Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Phastek Performance

Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
Rjliptak19

Drives: Car less currently
Out of state purchases

I'm still on the hunt for the 1LE and continue to find the best deals with individuals who are unfortunately 1k miles or more away. Has anyone here had experience working with a 3rd party escrow company or know of a safe way to securely handle the purchase, paperwork, title, loading for transportation of a vehicle?

I found this company, Escrow.com, but they require the funds to be wired to them. Not a big deal but I already have financing pre-approved through USAA and they won't do a wire, only send a paper check.

Any help is appreciated!
Rjliptak19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
Ummpwr

Drives: Honda S2000
I'm going through a similar thing on my search for a 1LE. I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Ummpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
Rjliptak19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummpwr View Post
I'm going through a similar thing on my search for a 1LE. I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Same here. If I figure anything out I’ll post here.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
ride_002000

Drives: 2016 F150
I just bought my 2018 2SS in Florida while I'm in Michigan. I bought through a dealer so it was less painless than private party.

I flew down to look at two cars, one was a full on race car and finding out the dealer "mis-labeled" being certified, the other was my 2018 certified pre-owned and an amazing price compared to Michigan prices. Signed the deal that day, they let me drive the car home, 1200 miles, and then I overnighted them the check from my finance company. Very a great dealer to work with and everything went so smooth.
ride_002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
Rjliptak19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride_002000 View Post
I just bought my 2018 2SS in Florida while I'm in Michigan. I bought through a dealer so it was less painless than private party.

I flew down to look at two cars, one was a full on race car and finding out the dealer "mis-labeled" being certified, the other was my 2018 certified pre-owned and an amazing price compared to Michigan prices. Signed the deal that day, they let me drive the car home, 1200 miles, and then I overnighted them the check from my finance company. Very a great dealer to work with and everything went so smooth.
Working through a dealer would definitely be easier. Buying through an individual and not being able to fly in to handle the transaction has proved extremely difficult.

Barring any unforeseen obstacles or surprises, next week I should be the proud owner of NFG, a one owner 2018 1SS 1LE with 8500 miles, full front end PPF completed and PDR. $34.5K

It's not Krypton Green or HBM but it's still a very nice color.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:25 AM   #6
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
I've bought numerous cars out of State, most of which were sight unseen. I'm currently in the process of likely doing the same. When it's out of State and private party, you want to shop the seller more so than the car. That's my greatest piece of advice. I have found so many cars that I would of actually bought over the years, but after speaking with the seller a few times, it was a complete letdown.
You ask the out of State seller to do things: get on a video chat with you and go over the car, have them point out imperfections, set up times to speak about title, financing or whatever. When you see they're slow to respond, mix up easy tasks, or simply just sound untrustworthy or outright dumb, you drop and move on.
To answer the question from the OP, if you are financing a car that's also financed, it's not as complicated. You need to get both banks to speak together and work out the details.
When one person is financing and the other holds title outright, it gets complicated (only for out of State deals).
If you're paying cash, but they are financed, it's a bit easier. Out of State deals are a bit more troublesome for banks, when you're buying private party. Example: some banks won't lend for an out of State car that's privately held, others will. Last one I had, I bought the car cash (wire transfer), then refinanced the car to pull the cash out once it arrived. That is the simplest way, but of course you'd need access to cash. By the way, I won't be doing a wire transfer again. Next time it will be done through PayPal (more security for your money). It was simply too stressful.

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:05 AM   #7
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Criswell chevy in maryland is your go-to place for corvettes and camaros. Mike Furman has been selling corvettes there for 100 years it seems like, and he ships corvettes and camaros all over the country. They have the best prices, and genuinely love this business.

https://www.criswellchevrolet.com/

Or you could contact beckyd@rogers chevy here. Shes like the resident camaro sales person for the forum and also ships cars all over the country.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:29 PM   #8
PackManDan

I purchased my ZR1 Corvette sight unseen from a private party seller about 1,200 miles away from me. I believe in great communication. If I don't get it, I won't buy a car. I feel like, conversing with someone, you can get a really good idea if they are trustworthy or not.

I spent a good week, emailing, texting and talking on the phone with the seller. He sent me pictures and videos. He had a lien on the car so my company worked with his company and did all the funding. Once it was all paid for I arranged a closed transport to pick the car up and deliver it to my house.

Obviously it's a bit scary to spend a lot of money on a huge purchase like this without ever seeing the car in person, but as I said before, if you talk to the person and get a really good feeling then you should be good.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to buy a one way plane ticket to fly out there and make sure it's all good before buying. Then you can buy it and drive it home.
PackManDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:20 AM   #9
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackManDan View Post
I purchased my ZR1 Corvette sight unseen from a private party seller about 1,200 miles away from me. I believe in great communication. If I don't get it, I won't buy a car. I feel like, conversing with someone, you can get a really good idea if they are trustworthy or not.

I spent a good week, emailing, texting and talking on the phone with the seller. He sent me pictures and videos. He had a lien on the car so my company worked with his company and did all the funding. Once it was all paid for I arranged a closed transport to pick the car up and deliver it to my house.

Obviously it's a bit scary to spend a lot of money on a huge purchase like this without ever seeing the car in person, but as I said before, if you talk to the person and get a really good feeling then you should be good.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to buy a one way plane ticket to fly out there and make sure it's all good before buying. Then you can buy it and drive it home.

+1. I agree with PacMans entire comment! I would also add, if you're not the type of person that can "get a feel" or have made poor decisions regularly trusting people you shouldn't have, maybe consider someone around you to assist you when narrowing it down.
My out of State buyer just accepted a deposit on his car with a local buyer (which I completely understand and would likely of done the same in his shoes). I would of given him a deposit on Monday when my bank gave me the 100% OK to complete the transaction (my banker and I were 99% positive that they would accept the deal, but I still wasn't comfortable sending a deposit till I was 100% certain). Now that means I'm still on the hunt for a 2SS 1LE or ZL1. I had the perfect deal, along with the perfect seller lined up too...

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #10
PackManDan

One more thing to add - forums are very helpful. If you find a car out of state that you love, try reaching out to forum members and find someone in that area who can personally check the car out for you. It would give you more peace of mind knowing someone that is into the same cars as you, went and saw the car in person and reported back to you that everything looked great.

I did that before when searching for my ZR1 and it worked out. I found, what I thought was the perfect one. But it was 2,000 miles away. Contacted someone in that state, they went out to look at the car. They called me afterwards and said if it was them, they would not be purchasing it. Pictures made the car look good, but up close there were swirl marks, light scratches and some other imperfections.
PackManDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #11
Rjliptak19

Thank you, everyone, for the advice. I really do appreciate all the comments and ideas. It's been a frustrating few weeks trying to make this happen, I just need to be patient and it will work out.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #12
KeithO

Drives: 01 Z28, 1990 NASCAR Busch North Car
I just did this for a 2017 SS 1LE (off this site) on Saturday. I am in Pennsylvania and he is in Kentucky.

I flew out to the seller early Saturday morning and drove the car 400 miles back home.

Unfortunately, there is no single piece of advice that will work. Its down to the seller rules of the seller's state and the buyer's rules of the buyer's state.

In my case, I took a cashier's check for the agreed amount with the assumption that everything would work out, and it did.

The seller picked me up at the airport, he took me to his house to test drive the car, we did that, then went to the bank and had the paperwork notarized etc. The seller had a deal worked out where he would pay off his loan with my check and there was some official paperwork that we did on that end that allowed me to take the car.

After work today, I plan to register the car in my state (Pennsylvania) and get a license plate for it.

I don't anticipate any problems. Certainly working with a dealer will take a lot of the anxiety out of the situation. But if you work with a seller who understands his responsibilities, it can also work out just as well. Just make sure all parties know what they need to do on their end and it should be OK.

This is car #4 that I bought this way. You also get to meet interesting people along the way, which was the case on Saturday.
KeithO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #13
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I flew up to Detroit and drove my 17 SS vert home. My dealership too care of everything for me.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #14
Gasoline_Farts

Drives: 19 SS 1LE
I’m thinking of selling my ‘19 1LE 1SS and this post makes private sale seem much safer than I had previously thought.

It’s got 3k miles and is babied. If anyone’s interested send me a PM, I’ll likely be posting it on here in the next couple days
Gasoline_Farts is offline   Reply With Quote