Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-26-2021, 07:33 AM   #85
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ademarco View Post
I saw a used ZL1 1LE at a local Toyota dealer and they brought up the no haggle price and they weren’t negotiating. I bought a new SS 1LE and then about 2 weeks later they asked if I was still interested in the car with a $2k price drop. I would have bought it if they negotiated, but their loss and I am sure someone will pick it up since it is a 1LE.
Toyota has instituted a policy in the last five years or so where they decide what the bottom-line negotiated price is for a new Toyota and that's it. They show you sticker, then when you ask about negotiating, they pull out the second price and they're done. I was in a dealer a short while back to try and negotiate a price on a demo Highlander. I started with a reasonable final price and subtracted $.25/mile from what was on the odometer. They laughed. I briefly explained that they would to the exact same to me if I were turning in a lease that was over on mileage, so I felt it was reasonable. I asked what their counter offer was and they went back to their fixed price. I stood up and walked out. The sales person sat there with their jaw open watching me leave and couldn't believe it when they called two days later and I told them that I went next door and negotiated a deal on a Subaru (exactly as I had told them I was going to do).

It absolutely amazes me how far turned up some dealers have their noses.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:08 AM   #86
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Toyota has instituted a policy in the last five years or so where they decide what the bottom-line negotiated price is for a new Toyota and that's it. They show you sticker, then when you ask about negotiating, they pull out the second price and they're done. I was in a dealer a short while back to try and negotiate a price on a demo Highlander. I started with a reasonable final price and subtracted $.25/mile from what was on the odometer. They laughed. I briefly explained that they would to the exact same to me if I were turning in a lease that was over on mileage, so I felt it was reasonable. I asked what their counter offer was and they went back to their fixed price. I stood up and walked out. The sales person sat there with their jaw open watching me leave and couldn't believe it when they called two days later and I told them that I went next door and negotiated a deal on a Subaru (exactly as I had told them I was going to do).

It absolutely amazes me how far turned up some dealers have their noses.

I know, it’s fascinating. When I was trying to order the Z locally, I spoke with 3 dealer sales managers (in person). I was told that there was very little $ built into the car. Two of them said I’d have to pay sticker and the other one offered a token $500 off and a terrible trade for my car. The $500 guy had the balls to tell me that there was no way I’d get a better offer than that, since they were the largest Camaro seller in Mass. I laughed at each and every one of them and walked out. Within 24 hrs, I ordered out of state via email and a few phone calls. I didn’t negotiate, the price was fair, all rebates went to ME and my car was hauled from my driveway to them. They made a good profit on my car and I was fine with that.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:13 AM   #87
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I know, it’s fascinating. When I was trying to order the Z locally, I spoke with 3 dealer sales managers (in person). I was told that there was very little $ built into the car. Two of them said I’d have to pay sticker and the other one offered a token $500 off and a terrible trade for my car. The $500 guy had the balls to tell me that there was no way I’d get a better offer than that, since they were the largest Camaro seller in Mass. I laughed at each and every one of them and walked out. Within 24 hrs, I ordered out of state via email and a few phone calls. I didn’t negotiate, the price was fair, all rebates went to ME and my car was hauled from my driveway to them. They made a good profit on my car and I was fine with that.
Yeah, I agree that they're feeding you a total line of garbage about there being so little profit built into the MSRP. When I bought mine a year ago, most dealers had $3500 baked into the price from "their own pocket" with high volume dealers (that generate a lot more backend cash from meeting numbers) having even more accounted for in the deal. That was exclusive of any GM rebates available, too... it was all based on what the dealer was contributing.

Local dealers near me were offering those kinds of breaks but just didn't have the car I wanted. I ultimately paid a higher overall price, but the car optioned "almost" the way I wanted.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:21 PM   #88
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I bought my 2017 ZL1 when I was living in central NY. My local dealer put an order in for a 2018 at invoice, but couldn't tell me if they had an allocation. After a couple of weeks I found the one I bought at Balise in Springfield, MA. A 2017 equipped exactly like I ordered. This was at a time when you couldn't find a ZL1 in the northeast. They sold to me at invoice plus I had $3k off private offer from GM, so got it for $59k. So 4 hour road trip. I traded a 2013 ZL1 vert and both places only offered $32k trade, which was half of sticker 3.5 years and 19k miles later. Bottom line is, you can never be really sure if you got a good deal or not, but if the dealer sells it, you know they got a good deal.

Name:  ZL1 trade in.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  122.8 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:47 PM   #89
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I bought my 2017 ZL1 when I was living in central NY. My local dealer put an order in for a 2018 at invoice, but couldn't tell me if they had an allocation. After a couple of weeks I found the one I bought at Balise in Springfield, MA. A 2017 equipped exactly like I ordered. This was at a time when you couldn't find a ZL1 in the northeast. They sold to me at invoice plus I had $3k off private offer from GM, so got it for $59k. So 4 hour road trip. I traded a 2013 ZL1 vert and both places only offered $32k trade, which was half of sticker 3.5 years and 19k miles later. Bottom line is, you can never be really sure if you got a good deal or not, but if the dealer sells it, you know they got a good deal.

Attachment 1056963
OMG!

That meme is hilarious.

