Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2020, 04:16 AM   #1
Tevin
 
Tevin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11
Sema grille

So I ordered a sema grille from American Authority in white so I can spray paint the inserts yellow to match my car. Well apparently the inserts light up. AA didnít say anything in the description about the grille lighting up. I canít find anything on the internet to even see what an illuminated sema grille even looks like. So does any one have a illuminated sema grille so I can see how it looks?
Tevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
Richard79
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro V8 Coupe (UK) 6 speed
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: UK
Posts: 23
I have a SEMA grille and nothing lights up but the DRLs do move across from the old one to the SEMA one I think (I'm in the UK where don't have the grille DRLs installed).

Painting the inserts should be pretty easy I would think.
Richard79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
Tevin
 
Tevin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard79 View Post
I have a SEMA grille and nothing lights up but the DRLs do move across from the old one to the SEMA one I think (I'm in the UK where don't have the grille DRLs installed).

Painting the inserts should be pretty easy I would think.
Wait so you guys donít have the bottom DRLís?? And I found a video on what I was talking about now: https://youtu.be/KD9b6eG7CSo

I just didnít expect for mines to light up. I just thought it was a plain white colored one. But yeah spray painting them was easy and itís getting installed at a shop right now.
Tevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
arpad_m


 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 8,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevin View Post
Wait so you guys don’t have the bottom DRL’s?? And I found a video on what I was talking about now: https://youtu.be/KD9b6eG7CSo

I just didn’t expect for mines to light up. I just thought it was a plain white colored one. But yeah spray painting them was easy and it’s getting installed at a shop right now.
Europe and Asia get no separate DRLs on their specific Camaro models, only those built into the headlights plus two holes where we have ours, I'm not exactly sure why.

Some regulations I do know about (for example, amber turn signals that cannot share space with brake lights, turn signals on the side, pedestrian protection that disqualifies the ZL1 1LE), but this one is weird, when so many other Euro cars have multiple DRL elements, too.
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS ó G7E MX0 NPP F55 IO6
735 rwhp | 665 rwtq

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18

Last edited by arpad_m; 12-04-2020 at 03:51 PM.
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:17 AM   #5
Richard79
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro V8 Coupe (UK) 6 speed
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: UK
Posts: 23
This is what mine looks like

Richard79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:14 PM   #6
brando_gen6
 
brando_gen6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevin View Post
So I ordered a sema grille from American Authority in white so I can spray paint the inserts yellow to match my car. Well apparently the inserts light up. AA didn’t say anything in the description about the grille lighting up. I can’t find anything on the internet to even see what an illuminated sema grille even looks like. So does any one have a illuminated sema grille so I can see how it looks?
Sorry, kind of a bad picture but you get the idea. I emailed American Authority and they actually sell the LED inserts but with no warranty on the LEDs, they were $60. Hope this helps!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Follow me on instagram! @brando_gen6
brando_gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:42 PM   #7
Tevin
 
Tevin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando_gen6 View Post
Sorry, kind of a bad picture but you get the idea. I emailed American Authority and they actually sell the LED inserts but with no warranty on the LEDs, they were $60. Hope this helps!
That looks bad ass. I shouldíve told the guy to wire them up but since I painted them I didnít think it would shine bright enough. But they look pretty bright so maybe I was wrong lol Iím waiting on my splitter now 😋
Attached Images
 
Tevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #8
Tevin
 
Tevin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Europe and Asia get no separate DRLs on their specific Camaro models, only those built into the headlights plus two holes where we have ours, I'm not exactly sure why.

Some regulations I do know about (for example, amber turn signals that cannot share space with brake lights, turn signals on the side, pedestrian protection that disqualifies the ZL1 1LE), but this one is weird, when so many other Euro cars have multiple DRL elements, too.
Yeah I heard about the canards on the ZLE being too dangerous or something 😂 thatís so stupid
Tevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #9
Tevin
 
Tevin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard79 View Post
This is what mine looks like

Sucks you guys donít have um; it really adds to the car
Tevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #10
Richard79
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro V8 Coupe (UK) 6 speed
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: UK
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevin View Post
Sucks you guys donít have um; it really adds to the car
Agree. I could probably fit them but it would then not pass UK inspection laws. :(
Richard79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:50 PM   #11
NuveCloud
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: CA
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando_gen6 View Post
Sorry, kind of a bad picture but you get the idea. I emailed American Authority and they actually sell the LED inserts but with no warranty on the LEDs, they were $60. Hope this helps!
Is it possible i can get the link for the LEDs? How do the inserts look like?
NuveCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Tags
sema grille

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.