, 90% of the time they just break a window, use the tool to turn off alarms and program a key and off they go.

So my fob is in a faraday bag, bought a BEM obd port lock and probably do the starter relay immobilizer. Also always a good brake club which looks hard to beat. But other then a wheel club, there isn’t anything they would see to give them pause and not break a window in the first place.
Have you installed the BEM obd port lock yet? If so what do you think?
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 12:41 PM   #196
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Have you installed the BEM obd port lock yet? If so what do you think?
Not here yet, a few days. Will let you know. It looks good and strong, but a crowbar may get it off. But possibly damage the obd .
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote