Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-27-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
MrNoosNoos

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Stock dyno numbers

Hey fellas, I've recently got my car dyno'd "stock", and the numbers seem to be looking great. I say "stock" because all I have done is a secondary cat delete and nothing else. My tuner said he ran it 5 times, and this is the best one. Pretty consistent around the numbers its showing.
Attached Images

MrNoosNoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:06 AM   #2
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
You have a factory freak or that is a happy dyno. It seems like that may be a happy dyno. The secondary cat delete you won't gain that much. I'll go out on a limb here and say that if you have a secondary cat delete and a CAI you won't see numbers that high but dynos are tools for tuning. So when you mode it and keep the correction factor the same and such you will see what you gain for future mods given you use the same dyno. It's good you have a baseline that never hurts anything.
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:55 AM   #3
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
My totally stock M6 2016 SS dynoed 429 RWHP and 436 RWTQ on Jannety's stingy bolton dyno (not rollers) nicknamed the "Heartbreaker" back in 2016.

So OP your LT1 is right there with mine and others. My new LT1 feels a little stronger but that might be the lighter weight. And the stock tune has changed a little for more noise. Probably the power is the same. But who knows. Dodge cheats.

For now I have decided unless Atco opens again my stock 420+s RWHP is plenty on the street and enough to have fun with safely. I did add a Rotofab dry for another 4 or 5 RWHP but mostly to get rid of that really ugly stock air-box and better noise.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:41 AM   #4
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Jannety told me he was really surprised by my numbers.

To me dynos are just an approximation of performance to try to measure engine power and are only useful for comparing tuning and hardware changes. It is also something fun to argue about on the internet. The real performance measure is on a race track and when you push the pedal to the floor do you get a sick feeling in your stomach?

Last edited by Fraxum; 05-27-2020 at 07:57 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:06 AM   #5
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Like jaybee924 and Fraxum mentioned, the real purpose of a dyno is testing the mods and tuning changes that you make. I will say that the numbers themselves are not written in stone, because you could travel to a different dyno with the exact same car and get a much different reading. That is why you'll hear of 'happy dyno', 'average dyno', and 'stingy dyno'.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:17 AM   #6
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Good numbers. But the chart is using "standard". SAE is the most common, because of the correction factor. I'm guessing maybe 3-4% higher than SAE.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:56 AM   #7
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee924 View Post
You have a factory freak or that is a happy dyno. It seems like that may be a happy dyno. The secondary cat delete you won't gain that much. I'll go out on a limb here and say that if you have a secondary cat delete and a CAI you won't see numbers that high but dynos are tools for tuning. So when you mode it and keep the correction factor the same and such you will see what you gain for future mods given you use the same dyno. It's good you have a baseline that never hurts anything.
I'm definitely feeling its a happy dyno, but its got me happy too I don't have a CAI either!
Old 05-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #8
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
My totally stock M6 2016 SS dynoed 429 RWHP and 436 RWTQ on Jannety's stingy bolton dyno (not rollers) nicknamed the "Heartbreaker" back in 2016.

So OP your LT1 is right there with mine and others. My new LT1 feels a little stronger but that might be the lighter weight. And the stock tune has changed a little for more noise. Probably the power is the same. But who knows. Dodge cheats.

For now I have decided unless Atco opens again my stock 420+s RWHP is plenty on the street and enough to have fun with safely. I did add a Rotofab dry for another 4 or 5 RWHP but mostly to get rid of that really ugly stock air-box and better noise.
I'll be FBO either by the end of today or tomorrow, will post updated numbers! I'm going rotofab too, it definitely looks better than the stock one for sure.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #9
MrNoosNoos

I plan on taking it to the drag strip when all this is over to get some times on it, haven't ran it stock. On stock Eagle F1's, I got 4.4 seconds as my best 0-60 (sport mode, competitive mode on, NLS). I'm on Michelin A/S 3s in front and Michelin PS4s on rear, so we will see if my 0-60 times improve.

I've noticed when in launch control (sport mode, competitive mode on) My rpms fluctuate at either 3k, 3.5k, or 4k when its floored, was wondering if anyone else experiences this? It'll be stable and hold at the rpm but it changes occasionally. Any cause for this?
Old 05-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #10
DaggerMouth

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
My car put down 428/428 with 700 miles on it. All i had was an air filter done. Now I have a ported stock IM/TB. No clue my numbers now. But Ill be getting tuned soon. Waiting on headers and rotofab to get off back order.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #11
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoosNoos View Post
I'm definitely feeling its a happy dyno, but its got me happy too I don't have a CAI either!
Hey I'm glad you made that much having a 19SS, I got a 19SS so way I'll tell people it's right at about the numbers you made at the rear wheels. 😉

Yes update us on the numbers after bolt ons, that will be great. When the powertrain warranty up in 4 years I already got some CA performance cat deletes that we will install and get it tuned. It already has the GM Performance CAI was on the car when we got it. It's my girlfriend car but we are just wanting to bring out a little more sound. I have a 2011 Vette grand sport with heads, cam, headers and CAI so if we want to haves more fun we'll just drive it. LoL
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #12
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
all these dyno monsters in here. mine made 403 with exhaust and a tune.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #13
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
There is definitely a range that comes out of the factory. Not all cars are the same. Hell, I ran a Dyno for years through Bike Week down here, and 10 identical new bikes would all put out different numbers which would often be reflected at the track. Incidentally, that's why the privateers can never compete with the factory rides. The factory can match all the tolerances they need to make the most power. For the rest of us schlubs, sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes not so much. :-)
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:29 AM   #14
MrNoosNoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaggerMouth View Post
My car put down 428/428 with 700 miles on it. All i had was an air filter done. Now I have a ported stock IM/TB. No clue my numbers now. But Ill be getting tuned soon. Waiting on headers and rotofab to get off back order.
Is that pray ported? I wanted to go with that, but i ended up going MSD intake manifold, unfortunately it would take too long to get ported so it will have to get ported later. You should however run a tune to take advantage of the porting. Rotofab has been on back order, it took over a week and half for mine to come in to my tuner.

Tags
1le, dyno, fbo, stock