Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-20-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
biggjonn

Drives: 2017 SS 50th Anniv #241 6M
Driver's Ventilated Seat - NOT WORKING!!!

FIRSTLY I'd like to apologize ..IF.. I am unaware and misinformed on this subject . . . here goes:

"Lethal" put up a VLOG about the ventilated seats and "ALPHA CAMARO" spoke about how the seats work intermittently. These comments took place in 2016 ... it is now 2020 and I haven't seen/heard anything related to a possible fix. Does anybody have any positive information related to the fix for this issue?? Please let me know. If there is a thread already in place, please direct me to it so I can get my seat working again . . . THANKS GUYS (& GIRLS)
Old 08-20-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Are you sure they aren't working? The airflow in mine is pretty anemic, and depending on the air temperature, seat temperature, and how hot I feel personally, sometimes I feel the cooling effect, other times not so much. I NEVER turned them on and thought, Wow! that's blowing too hard, I better turn that down a notch or two!

If your seats are working intermittently, sorry, I'm no help.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #3
turbo2ltr

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I put the gen5diy kit in my 1SS and yeah sometimes I feel it but most of the time I wonder if it's even on. Also noticed it seems to work less if you have the back of the bottom seat adjusted all the way down. It puts the fan air intake nearly touching the floor. I keep the floor vents on for the A/C to try and get some cool air in there.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:00 PM   #4
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggjonn View Post
FIRSTLY I'd like to apologize ..IF.. I am unaware and misinformed on this subject . . . here goes:

"Lethal" put up a VLOG about the ventilated seats and "ALPHA CAMARO" spoke about how the seats work intermittently. These comments took place in 2016 ... it is now 2020 and I haven't seen/heard anything related to a possible fix. Does anybody have any positive information related to the fix for this issue?? Please let me know. If there is a thread already in place, please direct me to it so I can get my seat working again . . . THANKS GUYS (& GIRLS)

THIS! If anyone knows how to improve the weak performance of the ventilated seats, I would love to hear it. I mean something innovative...not just, "make sure you have the floor vent setting turned on and A/C set to recycle interior air."

I can only tell that mine work because I can hear the fan. Can't say I really feel much (if any) "ventilation" 90 percent of the time.

It's my biggest disappointment with the car. Pretty much happy with everything else, so tough to complain.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:06 PM   #5
turbo2ltr

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Maybe fan upgrade is in order.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:29 PM   #6
biggjonn

Drives: 2017 SS 50th Anniv #241 6M
. . . . . to add: I weigh in at about 325 standing 6ft 4 (pretty big & heavy guy) supposedly, my weight mashes down the seat material .. touching the fan and causing it not to spin / work properly . . . . . there WAS "mention" of a possible recall (or fix) BUT I haven't heard or seen a thing (so I was asking)

if for two seconds ... I thought ... that I could simply manufacture a spacer plate (moving fan away from seat bottom) I WOULD ... but I have checked (not thoroughly) in the Corvette .. SS .. Impala .. and this forum but no luck yet

maybe I will just remove the seat and start tinkering with some shyt if I do, I'll post pics
Old 08-20-2020, 09:38 PM   #7
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Are you sure they aren't working? The airflow in mine is pretty anemic, and depending on the air temperature, seat temperature, and how hot I feel personally, sometimes I feel the cooling effect, other times not so much. I NEVER turned them on and thought, Wow! that's blowing too hard, I better turn that down a notch or two!
Totally agree. Maybe we need a voltage booster for the seat fans too?
Old 08-20-2020, 11:00 PM   #8
CoeusAscended

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018
If I sit too hard back on the seat I dont feel it at all. Great thought, but piss poor execution. Little pet peeve, along with having to hold down the button to close the sunroof. Always feel like a moron having to hold my finger in place.
CoeusAscended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:22 PM   #9
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post

If your seats are working intermittently, sorry, I'm no help.
This! Coincidentally, I was going to do a forum search on this very subject.

I'm in SoCal, we are having a heatwave, and my car is in the parking lot at work. I get in and it's super hot. Turn the ventilated seats on and during my drive home I don't feel a damn bit of cooling.

I guess I'll have to check when the weather is cooler. If it's not working it's off to the dealer for warranty work.
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:36 AM   #10
Richard79

Drives: 2019 Camaro V8 Coupe (UK) 6 speed
I have the Recaro's in my 2018 SS and you can really feel the cooling when you turn it on. I don't know about the standard seats though.
Richard79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:50 AM   #11
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I have the normal seats in my 2SS and I honestly have to turn the ventilated seats down when I used them. They are great... The air flow is awesome. Now we have ventilated seats in the Impala also and in that car the air flow is very weak.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:09 AM   #12
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
I have a 2017 vert and like to have the fan on to keep from sweating. However, it is hit and miss and as some posts state and depends on my sitting position I guess. I'm 6 feet 260lbs. I keep the fan on high and do feel it somewhat. Obviously it works so much better with the top up but when I blow the cold air on my ankles with the top down I do feel some relief even at 90mph.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:33 AM   #13
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
While we are at it can we get the seat heater 1SS/LT1 REcaros working also? I only want to take my seats out once.

They are great seats even without heating and cooling.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:55 AM   #14
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
My 2018 Equinox with ventilated seats work a lot better than the ones in my 2SS, I even have the floor vent button turned on to move some air down under on the floor and beneath the seats, which does help some, but the are definitely not as good as my Equinox ones.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote