Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #57
Ronin2316

Drives: Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Nurburgring lap times are only significant when you break records, which has changed with new regulations anyway. Comparing laps run by different drivers on different days, in different conditions is pointless. You can only tell if the cars are close in performance or not.
Yes. Agreed 100% Curious if any credible video / etc is out to back that claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Yes, coming from a Mustang owner on a Camaro forum.

You just joined, have a total of 2 posts and your first posts are to resurrect an old thread and explain why the GT350/GT350R is inferior to Z/28. Oh, fancy that, you have a Z/28.

I'd say that is along the lines of trolling.

Sake of the argument, could you, yourself, in your Z/28 replicate the times on the Nurburgring? Simple question.
Oh fancy that, you have 700 posts and still ask stupid questions.
Ronin2316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #58
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin2316 View Post
Yes. Agreed 100% Curious if any credible video / etc is out to back that claim?

Oh fancy that, you have 700 posts and still ask stupid questions.

I'm happy to know you are literate and can count.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:42 PM   #59
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed....and please correct me if I'm wrong but the 350R is no King yet.

The 350R still has yet to post a legit and not "alleged" Nurburgring lap time. Nothing online as of yet.. Only a randy P vid one lap on steel brake 350R Vs a bologna Skinned Z/28.

The 350R has a 6+ gal less fuel tank Multiplied by the weight of fuel and your close to the weight advantage of 350R. That is IF you compare the Stripped 350R Vs Stripped Z28, yes the 350r as base comes WITHOUT AC and a radio.

And how do steel brakes manage to stop just as effective or more effectively than carbon, after the first 4min in of thrashing on Nuremberg.

Also the last 1min 20sec of record Z/28 Nuremberg time was done in the rain... Factor in humidity index was bad enough the track looked dark as F$&k for most of the Z's infamous hot lap , if not straight damp.
Once you have enough rotor, pad, and brake cooling to keep conventional (meaning iron rotor) brakes inside their happy temperature range, better brakes won't add appreciable performance over relatively short run durations. Greater longevity? Most likely.

FWIW, a typical track day session runs anywhere from 20 minutes on up, or three or more times the Z/28's measured Nurburgring lap time. All that time on the long straight = no braking and plenty of time for the brakes to cool that you don't get on a track where the lap times are more like 2 minutes or less.

Don't expect Ford to use the same tracks for high performance exhibitions as Chevy does, officially or otherwise. But you'd have to get the reasons from somebody in the loop at Ford who doesn't value his job, not from random people on a Camaro forum.

Quote:
[the Z/28 Nurburgring video is] still a very valid and relevant topic no? Thank you for your helpful contribution.
At this point, it's just a data point that's been hashed out here and elsewhere many times before you joined.

Which brings up another point . . . nobody can establish much credibility inside the first couple of weeks membership and handful of posts. It takes time, and enough posts of value to the community for that, and 5 years/700 posts at least indicates staying power.

I'm not at all sure where you're going with that nitpicky matter of fuel in the middle of a shotgun kind of post. But wherever it is, make sure that you thoroughly understand how you're getting there. There are a few engineers on this forum . . .

I'm actually happy for you that you have a Z/28 (I've ridden in one at moderately brisk speed on a real track and driven one, albeit at low speed around paddock). Have you tracked yours yet? Drag racing doesn't count.

Norm