Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 02-10-2021, 02:04 PM   #1
1LEASYE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Keyless Remote Detection/Vehicle Will Not Shut Off

Without knowing it, my keys fell out of my pocket at home with my car already running beforehand and I left my house and went 25-30 miles to one of my client's sites and went to turn the car off and the motor shut off but not the electricals and I got a no remote detected warning on the dash and then went to reach for my keys and realized they weren't there until I sped back home and found them beside my driveway.

I know I have never been able to start the car unless I was actually sitting in the driver's seat (I have to move my seat back and forth for one of my dogs to get in the back and sometimes if I forgot to start the car before I put him in there so I have to do a pistol squat style start with my foot on the clutch while hanging off the door while im trying to get my other small dog situated) and that has never worked.

I'm actually shocked I was able to drive that far without the remote and the car (thankfully) did not allow me to shut it all the way off. Does GM not have any warning system on any of their vehicles that will warn you, as the vehicle is running, that you are out of range of your keyless remote? I believe I have come across horror stories like mine on here before but sadly for the others, their cars fully shutdown and were not able to restart so if that is the case, has there been some kind of on-the-air software update I am not aware of to prevent that?
Old 02-12-2021, 07:44 AM   #2
Dorwd71

Drives: 2016 2SS
While I have not had an issue with my Camaro, I do know that if I start my 2019 Traverse with the key and then leave the vehicle, it will turn off after like twenty minutes. I found this out when I was jumping someones battery and was outside the vehicle, and the Traverse just turned off. So they have a safety feature on some GM cars, but guess not all. It could be this features started with 2019 models as well.
Dorwd71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #3
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
FWIW: I put my key fob in the cup holder.

It's great that you could restart. I guess GM thought it out.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:49 PM   #4
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
If you start it with the key and drive without it the car will turn off if you press the start button twice, one press to kill it without the key give you a brief prompt. I have tried it as I have done the same thing, wives yukon is the same way. I started mine and forgot my backpack and in the process I decided I needed a bigger jacket, keys were in the original.
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote