Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-27-2020, 03:55 AM   #15
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffWhiteSS View Post
I don’t really care about being able to control the sound like the NPP. I just want a louder exhaust and the quad tips do look nice too. I ordered the GM aftermarket exhaust but its on backorder and it was almost $1,000 so I may cancel if the ZL1 muffler sounds good. I’m trying to get the American Authority rear diffuser to fit the quad tips to but they are sold out to. I just really hope I don’t go through all this and it sounds the same as what I have now.
Jeff if I was you I would look at something like the awe setup. Are you going to add headers or anything down the road? If not I would look into Awe touring system or find a used aftermarket axleback with quad tips. If you want to look at the aftermarket and want new look at juicedmotorsports.com and use promo code Camaro6 I have a 19 SS that has NPP with quad tips. Well the person that had it before we got cut the crush pipe section out and welded a bigger pipe in there. So I went and found a ZL1 Stock NPP because dealer was like the exhaust has been cut and welded not wanting to do warranty work. The tips are bigger which is cool because we have the factory ground effects so it fills out the valance but the sound is pretty much the same. Now I don't know how your dual mode sounds though. Just my thoughts.
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:59 AM   #16
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
I don’t really care about being able to control the sound like the NPP. I just want a louder exhaust and the quad tips do look nice too. I ordered the GM aftermarket exhaust but its on backorder and it was almost $1,000 so I may cancel if the ZL1 muffler sounds good. I’m trying to get the American Authority rear diffuser to fit the quad tips to but they are sold out to. I just really hope I don’t go through all this and it sounds the same as what I have now.
Here's a video comparing the two.

Their description:
"I made this video to show how loud my factory non NPP was against the factory NPP on Track and on Stealth mode. Obviously the NPP on track mode was louder. The NPP on stealth was a little similar to the non NPP sound but still I thought it was a little louder. First you will hear the factory non NPP exhaust sound from the white Camaro, then factory NPP on Track mode on the black Camaro, then finally the factory NPP on Stealth mode from the black Camaro."

And one of the comments: "The difference between the two stock exhausts is like night and day. The Flowmasters on the dual exhaust has evened the score. lol"

They (the poster of the video) think the NPP on stealth mode is even a little louder than the non NPP. So, with track mode (opened valves) it's going to be quite a bit louder.

Hope that helps.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:57 AM   #17
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Altered Carbon sums it up very well and I would just cut out your factory diffuser to fit the quad tips for the time being until the quad diffuser is back in stock. I would definitely cancel your order for the GM performance exhaust.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:04 AM   #18
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
If you have the single exhaust, which absolutely sounds like shit in comparison, you will be very happy.

And when you replace that exhaust panel, don't do it without taking the bumper off, it's easy and no real way to do it right without it.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:05 AM   #19
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I would recommend going with an aftermarket exhaust too because the NPP exhaust installed on a non NPP Camaro will never function like one originally equipped with the option. I know though the quad tip exhaust looks better than the dual tip but there are options in aftermarket systems that will work with your Camaro.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #20
JeffWhiteSS

Drives: Camaro SS
Unfortunately my only two options are the GMC aftermarket or putting the ZL1 muffler on. I have a 7 year 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty that I don’t want to take any chances with warranty work down the road. I know many have said it won’t affect it and the dealer has to prove it was the exhaust. My local dealer recommended not going aftermarket because you never know what Chevy will say. When my warranty is up a might do other upgrades but that will be a while from now.
JeffWhiteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:07 PM   #21
L8Apex

Quote:
Unfortunately my only two options are the GMC aftermarket or putting the ZL1 muffler on. I have a 7 year 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty that I don’t want to take any chances with warranty work down the road. I know many have said it won’t affect it and the dealer has to prove it was the exhaust. My local dealer recommended not going aftermarket because you never know what Chevy will say. When my warranty is up a might do other upgrades but that will be a while from now.
Aren't the ZL1 and SS NPP systems identical?
Are you just considering cutting before the mufflers and adding them in?
I think I'd probably do that and leave the rest of the system intact.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #22
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I would recommend going with an aftermarket exhaust too because the NPP exhaust installed on a non NPP Camaro will never function like one originally equipped with the option. I know though the quad tip exhaust looks better than the dual tip but there are options in aftermarket systems that will work with your Camaro.
He's not looking for the NPP function and alot of people pull their exhaust fuse as a first "mod" anyway, so that's exactly how his exhaust will sound and function.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:33 PM   #23
JeffWhiteSS

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
Aren't the ZL1 and SS NPP systems identical?
Are you just considering cutting before the mufflers and adding them in?
I think I'd probably do that and leave the rest of the system intact.
My SS does not have the NPP exhaust. Mine is very quit and I’m just looking for a little bit of a better sound. I was told the ZL1 muffler is different then mine because I don’t have NPP and it will be louder. I was just going to install from the muffler back. I’m not looking for crazy loud just want to sound like it has a V8 and not V6.
JeffWhiteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:41 PM   #24
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes I know TheRealJA.��
Old 05-28-2020, 06:26 AM   #25
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Hope the videos and information I sent you via phone helped you out
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:57 AM   #26
L8Apex

Quote:
My SS does not have the NPP exhaust. Mine is very quit and I’m just looking for a little bit of a better sound. I was told the ZL1 muffler is different then mine because I don’t have NPP and it will be louder. I was just going to install from the muffler back. I’m not looking for crazy loud just want to sound like it has a V8 and not V6.
Yes of course the NPP and non-NPP mufflers are different, NPP is valved.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:21 AM   #27
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Like I've said, it will without a doubt be noticeably louder than your current non-NPP setup if the valves are open.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote