Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #1
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Partial Tarp

Anyone have a top cover? I see them advertised for a lot of cars but not for Camaro.
Just a cover from the wiper blades to the trunk and far enough down the doors for some magnetic flap to keep it from blowing off.
Not with the top down but with it up. To preserve the top... keep leaks from happening and keep the sun from baking the interior through the glass...
MR's 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:46 PM   #2
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
that's what a garage is for!!

Anyway - I do keep one car outside under a big canopy / carport and covered with a carcover - which is almost as good as the garage. Probably better off just going full car cover vs. just covering the top if you keep the car outside.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:39 PM   #3
MR's 2SS

Yes I have a cover. But I was looking at these sort of cab covers online. They had them for a bunch of cars but not Camaro.
The vert is about to become a daily driver in 2 months.
I was just thinking while its out in the parking lot a small easily moved cap over the top would keep the top and the interior in better shape longer.
Ha.. garage.... Motorcycles... weight lifting equipment... stacked supplies....
What I need is a Morton building...
We just have to live out the next 2 to 3 years in Jersey... then Ill have more garage space...
Old 01-28-2021, 07:20 PM   #4
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
We just have to live out the next 2 to 3 years in Jersey...
I'm thinking the same thing. There are a lot of things I like about NJ, but between the traffic, high house prices, ridiculous taxes, and cold winters, I'm hoping we can move someplace warmer/less congested/more affordable in about 4 years. Any idea where you might end up?
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:17 PM   #5
MR's 2SS

My wife is into Florida. We both have hundreds of family and friends there. But as much as I love Florida I always saw it more as a vacation spot than a place to live. We have a family house on the jersey Shore. Weve been there since the fifties. But Sandy changed my opinion of living along the coast.
Im into Tennessee right now. I spent a lot of my life in the trucking business and running into the south. I like the Carolinas and Tenn. Along The Smokies. Down around Chatanooga.
Wherever we end up there will be mild winters and lower population density.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:30 PM   #6
MR's 2SS

17... are you daily driving your vert?
Right now ours is under a cover. My wifes lease on the QX 50 is up in April and then it becomes a daily driver. I got a second set of wheels and Vredestien snows on it. She drives fewer than 10 miles to work on nice roads. And shes been able to work from home alternating weeks through this china flu. So I see no reason if theres actual snow that she cant stay home. I drove Camaros and GTO and Vettes in the snow back in the 70s. I dont remember putting snow tires on any of those. I had 13" stock tires with snows on my RX7 and 15" BFG Comp Ta's for the summer and drove that all year. But after that it was all 4x4 trucks. My wife has had a few "sporty" front drivers that she drove in the snow. We had all season tires but never snows. She does fine.
But shes scared in the snow. Ill have to work with her on starting off in 2nd gear. Ill put some weight in the trunk. I know it has to be better in the snow than my 70 Corvette. I just dont know how she will react to sliding sideways at times. Shes is so smooth rowing through the gears I am totally impressed. Shes had lots of manual trans cars over the years.
But I can see where taking care of this car is going to drive me nuts. It doesnt yet have 500 miles on it and Ive swapped wheels... washed it twice and put Turtlewax Ceramic nano tech whatever once and then went over it with McGuire's waterless wash and wax before putting the cover on.
Sure do love driving it though.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:17 PM   #7
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
MR's 2SS... I'm fortunate enough to not have to daily drive it. Until recently I had a 22 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee that was becoming a money pit, but I just inherited my Dad's garage kept, cream puff, low mileage 2006 Ford Expedition. The Camaro only comes out of the garage when the roads are dry. It's really amazing how clean a car can be kept if the only water it sees is when it's being washed. After over three years there's not one spec of rust or grime underneath, and the engine bay looks showroom new!
Back in my 20's I daily drove a 1984 V8 Camaro Sport Coupe, my first new car, and you just reminded me of all the white knuckle commutes I made in the snow. That car was the worst! I used to pray that the cars in front of me wouldn't stop if we were going up hill... But maybe it forced me to become a more competent snow driver. I'm still super cautious driving in snow, even with 4 wheel drive.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:56 PM   #8
MR's 2SS

I dont mind driving in any kind of weather or conditions. Its the traffic and behavior of the drivers that I can barely tolerate any more. Fortunately after a lifetime in trucking culminating in 12 years of heavy oversize specialized hauling... I was able to get out of the seat 13 years ago and now my driving consists of a 14 mile each way commute thats mostly on well maintained Hunterdon Cnty roads and going the opposite direction of the commuters.
My white knuckle days in the snow were in the truck in the mountains in the 70s. We raced everything we ever drove then too. Starting with bicycles through motorcycles cars and even the trucks. A good friend and I drove across Conn. on Rt 2 in a snow storm with empty tractor trailers in the snow at 4am... and got "competitive" for a while. Actually sliding the tractors sideways at times around bends in the road at 70... Luckily I survived all that and now Im mostly a calm older guy just minding my own.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:47 PM   #9
MR's 2SS

Today its very windy. My cover blew off. If I didnt have a rope underneath in the center it would have been hanging in a tree or something. I got a cheap lined cover because all the quality manufacturers were 6 to 8 weeks out and I didnt want to just leave it sit in the snow and ice until March.
Theres a lot of reasons I actually enjoy having a POS for a car... no worries.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:23 PM   #10
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
https://www.corvettestoreonline.com/...over-2005-2020
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:22 PM   #11
MR's 2SS

Thats exactly it. Now I just need to find someone who will do it for Camaro. I imagine it really needs to be very specific for your vehicle.
Thanks though... Ill contact them.