Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #57
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
Really man? Look the Z28 is a hell of a performer, but you're going to throw sales numbers out there? How many Z/28's did GM even sell?

Am i the only one that noticed Randy's lines were a little sloppy in the R? Seemed to me he could have gotten a little more out of it. Oh well.
You are the biggest bitch of a fanboy in this forum. Yes the GT 350 rocks as no one here has denied, and here you are questioning the driving of one of the premier race car drivers because it barely beat an outgoing Camaro. Stock up on your tissue boxes for when the 6gen z** comes out.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:33 PM   #58
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Khell posts one thing on here, then goes and shit talks on Mustang forum. Jk.

I own a damn Mustang. Every car guy I know thinks the Mustang crowd are the biggest excuse makers while continuously bashing the competition for anything they possibly can think of.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:44 PM   #59
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
In your infinite wisdom, where did I make a excuse?
I am not claiming to have any wisdom here. But your "considering the extra weight, less power, etc." and that ridiculous comment about how low the GT350R production is somehow diminishing to it.....
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #60
TheSpectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I see no excuses. I see opinions on the track performance numbers. Want to see excuses? Go over to a Mustang forum and look at threads based on reviews where the SS is picked over the GT.

Most people on here are saying good things about the 350 and rightly so. It's a pretty sweet car.
I wasn't talking about most people on here. And the one I was talking to was excuse making very similar to what I see on M6G. I just want us to be better than that.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #61
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Good win for the Ford, can't wait to see the 6th gen Z car hopefully next year.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #62
Brad.

Drives: Tesla Model S P85+ . Big Turbo Eco
Quote:
Right... Whatever makes you feel good. I haven't seen a bunch of or any I should say vulgarity or memes making fun of Mustang.
Moderators strike swiftly.
Brad. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:40 AM   #63
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectre View Post
I am not claiming to have any wisdom here. But your "considering the extra weight, less power, etc." and that ridiculous comment about how low the GT350R production is somehow diminishing to it.....
It wasn't a excuse, but fact. Is not the Z28 160lbs heavier? Has 21 less hp? The R will only make 500 cars a year?
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #64
13vertss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
So I recall reading that Ford said the GT350R was roughly 2 seconds faster than the Z/28 around Grattan, while the GT350 with the track pack was about a second slower and roughly par with a Z51 C7...

Given driver error, different track
and such...it seems that this confirms those statements. Am I reading that wrong?
It was more the other way around. The Z lost to the R by 1.16 sec and it beat the 350tp by 1.79 sec.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:04 AM   #65
TheSpectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
It wasn't a excuse, but fact. Is not the Z28 160lbs heavier? Has 21 less hp? The R will only make 500 cars a year?
A win is a win. Or in this case, a loss is a loss if you root for the Camaro.

No excuses.

And what does 500 cars/yr have to do with anything?
Old 11-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #66
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:

No excuses.

Yes. The R won. And that was expected. What I think the guys here are trying to say is that we were expecting it to be worse. 1.2 seconds around a 3 mile track isn't the ass beating that the Ford guys were saying it was going to be. You also have to think, the S550 is a new platform and the Voodoo is a new engine. The Zeta is old and the LS7 is old. Chevy has one hell of the performer when you consider the age of all the components. Now, none of that takes away from what an amazing car the R is. In my opinion it's one of the 5 greatest cars ever made out of an American Manufacturer. Just absolute perfection for what it is.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #67
13vertss

Quote:

No excuses.

It was a good win and expected. If it didn't win it would of been a epic fail. But for the Z to be that close on 2.68 mile track just shows how good the Z28 really is. As far as the 500 being made just shows very very few will enjoy saying there car beat the Z, yet you know all gt350 guys will say there car beat it. There already doing it, even tho the Z kicked the 350tp by almost 2 sec. Yes it was a win, but I'm sure many feel the win should of been bigger then it was.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #68
13vertss

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
Yes. The R won. And that was expected. What I think the guys here are trying to say is that we were expecting it to be worse. 1.2 seconds around a 3 mile track isn't the ass beating that the Ford guys were saying it was going to be. You also have to think, the S550 is a new platform and the Voodoo is a new engine. The Zeta is old and the LS7 is old. Chevy has one hell of the performer when you consider the age of all the components. Now, none of that takes away from what an amazing car the R is. In my opinion it's one of the 5 greatest cars ever made out of an American Manufacturer. Just absolute perfection for what it is.
You beat me.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:51 AM   #69
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
You are the biggest bitch of a fanboy in this forum. Yes the GT 350 rocks as no one here has denied, and here you are questioning the driving of one of the premier race car drivers because it barely beat an outgoing Camaro. Stock up on your tissue boxes for when the 6gen z** comes out.
Hey its the same on both sides. When the 6th gen camaro beat the 6th gen mustang and people started denying it on MSG how many camaro fans went over there to quickly dismiss those. So how am i being a bitch? I simply did what they did by coming over here and simply asking one member why the excuses about sales numbers?
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:55 AM   #70
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Khell posts one thing on here, then goes and shit talks on Mustang forum. Jk.

I own a damn Mustang. Every car guy I know thinks the Mustang crowd are the biggest excuse makers while continuously bashing the competition for anything they possibly can think of.
That's a two way street for any car and its rivals.

Thank you though.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote