Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2021, 09:34 AM   #15
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne1LE View Post
So with a newborn and living in a quiet suburban neighborhood, I have been thinking of how I can make cold starts quieter without modifying the car.
Car is TSP LT to Mbrp so it’s loud as hell. But it sounds great and I’m only trying to reduce startup noise in the garage. So here I am…

Thinking of building either 1 large or 2 individual 5 sided “boxes” filled with acoustical foam to place behind each side of the exhaust to absorb the initial shock at startup. Anyone have any insight? May be a fun project as I’m a carpenter by trade.
At least you're trying to be considerate, unlike the guy below, forcing his neighbors to spend thousands of $ on upgraded windows after a couple of years of complaining that fell on deaf ears.

Can you start the car with the garage door closed, then open the garage door right after the really loud startup "bark"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B8TTYVILLEKID View Post
After I cold started my modified G8 every morning years ago at 0530 every morning my neighbors finally bought double pane hurricane windows. (after a couple years of heavy complaining) Not necessarily recommended but it worked for me. My kid was a teenager by then so she slept through it so no problems from the wife.
I'm a car guy, but that's just downright inconsiderate.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #16
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
NY governor just signed a law making it illegal for a muffler shop to alter an exhaust system to increase the sound over stock.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:03 PM   #17
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
I would recommend putting on a factory NPP. This is what I have with Kooks headers. Not very loud when I start the car and it is in Tour mode. Sport mode is a good bit louder. Once it idles down, the car is very quiet.

But if you aren't going to change your exhaust setup, the only thing you could do is completely seal up your garage and install a lot of acoustical foam on the walls, ceiling, and garage doors.
When you start the car in Tour mode, it will sound the same as Sport and Track mode - the valves are open on starts. It takes a couple of seconds after starting for the valves to close in Tour.

If you want them closed on starts, you have to go into settings and set the Engine Sound to Stealth.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:12 PM   #18
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Of being inconsiderate, you chose to live on top of people in a residential and I've said to one person that you're presence in the neighborhood isn't transparent, either. Like when I want to take a nap and you're running your weedwhacker at full throttle for 30 minutes. I will start mine, most of the time, with the garage door closed but ya, in a close neighborhood somethings sure do suck.
Too, you chose to live on a busy 4 lane main road in town, certain parts of your choices, they suck.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:23 PM   #19
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
When you start the car in Tour mode, it will sound the same as Sport and Track mode - the valves are open on starts. It takes a couple of seconds after starting for the valves to close in Tour.

If you want them closed on starts, you have to go into settings and set the Engine Sound to Stealth.
You can accessory on and put it into stealth mode through the radio to have them closed for the whole start up. That's what I do when starting in my apartment

Nevermind didn't read your whole comment lol
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:51 PM   #20
BruceWayne1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Do you have cat warmup and exhaust rumble mode disabled in your tune? If not start there first. Will make a significant difference in how loud the exhaust barks on cold start.
I never really thought about it until you mentioned it here. I have high flow cats still but we all know they serve no purpose at this point. I think before next season starts I’ll try and get a retune. Going to start some winter car projects shortly.

I really drive the car 2 times a week now when it’s dry. All my neighbors are cool I’m just trying to keep it that way…. I’ll start this project and report back.

I have no intention of spending 2k on a NPP catback anytime soon. Especially with how awesome it sounds now.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:12 PM   #21
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
You can accessory on and put it into stealth mode through the radio to have them closed for the whole start up. That's what I do when starting in my apartment

Nevermind didn't read your whole comment lol
Correct, stealth while the car is running, before you turn it off.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 11:58 PM   #22
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
So with a newborn and living in a quiet suburban neighborhood, I have been thinking of how I can make cold starts quieter without modifying the car.
Car is TSP LT to Mbrp so it’s loud as hell. But it sounds great and I’m only trying to reduce startup noise in the garage. So here I am…

Thinking of building either 1 large or 2 individual 5 sided “boxes” filled with acoustical foam to place behind each side of the exhaust to absorb the initial shock at startup. Anyone have any insight? May be a fun project as I’m a carpenter by trade.
If you decide to go this route, be careful with the acoustic foam. Some acoustic foams out there are known for being highly flammable. I know you’re just using it on start up, but it’s just to make you aware of the possible fire hazard.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:45 AM   #23
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
I never really thought about it until you mentioned it here. I have high flow cats still but we all know they serve no purpose at this point. I think before next season starts I’ll try and get a retune. Going to start some winter car projects shortly.

I really drive the car 2 times a week now when it’s dry. All my neighbors are cool I’m just trying to keep it that way…. I’ll start this project and report back.

I have no intention of spending 2k on a NPP catback anytime soon. Especially with how awesome it sounds now.
You can have cats and still still disable the Catalyst mode without harming them. CSP has a video on it showing the difference in sound level.

Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote