Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Phastek Performance

Old 06-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #15
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
I've purchased several cars out of state. First one was CTSV in Illinois, found it while i was there on vacation. Took a look at it and gave him 500 bucks to hold it for me for 2 weeks. Flew back up with a plate, drove back down to FL. Easy Peasy

Bought an M3 race car in Colorado, saw it again on a ski vacation, wired him 1000 for a deposit with in writing agreements. Flew back out there to finalize the deal and got the title, arranged for a carrier to pick it up and paid 750 to have it shipped to FL.

Bought my camaro in NY, at a dealership though. 500 deposit to pick it up by the end of the month ,last June. Flew up with my wife and made it a nice little weekend drive back to FL.

Of course i would love to find stuff locally however it seems difficult to find what you want local. Out of state buying is quite simple, just use your head. If the seller seems shady at any point in time, back out. Not worth the risk. Get everything in writing, photcopies of any papers, licenses etc. Use cashiers checks when possible.

When dealing with different state laws, it can be a little tricky. NY requires a transport tag, which is $10. Florida they could care less, indiana they required a plate from a vehicle you own as well as a bill of sale and or title. Each state, each police officer is different. I always bring a plate with me, which could get you in trouble in some states. But always always have documentation of your purchase to show the officer.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #16
PackManDan

Drives: None at the moment
Purchasing out of state is not an issue (usually) as long as you do your research. I feel like you always limit yourself if you choose to only look at cars within 200 miles. Sometimes the best cars are found thousands of miles away. Don't let it slip by just because of that.

I bought my ZR1 from a private seller out of state. And I sold my ZR1 to a private buyer out of state. That guy had not a care in the world. He texted me about the car for about 2 days. Went to his bank and had a check shipped out to me for the full amount. Then he flew into Las Vegas and arrived at my house.

He barely even looked at the ZR1 (like you would expect someone to do seeing the car for the first time in person). He seriously glanced at the car for maybe 30 seconds, signed some paperwork. I asked him if he wanted to see the engine, his reply "nope, I'm all good". I asked him if he wanted to test drive it before we parted ways, his reply "nope I'm good man, thanks". Then he got into the car and drove off. Haha.
PackManDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #17
Nezfuma

Drives: ‘13 Malibu
I'm late to the party, but I bought mine off this site, out of state. Worked with the seller who was awesome to work with. Gave him a $500 deposit to hold the car. Got the bank situated and flew out to NY to pick up the car. Drove it back and had a great story to go with the car. Buying off a private seller was super easy to do. Just put a layer of protection in between you and the seller. Doing a deposit and bringing a check gave me plenty of time to run a Carfax, do any and all due diligence, and then look at the car in person. Get as many pictures as you need as well. All in all it was the best car buying experience for the best car I've ever had.
Nezfuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #18
Rjliptak19

Drives: Car less currently
Awesome! Thanks everyone. I’m just about to close on a sweet 2017, I’ll post pics and everything once it makes its debut. Should be arriving this upcoming Wednesday or Thursday.
Rjliptak19 is offline   Reply With Quote