Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 06-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #57
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
Off topic but for some people mentioning slickness, I have been using Nanoskin Nano Shock and that stuff is slick. I have been using other stuff but this stuff beats them all.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:05 PM   #58
Ox45
Hillbilly Highness

Drives: 2001 S10, 2022 LT1 Vert
So why not just use Ultimate Fast Finish? That is so easy to apply and seems fairly strong. Not much in the way of gloss, but any spray wax can provide that afterwards.

Ox45.
Ox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:25 PM   #59
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Just noticed something odd after a wash with reset on my Honda. It is COMPLETELY gone on most of the Suntek film(not all, but the a pillar, fender, bumper, and in front of the sunroof, still some on the hood but greatly diminished), but the areas without film are still going strong.

Camaro doesn't see enough weather to know how it reacts to Xpel(and I coated my other Xpel car)
Old 06-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #60
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Is this ok to use over wax? I bought a bottle of this a few weeks ago but I'm hesitant to try it since the wax on my car still has allot of life left.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:28 PM   #61
franksredhot

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro 1SS A8
I'm going on 3 months since applying it to my two daily drivers and the beading hasn't degraded at all. I didn't make any effort to strip off any wax that I already had on it. My cars did have a polymer wax that was applied late last year. So far so good. I do think it left some streaks on my headlights. I think this is a great product for cars that are parked outside and driven daily. My Camaro is garaged and only gets used a couple of times per week so I know some will disagree, but I don't think any type of ceramic is necessary.
franksredhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #62
SnakeEyeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
I'm going on 3 months since applying it to my two daily drivers and the beading hasn't degraded at all. I didn't make any effort to strip off any wax that I already had on it. My cars did have a polymer wax that was applied late last year. So far so good. I do think it left some streaks on my headlights. I think this is a great product for cars that are parked outside and driven daily. My Camaro is garaged and only gets used a couple of times per week so I know some will disagree, but I don't think any type of ceramic is necessary.
What have the temps and driving situations been like? I have noticed the lower end durability reports are for dailys in hot and humid climates.

IME durability has taken a huge hit since winter/spring
Old 06-26-2019, 03:29 PM   #63
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
My 1:10 application is 5 weeks strong and still beading well after multiple heavy storms and sitting outside in 100++ degree weather 24/7. I haven't bothered washing it because of life.

The initial full strength application (on the same car) lasted 5 weeks before the horizontal surfaces looked flat and stopped beading. Maybe something masked the hcw.

At about that time, I did change my soap from megs pH neutral to a much higher pH soap. So it may have been traffic film build up.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:40 PM   #64
V8RWD

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondo View Post
I got some overspray from it on my matte black hood and took the dive and just sprayed ot. Looks like absolute crap...now I got to figure out how to get the crap off! Hood is a streaked mess.

Ouch.. I've always been afraid of that

Have you been able to get it off?
V8RWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:29 PM   #65
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
This shit works awesome.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:07 PM   #66
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
overspray stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondo View Post
I got some overspray from it on my matte black hood and took the dive and just sprayed ot. Looks like absolute crap...now I got to figure out how to get the crap off! Hood is a streaked mess.
Some high pH soap (Dawn, Cascade, Finish, etc.) should help. You know this now, but I'll repeat the advice others gave to me...

Always spray the rag and only the rag, then wipe the car. Never spray directly on or toward the car.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #67
franksredhot

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
What have the temps and driving situations been like? I have noticed the lower end durability reports are for dailys in hot and humid climates.

IME durability has taken a huge hit since winter/spring
The coating was definitely holding up well in the cool weather but now it's been hot and rainy. I haven't had a chance to wash either car for a few weeks, I'll see this weekend. The cars were still beading but its not like the surface feels that slick. I'll probably coat again soon but 3-4 months is really good for NYC street parked cars.
franksredhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:25 PM   #68
SnakeEyeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
The coating was definitely holding up well in the cool weather but now it's been hot and rainy. I haven't had a chance to wash either car for a few weeks, I'll see this weekend. The cars were still beading but its not like the surface feels that slick. I'll probably coat again soon but 3-4 months is really good for NYC street parked cars.
3-4 months is great for a easily available spray. My biggest issue is when it's dying it really holds onto water. IME its like an old neglected panel, rather than the "kinda sheeting" most things have when dying
Old 07-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #69
Jersey devil

Drives: '17 Z06
Ok, I'm confused LOL. So are you guys doing the full strength initial application and then reapplying it when needed diluted 1 part HCW to 10 parts water, Or did you skip the initial full strength and are just applying it diluted when the car is dry?
Jersey devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #70
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I never use it full strength anywhere… It’s just too thick.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote