Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-23-2020, 12:03 AM   #15
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
Well, let's see.

At home, despite the fact I keep my car in a a garage, this one guy in a LOUD black Mustang, previous generation to the present ( 2010 or twelve-ish? ) is always speeding down my street at stupidly imprudent speeds in a 25 mph zone, lays on the throttle especially loud as he goes by my house. I once said to a my neighbor, as we witnessed this: "What, is he calling me out?". Very loud: headers without cats likely. He's going to end up dead or in deep shit with the law one day I'm sure. He'll likely T-bone some poor SOB backing out of their driveway as he speeds through the subdivision at 65 MPH.

What is it with these punks in Golfs? I rarely see any "attitude driving" from latest gen Mustangs or Challengers", but from modified Golfs, attitude aplenty. Very "kid-like": I refuse to engage in a high-speed rat race in high traffic, or refuse to run traffic lights? The backwards-hatted little shits no doubt likely brag how they "blew off a V8 Camaro". Pull a decisive lead on them where it's clear they'll never reel you in? You're picking on them.

V8 Chargers. Big chip on the shoulder as well. Always laying rubber from a stop or doing conspicuous burst of speed in stupid situations ( heavy traffic, slow residential areas ). Yeah yeah yeah, I get it: "Don't think I'm slow 'cus I got 4-doors". Yeah yeah, I DO get it: Even though the Charger begat the Challenger, the Charger plays second fiddle, especially in the looks department. Yeah, they ARE fast in their high-perf versions, just don't be a jerk about it...and don't forget, some roads have curves.
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:50 AM   #16
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i live on floor it road, in the country, not in a neighborhood. there’s a 90* corner by my house and then it goes uphill. everyone floors it off that corner. cops, soccer moms, teenage girls, lambos, mustangs, dump trucks...everything. normally i’d be ok with it but i work nights and lambo guy decided to remove his mufflers. it’s whatever. i could be woken up by worse.

what is neato is when the local speed shop is out driving their stuff past. 1400 hp mustangs make a lot of noise but damn it sounds good echoing off the trees.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:24 AM   #17
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
I get it a lot at stoplights from BRZs and v6 mustangs. I don't get it
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:32 AM   #18
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
Try getting a bunch of Camaros together and see what happens. Every time our Camaro club has a cruise, some knucklehead with a clapped out Civic and a coffee can muffler has to run it up to 6 grand and “rip” past our line of cars.
Ha ha, years ago I was at a light in my cammed Corvette. Old beater Civic with a blower next to me, keeps revving to the limiter. Light turns green, he takes off. As I crest the hill, there he is, in the middle of the road, white smoke billowing everywhere!
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:02 AM   #19
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
No, all my neighbors are pretty much adults
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #20
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
No, all my neighbors are pretty much adults
that is most unfortunate.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #21
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
This wasn't particularly at me but the other night my wife and I were driving home in the Honda and we ended up behind this Acura at the light. Had a nice Camaro that pulled up next to the Acura in front of us. Camaro was a nice looking one Blue in Color. The Acura driver revs his modified exhaust (fart can) at the Camaro and the Camaro returns with a throaty response. Light turns green the Acura speeds off and it turns out the Camaro was an unmarked police car. I laughed so hard when he put on the lights and pulled over the Acura.

On a side note I didn't know they used Camaros for cop cars.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #22
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Funny, cause it never happened to me with my Camaro. Not a single time.

But it happened once or twice with my Tiburon. The funniest one was when that guy with a mazdaspeed 3 got next to me and pointed in front with his head saying "wanna race?". I informed him, he did it again, looked at him like he was stupid, then he proceeded to accelerate fast and drove off.

Next time it happens I will kindly ask him to go and play back with his Tonka in the sand cause this is where kids should play, not on the road, those are for adults.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #23
ride_002000

Drives: 2016 F150
I'm usually the one doing the revving. Kinda a "come and get it" rev. Lol. I had a scat pack charger that wanted to play on the highway. Got up next to him we both floor it and I walk him. We get off on the next exit and he pulls up and goes "just bought it, can't really get on it right now". I call BS, he was pedal to the floor and not gaining. He may have just bought it but it wasn't new. But I do get some ppl that rev at me, have had some STI's and some 335i BMWs rev a bit. I just smile at them, drop it down a couple gears and give em a taste. Probably doesn't help that my license plate says "ITZ SLW"
ride_002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #24
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Now that’s funny Devstrike!! I would have been laughing my ass off when I passed him on the side of the road!��
Old 05-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #25
SFHess

Drives: 2016 Mystic Green Chevrolet SS
Many years ago, I had an 89 Isuzu I-mark RS, a car much less sporty than it looks with all of 125 HP. I was on my way home from work, waiting at a red light to make a left and go home, when a kid in late 70's El Camino pulls up in the right lane, and is hanging out his window looking at me while revving his engine.

So I indulge him and turn of my blinker. The light changes and we go, I easily get two or three car lengths ahead of him, and then slow and make the next left to go home. He blows on past and catches up to the cop who had turned onto the road at the red light at which were initially waiting.

I don't know what happened, but I can only hope it was amusing.
SFHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #26
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Not sure if they are wanting to race or saying hi, I just wave because too many drivers on phones or not paying attention.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:52 PM   #27
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I get ricers who see me at a light who begin to make fart noises like they are trying to impress me. They just sound silly. I just ignore them.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #28
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
This wasn't particularly at me but the other night my wife and I were driving home in the Honda and we ended up behind this Acura at the light. Had a nice Camaro that pulled up next to the Acura in front of us. Camaro was a nice looking one Blue in Color. The Acura driver revs his modified exhaust (fart can) at the Camaro and the Camaro returns with a throaty response. Light turns green the Acura speeds off and it turns out the Camaro was an unmarked police car. I laughed so hard when he put on the lights and pulled over the Acura.

On a side note I didn't know they used Camaros for cop cars.
Ahh man, turning on the lights and siren after losing a drag race is just poor sportsmanship.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote