Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #43
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
I think your dead wrong in my opinion. Most people don't buy Camaros for performance. They buy because they want a pretty looking car. That's why the 6 Cylinder Camaro outsells the SS! Also why the Ecoboost Mustang is selling like crazy. The 5th gen design is getting old and the six gen for all it's awesome new technology looks just like the old car it's replacing. Your probably to young to remember the 4th gen Camaro. They absolutely destroyed the Mustang in performance but GM couldn't sell those to save their lives!
Opinion is the key word here isn't it? The fact is most of the time there's going to be a sales spike when a new model comes out. Ford got tired of getting their ass kicked in sales so they put out something new. Viola. Better sales.

I remember last year the Chiefs beat the Patriots 41-14 in week 4 and the media immediately announced that Tom Brady needed to retire.

Another opinion: knee-jerk reactions are dumb.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #44
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Opinion is the key word here isn't it? The fact is most of the time there's going to be a sales spike when a new model comes out. Ford got tired of getting their ass kicked in sales so they put out something new. Viola. Better sales.

I remember last year the Chiefs beat the Patriots 41-14 in week 4 and the media immediately announced that Tom Brady needed to retire.

So your saying you don't remember the 4th gen Camaros? And the huge performance advantage it had over the Mustang?
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #45
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post

The S550 Mustang started development in 2009 since they wanted a new platform for the 50th anniversary, not because of sales. The 5th Gen Mustang also sold over 1 million units, Camaro has a while to go.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #46
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark72 View Post
Does anyone know the actual production cut off date for the 2015 Camaro?
production runs through September 18th.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #47
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
One thing that no one is mentioning... Advertising! Ford has done a lot of advertising for the new Mustang. I haven't seen an ad for the Camaro in about 2 years. It's like as soon as GM had a drivable prototype of the 6th Gen, they gave up on the 5th.

Advertising, a new model, and discounts are a tough combo to beat. That's why Mustang sales are so high.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:01 AM   #48
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Ill say it again. Sales are so high because it's a VERY good sports car.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #49
Mr Monte

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
One thing that no one is mentioning... Advertising! Ford has done a lot of advertising for the new Mustang. I haven't seen an ad for the Camaro in about 2 years.

Trying to find a new Camaro at a dealer is slim pickings around me. I had to drive by 2 Chevy dealerships to find my Camaro SS/RS.

I'm not sure what's going on with GM's ad campaigns. Try finding an ad for a new SS Sedan. I love mine & what an awesome performance sedan yet most don't even know it exist.

The interior of the S550 Premium GT is a huge improvement over my 2013 Mustang GT Premium. The seats feel the best of any car I've been in but the leather is so soft I doubt they will last long.

Mr Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #50
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
that is interesting that you had to go to different dealers to find your camaro, the local chevy dealer by me has 51 Camaro's on the lot.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #51
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Plenty sitting on the lots in my area too.

One dealer even has a Z/28 sitting outside for awhile.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:46 AM   #52
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
What is it about the Mustang that has people hooked onto it? Its a nice car, I'll give it that. But after spending a few days with the new 5.0, imo it feels more like a sports car than it does a muscle car. But a nice car nonetheless
Ford shoveled Mustang fanboys utter shit for the better part of a decade and they still gobbled it up

It doesn't have to be good to sell if it's a Mustang.
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #53
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post
Ford shoveled Mustang fanboys utter shit for the better part of a decade and they still gobbled it up

LOL what choice did they have if they wanted an American pony car? The Camaro was such a steaming heap they quit making them for 8 years!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #54
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
The Camaro will lose its title in a few months (if we look at overall sales since its return)
If that 6th gen kicks ass it'll save the name

But the Mustang is a great car. Loved everything about it when I worked on one a while ago, of course it had aftermarket exhaust so the sound was amazing. The interior was beautiful and that's what really put it ahead of the Camaro... but the new 6th gen is definitely way better inside than the current 5th.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #55
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post

Actually, that comment is 100% negative but speaks volumes in favor of Ford. They're building what fans want to drive, evidently. I'm sure you're just upset, but it would be nice if you weren't so bothered. They're just cars, not yer momma.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #56
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Mustang has dominated the sales race since day 1. There have only been a few times where the Camaro beat it. The 5th gen was one because the Mustang was getting so outdated. Even then, the Mustang wasn't all that far behind in sales.