Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 02-04-2021, 04:33 AM   #15
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I have the manifold in a box from GPI. Also have a valid HPtuners... Someone can sent me a log file template, I will do it. I have not used HPtuners since 2009, so this is a bit more complex.

I will also log before swap and do compare.
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:10 AM   #16
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
The issue in my mind is the actually location of the intake throttle body placement. It’s changing the bends in the intake bends/accordions and that will lead to potentially changing the way it draws air across the maf. The lt2 is considerably taller than the msd even. If your heating the motor to that extent throw a wideband on it

That being said the stock tune on a stock cai or gmpp with cal is on the rich side...
I can't say for certain that it won't (haven't tested it and am just ballparking based on what I remember from fluid mechanics classes), but I highly doubt that a bend change like that would have any impact the MAF reading. Without changing the cross-sectional area (shape and size both) within ~2-3 inches on either side of the MAF itself there really shouldn't be any impact in the ability for it to accurately measure air coming in. Would still like to see data either way on it though, so if no one beats me to it I'll happily post logs once I get around to installing mine this spring/summer.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #17
DesignGray
Wanna-be motor head.

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
My tuner told me that I would not get the most out of the intake without a tune. Sounds like ya need to tell the computer to make those adjustments.
I would like to ask anyone who has this LT2 Intake Manifold on a convertible - do you just remove the strut tower bar, or should install something else?
Thanks.
DesignGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:43 PM   #18
Vader1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignGray View Post
My tuner told me that I would not get the most out of the intake without a tune. Sounds like ya need to tell the computer to make those adjustments.
I would like to ask anyone who has this LT2 Intake Manifold on a convertible - do you just remove the strut tower bar, or should install something else?
Thanks.
Right, you might be passing on a few HP without a tune. But is a few HP worth the $ for the tune and losing warranty? For some, yes. But for myself and OP tune is a no go in case a valve decides to get frisky.

Also following to see what results are. I'm looking at the GM CAI + MAF calibration, 95mm TB, and LT2 *maybe* to pick up a few hp and driveability without tuning.
Vader1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:41 PM   #19
Timbo-1LE

Ok guess folks would rather guess
Old 02-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #20
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
I have the LT2 intake manifold on, and have tracked the car multiple times since.

I did a little adjustment to the tune, but really it didn't require any adjustments up top. My AFR guage is exactly the same as it was before the install. I actually had to make far more adjustments down low, mid rpm level.

The adjustments were small, within a range I'm more than comfortable the computer can adjust itself just fine, few percent.

Car is cam/heads, and it pulls like crazy up top, the LT2 helps, feels like a noticeable improvement.

Obviously it's something you have to be comfortable with, but I wouldn't hesitate to run it without a tune.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:02 AM   #21
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo-1LE View Post
Ok guess folks would rather guess
I'm surprised no one bit on this. I would, but I don't have a HPT template for you.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:25 PM   #22
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
How has nobody taken this offer up?
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:34 PM   #23
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloCal View Post
Wondering if anyone has run lt2 manifold on a bone stock car on track without a tune?

I know some people do it but road course duty necessitates a lot more time in upper rpm range where I’ve heard it may run lean?

Love this car my biggest gripe is the lack of top end power on track. Would be perfect if I can fix it with this and keep warranty
No help OP on your question, but to highlight Mountains post this is the cross-section. I’m sure most of us have seen this picture.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:58 AM   #24
Timbo-1LE

Nope. No takers so I have an order into Pray to dial it in.