Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #43
DexnBlair

Drives: '16 Camaro RS 2.0T A8
Anyone have pros vs cons with Trifecta and Vermont? I was looking at the Vermont Tuning E85 flex fuel kit and thought about looking at their tune.
DexnBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:29 PM   #44
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Vermont were the first ones to figure out how to tune for the e85 kit. They are a very safe bet and one of three tuners I would recommend.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:14 PM   #45
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
LOL. yeah other people read these too. Your very gracious. The tune files aren't all that big. If you can email a few megs it will be fine. It's not 'that' intense. I would really like to see a review on Vermont though. Remote is related to at your own pace. They will get the same logs as in house. But you know, you may end up speeding somewhere. Just sayin.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:22 PM   #46
i4heavychevy

Drives: 2019 2.0 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TA - The Beast View Post
i4heavychevy, did you notice the same thing I described with it not downshifting as often and it producing acceleration via boost alone?

Maybe I need my buddy to reload his tune if things are not as I described...
hey sorry for no response, life happens lol. so i drive in sport mode mostly. but recently started driving in touring mode sometimes to check out what the tune did to the other modes. so in specifications listed online it is said to improve vehicle drive modes. improve shift times in adverse shift patterns, improved shift logic, full integration with factor predictive shifting algorithm in sport mode. now from my experiments with the touring and sport modes, i see what you are saying as it doesn't downshift as often in touring mode. but with sport mode it does as its needed and shifts down to the appropriate gear. the performance shift mode kick in a whole lot easier in sport mode then it does in touring mode. shifting is much smoother in touring mode, and more aggressive in sport mode. im sure someone that has 68 years in automotive tech experience will chime in and tell me im wrong but thats how these forums work.
i4heavychevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:54 PM   #47
wookwook

+1. for the M6 all the modes do is alter the steering resistance. And Ice mode is less responsive torque as you would expect.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 10-25-2020, 08:07 AM   #48
i4heavychevy

yeah i imagine with the m6 you get mostly just engine adjustment. i have a A8 so the way things shift are different now. unless I use the manual mode it affected the way it shifted in touring and sport modes. I hope I dont have to use snow/ice mode. sometimes i wish i had a M6 but with all the traffic in encounter I am glad to have a automatic.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:12 AM   #49
DexnBlair

Is anyone using a throttle body spacer with the larger throttle body?
Old 10-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #50
i4heavychevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexnBlair View Post
Is anyone using a throttle body spacer with the larger throttle body?
im not running it but i would be interested in hearing some feedback on it too. only reason i can see running the zzp throttle body spacer is to hook up nitrous fittings.. I noticed from research online that the larger throttle body is said to increase throttle response. as for how much it really makes a difference? im not sure.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #51
i4heavychevy

if anyone is looking for Alcantara interior from a zl1 let me know. i have for sale a passenger side dash piece, the knee bolsters for the center console and the driver side/passenger side knee bolsters. also have a automatic shift boot and automatic shift knob with no top cap. just send me a PM and we can work something out.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:07 PM   #52
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4heavychevy View Post
im not running it but i would be interested in hearing some feedback on it too. only reason i can see running the zzp throttle body spacer is to hook up nitrous fittings.. I noticed from research online that the larger throttle body is said to increase throttle response. as for how much it really makes a difference? im not sure.
Spacer is for Sensor/Meth/Nitrous lines only doesn't add anything. You will not get better throttle response with a larger throttle body that statement is pure BS if anyone told you that. It's the fairy dust factor people are feeling you put new mods on you stomp on it oh wow that feels more responsive when data shows no actual response increase in the throttle.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:51 AM   #53
wookwook

Evil Bee, never afraid to call it like it is. Hey, who's doing the fast list now? new timeslips in there.

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 10-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #54
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
Evil Bee, never afraid to call it like it is. Hey, who's doing the fast list now? new timeslips in there.
I'll update it later this week i don't check back here often and the FB page has a larger list anyway. I'm still lurking around looking at a 5th Gen SS possibly in the next year.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:03 PM   #55
wookwook

Nice. Me too! Ls or L99? Or a full on bracket car. Seen few I would jump on. Don't tell them I need a little gratification. Or I could just do a nitrous kit. Or just go for broke (engine) and have a sbc ready to go. That might be the ticket there.

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 10-26-2020, 07:20 PM   #56
DexnBlair

Anyone know anything about RPM's Flex Fuel Conversion? It is on sale right now for $199

Also, messaged Coopers Camaro. Really liked him, knowledgeable dude. However, his flat fee is $500.00 and I have to purchase the HP tuner, which is $300, and then two credits which is $100. So that is $900. Where National Speed was going to charge $1000 for a Dyno Tune w/ the HP tuner included. Not as big a gap as I thought it was going to be but Cooper does offer unlimited revisions. Trifecta is showing $688 for their tune. So that is making the decision tougher.

Last edited by DexnBlair; 10-26-2020 at 08:08 PM.