#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #15
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
I've been told the best track springs designed to work with MRC are the YYZ springs. They have a 1" drop

https://zzperformance.com/collection...racing-springs

i have them they are awesome
Old 06-05-2019, 07:00 AM   #16
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Changing springs will compromise the handling, period. But if it is just a street driven car, the change will not even be noticeable. If you are only effecting a handling characteristic that shows itself at speeds you wont reach, then who cares right? Just depends on your intended use. I lowered my 5th Gen, and would lower a 6th Gen too if it was just a street car. It will still be an amazing machine on the streets, believe it.

That is the issue I track the car, street stance is not what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
I've been told the best track springs designed to work with MRC are the YYZ springs. They have a 1" drop

https://zzperformance.com/collection...racing-springs
I have heard the same, on my GTS I went with H&R. On my GS I went with LG lowering spindals. Great feedback.
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:12 AM   #17
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
That is the issue I track the car, street stance is not what I'm looking for.

I have heard the same, on my GTS I went with H&R. On my GS I went with LG lowering spindals. Great feedback.

With your first comment here, i would just stay stock. Lots of these companies are sheerly guessing and will probably make you slower/fighting the car on track. Unless you plan to go with a coil over setup that the springs and shocks were made to be used together, stay with the factory setup as it’s very good. I’m a suspension nut saying this lol.

Last edited by Move_Over; 06-06-2019 at 05:22 AM.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #18
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
With your first comment here, i would just stay stock. Lots of these companies are Sheryl guessing and will probably make you slower/fighting the car on track. Unless you plan to go with a coil over setup that the springs and shocks were made to be used together, stay with the factory setup as it’s very good. I’m a suspension nut saying this lol.
+1.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:28 AM   #19
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
With your first comment here, i would just stay stock. Lots of these companies are sheerly guessing and will probably make you slower/fighting the car on track. Unless you plan to go with a coil over setup that the springs and shocks were made to be used together, stay with the factory setup as it’s very good. I’m a suspension nut saying this lol.
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:19 AM   #20
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
I have the yyz springs on my 1LE for about a year, so, 10-12 events. It is almost 95% track duty. I'm about to remove them because they are too soft. Weight transitions on tight corners is worse than stock. Road course they are ok, but if you plan to autox and really load the suspension up, do NOT get the yyz springs. I will be installing the PX1 phastek springs. They are the closest spring rates to stock and also linear like stock. When I can go from driving my car, lowered on yyz springs and on 19" 305 square re71's to a completely stock 1le on mps4s and drop a second, something is wrong. Either the PTM or MRC does not like the progressive rate springs. Road use though, they are great.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #21
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslowss View Post
I have the yyz springs on my 1LE for about a year, so, 10-12 events. It is almost 95% track duty. I'm about to remove them because they are too soft. Weight transitions on tight corners is worse than stock. Road course they are ok, but if you plan to autox and really load the suspension up, do NOT get the yyz springs. I will be installing the PX1 phastek springs. They are the closest spring rates to stock and also linear like stock. When I can go from driving my car, lowered on yyz springs and on 19" 305 square re71's to a completely stock 1le on mps4s and drop a second, something is wrong. Either the PTM or MRC does not like the progressive rate springs. Road use though, they are great.

lol those phastek springs are junk so goodluck he is working on new shocks to go with the springs that should be an awesome setup
Old 06-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #22
Move'n Up

Drives: 17 Z06/Z07, 17 2SS Fifty, Ram 2500
I've read a lot of good things about these aFe lowering coil springs.
aFe Control Lowering Springs
Old 06-06-2019, 12:57 PM   #23
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move'n Up View Post
I've read a lot of good things about these aFe lowering coil springs.
aFe Control Lowering Springs

I had them and i was the test car for afe power and i replaced them with the yyz springs. they were too low and not optimal for track use but damn they looked good!
Old 06-06-2019, 02:02 PM   #24
Move'n Up

Drives: 17 Z06/Z07, 17 2SS Fifty, Ram 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
I had them and i was the test car for afe power and i replaced them with the yyz springs. they were too low and not optimal for track use but damn they looked good!
Good to know.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:15 PM   #25
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
The same conversation went on last year too from what i recall. So far nothing beats stock suspension on a 1le.
Based on laptimes that is. If you do cars and coffee lower it for looks. If you track it and lap times matter: leave this world beating handling package alone.
And beware "awesome" marketing "cheering sections" for a cottage industry product, as you will lose both money and pace. My 2 cents.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #26
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
The same conversation went on last year too from what i recall. So far nothing beats stock suspension on a 1le.
Based on laptimes that is. If you do cars and coffee lower it for looks. If you track it and lap times matter: leave this world beating handling package alone.
And beware "awesome" marketing "cheering sections" for a cottage industry product, as you will lose both money and pace. My 2 cents.
This really sums it up well.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #27
flaudia402

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I was on the fence about lowering my 1LE also, however decided to forgo it. The drop would probably look a little better, but honestly the factory did a pretty good job with the stock set up. My main concern was messing with the factory MRC.
flaudia402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #28
Srt-cuatro

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Eibach released 1LE specific springs earlier these year. I think they lower the front and rear by .7 inches. There are two members running them and they seem to like them. The only information I've been able to find is that they are progressive.
Srt-cuatro is offline   Reply With Quote