No offense to our Gen 5 brethren but,
Attached Images

gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:10 PM   #90
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
hee hee
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:29 PM   #91
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I had 2 really good deals this year. First I bought a brand new 2019 Silverado in May- when everyone was so hunkered down due to Covid. People would barely leave their house. I went to the local Chevy dealer to look at trucks. Car dealers were open as they were considered "essential". There were no other customers at the dealership that day, I was the only one. They had a few Colorados and this 2019 Silverado Double Cab, 4 X 4. I went for the the Silverado and nabbed it for only 28K. Unheard of now to get a truck like that for so little money.

Second I traded my 2016 Camaro V6 manual for a 2006 C6 Corvette Convertible with only 28K miles on it 2 weeks ago. I made a profit on the Camaro after owning it almost 2 years. And I got the C6 really cheap.

I think I'm done for a while.
I just got a great deal on a 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid (EV). $11K off MSRP and then another $8K in federal and state tax incentives. Just waiting for the level 2 charger to get installed, but we expect to only need gas about every 1000-1500 miles based on our driving habits (lots of short mileage city driving).

They also gave me $2K over KBB value on a pretty beat up Honda Odyssey that had a service engine light, needed new tires, and needed new brakes and body work.

It’s a nice compliment to my SS1LE and Wrangler...
Attached Images

Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:40 PM   #92
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I had 2 really good deals this year. First I bought a brand new 2019 Silverado in May- when everyone was so hunkered down due to Covid. People would barely leave their house. I went to the local Chevy dealer to look at trucks. Car dealers were open as they were considered "essential". There were no other customers at the dealership that day, I was the only one. They had a few Colorados and this 2019 Silverado Double Cab, 4 X 4. I went for the the Silverado and nabbed it for only 28K. Unheard of now to get a truck like that for so little money.

Second I traded my 2016 Camaro V6 manual for a 2006 C6 Corvette Convertible with only 28K miles on it 2 weeks ago. I made a profit on the Camaro after owning it almost 2 years. And I got the C6 really cheap.

I think I'm done for a while.

When the lockdown first started that must have been brutal for car dealers. They have their usual inventory and then BAM sales down like 70 percent. When I bought my car in Sept the sales guy said it was very slow in the spring and they laid off some too because it was so slow. In sept it was picking back up he said.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:49 AM   #93
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
[QUOTE=ember1205;10943183]Convertible season in Florida is no different than most other places. You get a few months out of the year where the top can be down pretty much every day. But, rain is frequent, and no one wants the top down when the temps are over 90 with humidity at the same level. I frequently travel to FL for work (when I travel) and am 'upgraded' to a convertible rental a large portion of the time because no one wants them (it's simply too hot for most of the summer in South FL).

This is definitely true. When I first moved to South Florida 12 years ago I went out and bought a new Miata. Convertible and RWD- I would have never even thought about in New England where I lived my previous entire life. At first the top was down so much- it was a new thing. Then my face started to burn really bad. (I was not used to applying sun block that much being from the north). Top down lasted about 6 months- after getting burned too much and leaving the top down while I went in a store for a few minutes in rainy season and the interior almost got completely drenched. Torrential rain storms come up really fast out of no where.

Now with my convertibles the top is down on the really nice days only- winter afternoons when it warms up in the 80's. And in the summer mornings and evenings only when the sun is not so scorching. I do drive with the windows down and top up a LOT though. Top up just for shade.

Fl is nice and I love it although while up north you have to deal with the cold and have the road salt to destroy your cars. Here it's the brutal hot sun to burn the paint off your car and heavy summer rains. Always looking for shade when I park- and I have a storage unit for the third vehicle- just to keep it out of the sun when parked. There's no perfect place......
Old 01-27-2021, 07:05 AM   #94
ember1205
Hot Camaro

[QUOTE=JT58;10944555]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Convertible season in Florida is no different than most other places. You get a few months out of the year where the top can be down pretty much every day. But, rain is frequent, and no one wants the top down when the temps are over 90 with humidity at the same level. I frequently travel to FL for work (when I travel) and am 'upgraded' to a convertible rental a large portion of the time because no one wants them (it's simply too hot for most of the summer in South FL).

This is definitely true. When I first moved to South Florida 12 years ago I went out and bought a new Miata. Convertible and RWD- I would have never even thought about in New England where I lived my previous entire life. At first the top was down so much- it was a new thing. Then my face started to burn really bad. (I was not used to applying sun block that much being from the north). Top down lasted about 6 months- after getting burned too much and leaving the top down while I went in a store for a few minutes in rainy season and the interior almost got completely drenched. Torrential rain storms come up really fast out of no where.

Now with my convertibles the top is down on the really nice days only- winter afternoons when it warms up in the 80's. And in the summer mornings and evenings only when the sun is not so scorching. I do drive with the windows down and top up a LOT though. Top up just for shade.

Fl is nice and I love it although while up north you have to deal with the cold and have the road salt to destroy your cars. Here it's the brutal hot sun to burn the paint off your car and heavy summer rains. Always looking for shade when I park- and I have a storage unit for the third vehicle- just to keep it out of the sun when parked. There's no perfect place......

General rule of thumb...

Put a map of the US on the wall, step back 10 feet, close your eyes, throw a dart. Wherever the dart lands, there's three months out of the year that you don't want to go outside.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:34 AM   #95
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post

Attachment 1056963
ROTFLMAO

SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote