Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-24-2020, 08:17 PM   #141
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Where GM made a huge blunder was not offering real performance parts like Ford’s SVO program. SVO offers supercharger kits, suspension upgrades, exhaust and other parts that can be installed on the Mustang that don’t void the car warranty. Chevy Performance could offer a LT4 supercharger kit to bolt on to the LT1s with a tune/calibration that wouldn’t void the drivetrain warranty and some other parts. Most of all the parts offered by Chevy are for off-road usage except for a few parts like shifters, splitters/body parts and wheels. They have though offered more it seems than the parts for the 5th gens.
Actually when I bought my SS the dealer went through a list of add-ons. A super charger was like $7,999, exhaust was $999, CAI $700, etc.

I looked at the wife with a sly grin... her expression was plain to read. 2yrs later we spent even more... I said, “Ya know hun, I could have put that super charger on back when we bought it.” The look was much the same, but a bit more intense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
All good—wasn’t calling anyone out.
I get ya.

It doesn’t need to be a bash fest at all. I just wanted to make it quite clear to everyone that I don’t have blind bias. I look at the product, touch it, feel it, maybe give it a little tongue, see if it’s my kinda night out on the town, if ya know what I mean.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:34 PM   #142
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
So guys. Looks like the camaro wins for me. I really love the look of the 1LE and seeing as now I can get it with an auto, I’m sold. It’s going to be a pure fun car. No daily duty. I would have hands down for the mustang if I had to daily it but this won’t be for that. I’m in FL and it will be a year round fun car to scream around with and hit the drag strip with occasionally.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:32 PM   #143
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
So guys. Looks like the camaro wins for me. I really love the look of the 1LE and seeing as now I can get it with an auto, I’m sold. It’s going to be a pure fun car. No daily duty. I would have hands down for the mustang if I had to daily it but this won’t be for that. I’m in FL and it will be a year round fun car to scream around with and hit the drag strip with occasionally.
You’re going to love it!!
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:42 PM   #144
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Nice! You going to road course it all all? If so I highly recommend getting one with the PDR.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:32 PM   #145
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
I have a 2020 SS 1LE and my dad has a 2020 GT PP1 loaded and with the A10. I don't know what it is, but when I drive it, it feels like a much older car.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:00 AM   #146
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Ok so craziness. I called my insurance provider to check out what it would be. I grabbed a VIN from a random 2021 1LE from Cars.com and called.

Just adding it to my policy with full coverage and low deductibles, its an extra $98 a month. Not bad. But I was going to trade in my useless 2013 Nissan Rogue since I dont use it and dont need it. And with that car being replaced on that same policy with the same coverages, THE PREMIUM GOES DOWN $12 a month...WHAT?? So this new 2021 1LE is going to be cheaper to insure than my shitbox 2013 nissan rogue?? I'll take it. I was assuming it was going to be like $200 MORE a month with the camaro replacing the rogue. Wow. Im super sold here guys.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:54 AM   #147
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Ok so craziness. I called my insurance provider to check out what it would be. I grabbed a VIN from a random 2021 1LE from Cars.com and called.

Just adding it to my policy with full coverage and low deductibles, its an extra $98 a month. Not bad. But I was going to trade in my useless 2013 Nissan Rogue since I dont use it and dont need it. And with that car being replaced on that same policy with the same coverages, THE PREMIUM GOES DOWN $12 a month...WHAT?? So this new 2021 1LE is going to be cheaper to insure than my shitbox 2013 nissan rogue?? I'll take it. I was assuming it was going to be like $200 MORE a month with the camaro replacing the rogue. Wow. Im super sold here guys.

Yea, my 2016 2SS was cheaper than my 2012 Mustang GT! I'm in Southwest Fl and we have higher insurance rates in FL so I have to wonder how much it would be if I lived in St. Louis still since insurance was cheaper up there.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 05:49 AM   #148
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
I have a 2014 Chrysler 200 that’s my daughters on my insurance & it’s more than my SS 1LE was too. Hell I think my ZLE is cheaper lol

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:08 AM   #149
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
That’s not how it works. They can claim proprietary information on their coding & sue anyone who releases it. This is going back to the 80’s era. That’s what led to the big 3 & other manufacturers supplying code at a pay to play basis. That’s why you have to buy credits from companies like HP Tuners. Money from those credits get paid back to GM, or a portion there of, so their source code gets paid for.

HPT has already stated they aren’t going to even try to crack it. Why should they & open themselves up to liability lawsuits for copyright infringement?
I know nothing on the tuning end of things. I just always paid my tuner to tune my C6's and never asked questions.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:22 AM   #150
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
So if you shopped the Mustang GT vs your Camaro, why did you take the camaro in the end. As I said on the thread at the mustang6G site, please no flame wars. Dont go over there and start trolling or starting anything.
Because:

Six-Hundred Fifty Horsepower convertible!!!

I was cross shopping against a 427 Cobra replica (Superformance). The driving experience of a ridiculously overpowered, underweight, side-piped roadster is tough to beat. Also easy to kill yourself. It's ZL1 money for a true fair weather car with zero tech and creature comforts and high ongoing maintenance. But you don't buy a cobra because they are a cushy drive or easy to keep.

I was also keeping an iron in the fire for an upscale mustang convertible. Regular 5.0's just don't have the torque. I was hoping Ford would release a 350GT convertible in 2017 or even 2018 or even a 500 vert, but to this day no dice.

Then in early 2017 I saw forum user ZLWON's first youtube video of his '17 red hot A10 coupe and said to myself: "Hmmmm, I wonder if they make this in a convertible."

Took a test drive of a 2SS vert down at the local Chevy dealer and was truly impressed with the handling and features, but a bit underwhelmed by the power. Then a ZL1 vert popped up at another dealer and they permitted test drives. Took the wife and then 9yr old son with me. After the wife got behind the wheel and gave it some beans, she giggled and yelled "this car is awesome!"

And here we are.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 07:02 AM   #151
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
One thing I have noticed over there is a lot less fan boy crap than I was expecting. Lots of Mustang buyers shopped a Camaro, but could find one at the price they wanted, Ford gave better deals, etc. Complaints about visibility aside (we all know that means nothing 20 minutes after leaving the dealership), and looks are always subjective, it seems the Mustang owners mostly respect the Camaro handling, especially 1LE, ZL1 and ZLE. Nice to see.
Old 12-25-2020, 07:21 AM   #152
Dave777

Drives: 1985 Z28
5.0 engine tick is what prevented me from buying a Mustang.

I was considering a GT with PP1 with 301A package.
Dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 07:44 AM   #153
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:

It seems all the SUVs and trucks are more expensive to insure than cars now. I know my insurance went down about $30.00 a month when I bought the used 2017 ZL1 last year as compared to what I was paying for the 2016 2SS that I bought new. I couldn’t believe that a used ZL1 would cost less to insure than a used SS.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:05 AM   #154
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
If you haven’t, start researching options. Get what you want, or as close to it as possible, the first time. Things like PDR, Bose, etc.

With a car like that, you just have to try a road coarse day. Sebring, as an example, has track days & there are guys on here that go regularly. Hook up with them & try it out. It’s an iconic & challenging course. You will be amazed at how much fun that A10 is going to be around the course.

You have a few member here in your area.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 12-25-2020 at 08:27 AM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote