Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #113
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubaNzLuV View Post
I am having the same issue. I took the car to the dealer and the service supervisor told me that I have an "Aftermarket Exhaust" and that this is what is causing the problem. He also tried to scared me saying that having such an exhaust voids my warranty which I know is not true, what I have is a Borla axle back. Then he told me that he was not going to report that I have an aftermarket exhaust, that if i wanted to get the car fix I needed to put the factory exhaust on. What should I do about this guys?
Find a new dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #114
Blackacidmaro

Drives: 16 2SS
Dealer putting a new converter in on mine. Gave me no BS on anything. Just straight to putting a new one in.
Blackacidmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #115
mbar

Drives: 2016 1SS
I started having shuddering while I'm on "manual mode" at 2nd gear/5000 RPM. It sound like I'm driving on a scrubbed road. Noise/vibration is coming from the engine bay/passenger side. Only happens at 2nd gear.
Did anybody have a similar situation? Should I be worried?
Thanks
Old 03-28-2017, 06:04 PM   #116
ponch333

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immoralus View Post
Please keep me posted with your results in Waldorf. Yea your issue sounds like more of a ECM/TCM issue, however it needs to be fixed.

I've sorta given up, did a muffler delete, and now it's audible. You can now hear the transmission slipping. I'm contemplating dropping it back off at Bowie while I'm away on business.

I've called Chevy Customer Service and they were of no help. Just gave me a simple "Sorry, if the dealership can't find any issues, there's not much we can do...best of luck,buck."

The shudder is annoying but the fact that I can hear my trans slip wot going from 4th-5th is causing me to lose races lol.
Had a couple weeks of no issues. Started acting up again. Seems like its hanging 3rd gear when coming to a stop then when accelerating it slips. Dont want to take to dealer until The problem gets undeniable or the trans blows up.
ponch333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:05 PM   #117
Immoralus

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS A8
I have another appointment with Service tomorrow. Hoping for the best, have the technician drive with me.
Immoralus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:54 AM   #118
Turtle 2ss
TBC

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2ss
Did a flush on my about 500 miles ago and problem is gone. So for now it seems to be fixed. I honesty didn't think it would work by just changing the oil.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #119
2000form

Drives: 2000 pontiac formula
I had this same issue on my 2017. Didn't show up till 10,000 miles. Mostly noticed the rumble while going a steady 70-73. It would come for a few seconds and then go away. On my 12 mile interstate drive it would happen maybe a dozen times. I did notice some slipping during acceleration but wasn't sure. They did the three flush and I'm suppose to bring it back after 200 miles. I was also skeptical about the flushing but it's way better. I notice it shifts much different now as well. They were able to see converter lockup issues while driving/scanning the car.
2000form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:59 PM   #120
killervette666

Drives: 1979 Corvette
Hi everyone, been lurking on here ever since I purchased my Jet Black 2017 1SS (built August 2016) this past Saturday. Wondering if the problem I'm having falls under this service bulletin. Whenever I slow down to a stop (around 20-25 mph to 0), and especially when I coast to a stop, I feel the transmission searching for the right gear, and I even feel it shift down sometimes and give the car a little "kick" in the back almost as if I had let go of the brake pedal a bit. Other times I'm coasting to a stop and I feel it all of a sudden hold back as if it has shifted up to a higher gear. Is this torque converter slipage? I only have 170 miles on the car so far but thinking I should take it in right away while any damage is still minimal. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
killervette666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:33 AM   #121
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by killervette666 View Post
Hi everyone, been lurking on here ever since I purchased my Jet Black 2017 1SS (built August 2016) this past Saturday. Wondering if the problem I'm having falls under this service bulletin. Whenever I slow down to a stop (around 20-25 mph to 0), and especially when I coast to a stop, I feel the transmission searching for the right gear, and I even feel it shift down sometimes and give the car a little "kick" in the back almost as if I had let go of the brake pedal a bit. Other times I'm coasting to a stop and I feel it all of a sudden hold back as if it has shifted up to a higher gear. Is this torque converter slipage? I only have 170 miles on the car so far but thinking I should take it in right away while any damage is still minimal. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
I had similar issues last May with my '16 SS, took it in and they reprogrammed the TCM and ECM, night and day difference, been fine since then.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #122
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by killervette666 View Post
What was the last auto you drove? The current crop of 8 speed autos (GM and ZF units) lock up the TC at low speeds. This results in "abrupt" shifts from 1-2 and 2-1 at low throttle inputs (since this is the speed the TC locks/unlocks at). It's more noticeable after cold starts, but is always there.

This might not be your exact issue and I would check into the TCM reset as suggested to be sure. But if that doesn't fix it, then likely you are just noticing this "intended" operation quirk. Also the TC slippage is pretty easy to identify. It feels like driving over highway rumble strips and occurs under light acceleration at cruising speeds (typically 65-75mph).

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:35 AM   #123
killervette666

Drives: 1979 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
What was the last auto you drove? The current crop of 8 speed autos (GM and ZF units) lock up the TC at low speeds. This results in "abrupt" shifts from 1-2 and 2-1 at low throttle inputs (since this is the speed the TC locks/unlocks at). It's more noticeable after cold starts, but is always there.

This might not be your exact issue and I would check into the TCM reset as suggested to be sure. But if that doesn't fix it, then likely you are just noticing this "intended" operation quirk. Also the TC slippage is pretty easy to identify. It feels like driving over highway rumble strips and occurs under light acceleration at cruising speeds (typically 65-75mph).
Thanks for the info everyone. My past car was a 2000 Camry (talk about an upgrade!), so not exactly the most up-to-date transmission, and I also drive my 3 speed auto 1979 Corvette in the summer (4k rpm at 75 mph, gota love it), although I have had a few drives in a 2010 Lexus GS350 and don't remember feeling anything similar (but it's also by no means a sports car...). I also thought that maybe it's just how the new autos operate, and it's good to hear that part of this may be just regular operation, but at the same time the behavior is a little too odd with not just abrupt shifts (which wouldn't bother me, I have a shift kit on the corvette) but seemingly odd shifts up and down. I think I'll take it into the dealer and see if I can convince them to do the TCM/ECM update and flush.
killervette666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #124
GhostEye07

Drives: '16 Camaro 2LT RS
My cars transmission i guess died yesterday.....

From a dead stop to trying to move, it will not grab a gear. The car shakes violently goes up to 4000-6000 and finally grabs gear. this happens from 1st all the way to 3rd.... its really bad.. Even going in reverse its shaking violently. I'll keep you guys updated on what the hell happend!
Old 04-16-2017, 08:33 AM   #125
rdonley

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I took my 2ss to the dealer with shuddering problem. They first did the flush and ended up replacing TC. I drove for about 300 or so miles and it is now experiencing the same problem!
rdonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #126
Peetrutgers

Drives: Camaro V8
I have the same issue. My dealer told me, I will get a complete new transmission.
Peetrutgers is offline   Reply With Quote