Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Aftermarket Traction Control

I know most of you guys are doing everything possible to disable traction control or just run some sort of setup that allows you to launch the car, however, I'm looking for something more akin to controlling wheel spin while exiting turns (aside from your right foot) that can modulate significantly better than your own reactions. Keeping the factory traction control in place is just too invasive and at times, having it in competitive mode seems to not be invasive enough.

I know Racelogic has a kit but I could have sworn that within the last year, another company was showcasing their traction control system. I wasn't sure where I post this question as I understand many people have little to no interest in this.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:52 AM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
WE do not disable traction control as it saves your life like stabillitrac........... We disable TORQUE MANAGEMENT WHICH ROBS POWER WHEN A WHEEL SLIPS FROM THAT REAR WHEEL. Traction control for me kicks on when I bang through the gears and if going aggressively in my car it breaks traction on the rear shifting thorough all the gears and generally I am trying to avoid it by getting out of it by giving it less gas if this happens and I am not alright with doing it...some times I want to wag my tail at some Arse if they have annoyed me to let them know yes I can do rolling burn outs I got it like that....so back the F off, after that its pretty much get away.

Turing off traction control Via the button on the dash is something many do because they do not want traction..kind of like a old one legged dog of a solid axle muscle car so they can feel impressed with the little torque they have after they deal with the throttle delay built into the potentiometer that so many want to use the ...sprint booster... arg whats its called oh yah the friggin whatever throttle signal booster for the pedal assembly which most buy and its Chinese....yah with Vitesses name on it so its got to be better than the ones that used to look exactly ,(and still does),like it available on ebay from china like years ago when they first came out right?

The cam is a wide LSA with lots of separation low duration for mileage on the LS engine and not prone to good low end torque, wheel spin also akin to wheel hop can be best controlled with up graded suspension especially the trailing arm and toe. Also using the traction control provided after ditching torque management helps right the ship. With competitive mode in a auto I would imagine its easier on the rear than a 3:45 rear with a built stroker. Most say the launch control on the ls3 is set a little too high and should be more in the 3500-4000 range and I agree when built as I avoid wheel spin. Not having launch control on a l99 you may want to go to a higher stall torque converter.

BMR also makes a upper delrin control arm bushing that eliminates a lot of deflection and things to stiffen your rear should help. And if your doomed to thrash on the thing the rear pumpkin being all aluminum could really use a LPW diff cover to stiffen it up to avoid flex and the disasters it can cause. For road racing of course the stickiest tires/ contact patch, the right camber and caster and everything in the suspension matters far more than a lot of other things. Good Luck.