Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-27-2020, 11:39 AM   #15
MrNoosNoos

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee924 View Post
Hey I'm glad you made that much having a 19SS, I got a 19SS so way I'll tell people it's right at about the numbers you made at the rear wheels. 😉

Yes update us on the numbers after bolt ons, that will be great. When the powertrain warranty up in 4 years I already got some CA performance cat deletes that we will install and get it tuned. It already has the GM Performance CAI was on the car when we got it. It's my girlfriend car but we are just wanting to bring out a little more sound. I have a 2011 Vette grand sport with heads, cam, headers and CAI so if we want to haves more fun we'll just drive it. LoL
Heads and cam are next for the build! Can't wait for the chop chop. I had initially liked the pre-fresh (2016-2018) but I went for 2019 since the npp exhaust tune was different, It was worth it
MrNoosNoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #16
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
all these dyno monsters in here. mine made 403 with exhaust and a tune.
Hey if it makes you feel any better, I still lose to my brothers 2015 GT A6 (FBO), dig or roll. That coyote just revs up so high, he just rolls right by me. He dyno'd around 410 whp and 360ish tq. We'll be getting his car redynoed on the same dyno as me.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:42 PM   #17
MrNoosNoos

So here are the FBO e85 numbers

Mods are:
Texas speed headers and x pipe (catless)
Rotofab intake
MSD intake manifold
DSX flex fuel kit
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body

Numbers looking solid, but the run was about 50/50 93 and e85, was told it would be higher e85 only around 480+
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2020, 04:55 PM   #18
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Nice numbers
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:56 PM   #19
MrNooNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Carbon View Post
Nice numbers
Can’t wait to get up to your level!
MrNooNoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:25 PM   #20
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
My totally stock M6 2016 SS dynoed 429 RWHP and 436 RWTQ on Jannety's stingy bolton dyno (not rollers) nicknamed the "Heartbreaker" back in 2016.

So OP your LT1 is right there with mine and others. My new LT1 feels a little stronger but that might be the lighter weight. And the stock tune has changed a little for more noise. Probably the power is the same. But who knows. Dodge cheats.

For now I have decided unless Atco opens again my stock 420+s RWHP is plenty on the street and enough to have fun with safely. I did add a Rotofab dry for another 4 or 5 RWHP but mostly to get rid of that really ugly stock air-box and better noise.
It’s been proven that cold air kits do nothing for stock trim LT1s so that 4 to 5 HP you’re talking about is only in your mind.

I will agree it looks like more horse power visually.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 05-27-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #21
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
You would think there would be a standardized calibration for all dynos and shops would keep them certified periodically so they’re all within +/- 5 or 10 hp of each other.

In major industries like the airline or medical field, all equipment used to take a measurement of anything must be certified within a standardized spec and then periodically re-certified.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:38 PM   #22
threetime
*PIMP*

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
In major industries like the airline or medical field, all equipment used to take a measurement of anything must be certified within a standardized spec and then periodically re-certified.
Medical and Airline are dependent on certification as people can die and are federally/state regulated. Dyno machines aren't even in the same zipcode, but I see your point.
threetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:36 AM   #23
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoosNoos View Post
Hey if it makes you feel any better, I still lose to my brothers 2015 GT A6 (FBO), dig or roll. That coyote just revs up so high, he just rolls right by me. He dyno'd around 410 whp and 360ish tq. We'll be getting his car redynoed on the same dyno as me.
eh. i was more so cracking jokes at those putting stock in dyno numbers. i would expect your brothers car to run decent.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:57 AM   #24
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
It’s been proven that cold air kits do nothing for stock trim LT1s so that 4 to 5 HP you’re talking about is only in your mind.
Wrong, his old SS was actually tested by Jannetty Racing, and it gained about 6 rwhp with the Rotofab CAI. There was a thread posted where they tested some bolt-on parts on his SS.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #25
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
You would think there would be a standardized calibration for all dynos and shops would keep them certified periodically so they’re all within +/- 5 or 10 hp of each other.

It's typically an issue with the tech running and setting up the dyno rather than the dyno itself.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #26
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoosNoos View Post
I plan on taking it to the drag strip when all this is over to get some times on it, haven't ran it stock. On stock Eagle F1's, I got 4.4 seconds as my best 0-60 (sport mode, competitive mode on, NLS). I'm on Michelin A/S 3s in front and Michelin PS4s on rear, so we will see if my 0-60 times improve.

I've noticed when in launch control (sport mode, competitive mode on) My rpms fluctuate at either 3k, 3.5k, or 4k when its floored, was wondering if anyone else experiences this? It'll be stable and hold at the rpm but it changes occasionally. Any cause for this?
On a drag strip, the best times are with all nannies off. The SS 1LE is a a tenth or two slower than a non 1LE. if you can get to 12.4-5 with the M6 1LE stock you will be doing great. Those tires are not so great at the drags. Too much burnout they get greasy.

To me even though manuals are slower in the 1/4, the manual adds a little more fun/challenge to the process I enjoy when I get it right.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:00 PM   #27
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Wrong, his old SS was actually tested by Jannetty Racing, and it gained about 6 rwhp with the Rotofab CAI. There was a thread posted where they tested some bolt-on parts on his SS.

Even GM performance claims no HP gain with their cold air kit. If you take the time to look at the stock unit it actually pulls cold air from the front grill, it's not a bad design.

If you tune the car and start doing mods the cold air units can become beneficial but, other then that they just look pretty under the hood

Last edited by Memphis SS; 05-28-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, dyno, fbo, stock