Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 06-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #57
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
The twistress and dry me a river are 70/30. The CarPro dhydrate is only 80/20.
I don't have the twistress, but I have plenty of 70/30 Korean drying towels, not one of them absorbs like the DHydrate towel does, or glides across the surface with almost no friction.

Polyester/polyamide % can be misleading, Microfiber Madness DMC is 75/25, and softer than any 70/30 drying towel I have ever used, but it doesn't glide across the paint like the DHydrate does.

The Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile is also 75/25, and is softer than any wax/sealant removal towel.

I only use waffle weave on interior glass, much better options for paint.

I haven't ever used a towel that seems to "float" over the paint and absorb all the water in 1 pass like the Dhydrate does.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles..... Tuned via SCTX4 by Dynosteve at RDP.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:57 PM   #58
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I don't have the twistress, but I have plenty of 70/30 Korean drying towels, not one of them absorbs like the DHydrate towel does, or glides across the surface with almost no friction.

Polyester/polyamide % can be misleading, Microfiber Madness DMC is 75/25, and softer than any 70/30 drying towel I have ever used, but it doesn't glide across the paint like the DHydrate does.

The Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile is also 75/25, and is softer than any wax/sealant removal towel.

I only use waffle weave on interior glass, much better options for paint.

I haven't ever used a towel that seems to "float" over the paint and absorb all the water in 1 pass like the Dhydrate does.
But are the 70/30 you have twisted loop? That's what is behind the "magic" of PFM and DHydrate. It's not just the content of the towel, it's the construction too. It's like short or high pile on applying or removing a product, they can be the same content, but the construction makes the difference.

I just finished a lot of work on the Camaro, putting on CQuartz UK 3.0 if it gets here tomorrow.
Wash with Reset, Iron Decon, Nanoskin Autoscrub, Iron Decon a few spots again(found that a short nap microfiber works better than a sponge or Nano skin at digging out during Iron Decon), wash with Reset again, and then corrected with a UroFiber and M210. I had to go over a few spots with Meguiar's red foam and some 110, but not much. The pad was getting saturated too quickly, I'm thinking it was the multiple layers of HCW was doing it.

I did a 2x Iron X treatment when I bought the car. Just another 3000 miles later, I can't believe what all that brembo dust had done.

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 06-20-2019 at 10:10 PM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #59
BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Great towel I used this and a dry me a river towel and the d hydrate is so much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ryan
Great Towel....

I used Hydro2...

on - My RST....
Name:  RST.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  134.5 KB

Name:  RST1.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  140.4 KB

Name:  RST2.jpg
Size:  154.0 KB

Name:  RST3.jpg
Size:  137.0 KB

- Ready to Roll -
........To Camaro Fest IX

Becky
Michigan's #1 Camaro Dealer
Fly In - Drive Out or I Delivery!
Only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport

313 875-0507 - Direct Line
ChevyFleet@aol.com
BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #60
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS A8
Coated the Camaro today with UK 3.0.

I found a polish streak that dried in a curve from yesterday, AFTER I had finished the coating, luckily it was the last panel I did, 50% IPA solution and some aggressive rubbing took the coating off with the polish, and then just reapplied.

I will say the included wipe off towel was getting saturated when I was finishing. Had the 50ml bottle and I put some plastic between the suede towel and the applicator, I think that saved a lot from being wasted. Easily have enough left to do my Accord.

I applied in 90°F(they recommend 40-85) and it flashed very fast, didn't really even take one minute on many panels. So fast that when I was doing the cross wipe it was already tacky. It still came off well. So even pushing the limits it didn't give me much trouble.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #61
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Just got it back yesterday. Done spending money on this thing! Lol.

Got the tires replaced to continentals, rock guards installed, custom covercraft sun visor, paint correction, ppf on the front bumper, splitter, headlights, quarter panels, rockers, and new satin vinyl on the hood. Topped it off with ceramic.

She is ready for the canyons!
Attached Images

F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:29 PM   #62
groove93

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT RS
Quick and easy Maintenance Wash on Friday Morning. Last weekend I stripped the original wax/protectant, chemical decontamination, clay barred, and polished. One layer of Jescar Power Lock +, 2 layers of Collinite 845.
Attached Images

groove93 is offline   Reply With Quote