Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 12-22-2018, 12:09 AM   #15
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Having Vorshlag on-board is very good. Some really good tech and parts, I can remember, from being on the Mustang side...
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #16
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Having Vorshlag on-board is very good. Some really good tech and parts, I can remember, from being on the Mustang side...
Hopefully terry isn’t trying to sabotage us, being a mustang guy 😆
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:53 AM   #17
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
When i originally had terry look at the design of the moreno, he said something along the lines of the spherical bearings will only last a few weeks since they reuse the OEM spring perch."
Say what?? I can assure you that the spherical bearing last longer than a few weeks.
2012 Audi S4
1992 Porsche America Roadster
1990 BMW 325Ic
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:56 AM   #18
R3ctivision
1LE Convert

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
There was only one person that had a problem with the Moreno plates, and it turned out he installed them wrong. He admitted it but the internet had already dropped the gavel. Mine have been perfect to-date after plenty of track and salty winter abuse.
Ditto. Tracked mine 8 times with no problems. 3.4 deg negative camber!
R3ctivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #19
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ctivision View Post
Ditto. Tracked mine 8 times with no problems. 3.4 deg negative camber!

hmm i heard a few had issues and they even sent out some replacement parts but who knows but they no longer around and i dont even think gen5 sells em anymore also
Old 12-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #20
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
There was only one person that had a problem with the Moreno plates, and it turned out he installed them wrong. He admitted it but the internet had already dropped the gavel. Mine have been perfect to-date after plenty of track and salty winter abuse.
Ditto, minus the salty winter abuse.

I called Vorshlag last year before I found out Gen5DIY had the last of the Moreno plates and Terry and Jason at that point couldn't figure out how to make a plate for the car, and said that they didn't think that the platform would have enough people tracking them to make it worthwhile.

So combine that with them shitting all over the SCCA Time Trials efforts, and they've lost my business.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #21
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
We are not done in any we on the plates, with that said we are working on a better way and for less $ think ZL1LE.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #22
Destroyer_1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Does anyone have updates?

Destroyer_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:39 PM   #23
Move_Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer_1LE View Post
Does anyone have updates?
When i spoke with Jason from Vorshlag he said expect to see the first batch come around late Jan early feb if everything goes well with their mule. interested to see Gen5DIY design too.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:00 PM   #24
Destroyer_1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
When i spoke with Jason from Vorshlag he said expect to see the first batch come around late Jan early feb if everything goes well with their mule. interested to see Gen5DIY design too.
Did he say anything about the price of them? I think Gen5DIY dropped the project at this point.

Destroyer_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:23 AM   #25
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
very, very interested.
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #26
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
maybe they will be my bday gift to myself lol my bday is march 5th btw !
Old 01-04-2019, 01:34 PM   #27
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
When i originally had terry look at the design of the moreno, he said something along the lines of the spherical bearings will only last a few weeks since they reuse the OEM spring perch. They were trying hard to come up with a setup that THEY can supply the upper spring perch for, not reuse stock, get rid of some rubber and not have the customer have to modify (drill holes) in anything OEM. ...
That assessment by Vorshlag makes no sense, unless they didn't see the spring perch thrust bearing that's part of the Moreno design. The axial and radial load specs for the bearing Moreno chose are perfectly acceptable. It sounds like Vorshlag simply didn't look at the whole assembly and jumped to a conclusion.

Reusing the stock spring perch isn't an issue. Placing artificial limits on the design by saying they don't want to modify the ID of the stock spring perch's hole is odd; it's not an unobtainium part. It's #92271186 and they're $24/each.

Furthermore, having the option of stock or 1/2" lower ride height with modular assembly blocks is [IMO] a major selling point. It allows me to place the front ride height at roughly FEA positioning with zero loss in compression travel.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #28
Move_Over

Quote:
That assessment by Vorshlag makes no sense, unless they didn't see the spring perch thrust bearing that's part of the Moreno design. The axial and radial load specs for the bearing Moreno chose are perfectly acceptable. It sounds like Vorshlag simply didn't look at the whole assembly and jumped to a conclusion.

Reusing the stock spring perch isn't an issue. Placing artificial limits on the design by saying they don't want to modify the ID of the stock spring perch's hole is odd; it's not an unobtainium part. It's #92271186 and they're $24/each.

Furthermore, having the option of stock or 1/2" lower ride height with modular assembly blocks is [IMO] a major selling point. It allows me to place the front ride height at roughly FEA positioning with zero loss in compression travel.
Agreed, i was just relaying the conversation i had on fb with him. I have always loved Vorshlags product and will probably run that anyhow, was just sharing what he said. I agree with the Lower ride height as i wish i could drop the front of mine without losing comp travel as well.

A few posts up GEN5DIY states they are still working on theirs. Good to know there are some options.