Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2017, 11:49 PM   #15
sfzobie
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 55
I average close to 20 in the San Francisco area, lots of stop and go, and couldn't be happier. I get about 5-6 on the track, but cruising around 75 is typically 22-25 mpg. People laugh when I tell them how well it does, we have a X5m for the family car and we are lucky to get to 15mpg under similar conditions. On the track I get about 5.5, but at 8k miles I am averaging 19.5 mpg overall.
sfzobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:31 PM   #16
slvrsrpnt
 
slvrsrpnt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 154
mine's still new and I have a 40 mile each way slow commute. Averaging 17 mpg so far.
slvrsrpnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #17
Boost Creep

 
Boost Creep's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfzobie View Post
I average close to 20 in the San Francisco area, lots of stop and go, and couldn't be happier. I get about 5-6 on the track, but cruising around 75 is typically 22-25 mpg. People laugh when I tell them how well it does, we have a X5m for the family car and we are lucky to get to 15mpg under similar conditions. On the track I get about 5.5, but at 8k miles I am averaging 19.5 mpg overall.
That's pretty good with all the hills and traffic.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #18
rfm4000
 
Drives: 2017 SS 1LE SIM
Join Date: May 2017
Location: AZ
Posts: 58
OP, your mpg is fine, mines the same exact way. Ive got 16MPG on average since I got the car 3500 miles ago.
rfm4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:25 PM   #19
WhiteKnightSS1LE
 
WhiteKnightSS1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE \ 2006 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: TN
Posts: 53
Best so far is 25.7mpg on highway, and typical mixed semi-easy driving is 17ish mpg. I have beat the crap out this car since it had 8 miles on the odometer, with around 3000 miles on it now.
WhiteKnightSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #20
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHSS1LE View Post
I've been using Chevron 91 Octane. I'll try a different gas station and reset my Trip B to track. Reading up on some of the Track MPG and they were at 6 or 5, made me feel better but based on what you get, I'm concerned.
Dumb question. Do they not have 93 octane where you're at?
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #21
Ecchi667
 
Ecchi667's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 329
I presume the 1LE has cruise control? My manual 2SS does. It makes all the difference. With one passenger, self-ported TB, Roto-Fab oiled filter, and Vitesse TC set to SP5, my best run is 29.5 mpg on the way back from Atlanta at around 70mph cruise. My mostly-highway 30+ mile commute used to get an average of around 25mpg with some spirit thrown in. My new, 5 - 10 mile commute on mixed roads gets 16 - 20 mpg, dependent on traffic.

Using cruise control I've managed to get 450 miles out of a single tank of 93 and still made it to the gas station with a little left. That was running from Columbia, SC to New Smyrna, Florida, and then some... so pretty flat roads, but averaging 80mph or so, and 26 mpg.

Anyway, my point is that cruise-control, assuming the 1LE has it, is your friend. There are only two downsides to it - 1. it automatically puts traction control on (safety feature I guess, but annoying all the same) and 2. it doesn't go below 24mph.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #22
JamesNoBrakes

 
JamesNoBrakes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: AK
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Dumb question. Do they not have 93 octane where you're at?
Lots of places do not and 91 is the highest in those.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #23
Boost Creep

 
Boost Creep's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Dumb question. Do they not have 93 octane where you're at?
Cali has a max of 91 iirc.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #24
Boost Creep

 
Boost Creep's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
I presume the 1LE has cruise control? My manual 2SS does. It makes all the difference. With one passenger, self-ported TB, Roto-Fab oiled filter, and Vitesse TC set to SP5, my best run is 29.5 mpg on the way back from Atlanta at around 70mph cruise. My mostly-highway 30+ mile commute used to get an average of around 25mpg with some spirit thrown in. My new, 5 - 10 mile commute on mixed roads gets 16 - 20 mpg, dependent on traffic.

Using cruise control I've managed to get 450 miles out of a single tank of 93 and still made it to the gas station with a little left. That was running from Columbia, SC to New Smyrna, Florida, and then some... so pretty flat roads, but averaging 80mph or so, and 26 mpg.

Anyway, my point is that cruise-control, assuming the 1LE has it, is your friend. There are only two downsides to it - 1. it automatically puts traction control on (safety feature I guess, but annoying all the same) and 2. it doesn't go below 24mph.
If you live in a hilly region, cruise control will kill your fuel mileage. It cannot anticipate a hill so it won't build speed before the hill, and it won't shed any speed climbing the hill.
Two hyper-mile techniques that improve mpg drastically.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #25
JamesNoBrakes

 
JamesNoBrakes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: AK
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
If you live in a hilly region, cruise control will kill your fuel mileage. It cannot anticipate a hill so it won't build speed before the hill, and it won't shed any speed climbing the hill.
Two hyper-mile techniques that improve mpg drastically.
In my experience, length of the trip matters far more than if it's hilly, as long as you are going both ways.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:05 AM   #26
MPHSS1LE
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Dumb question. Do they not have 93 octane where you're at?
At most stations in CA it is 87, 89, and 91. Havenít seen 93 anywhere but maybe itís just me because this is the first car Iíve owned worth using premium gas...
MPHSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #27
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,681
Ah, thanks guys. Didn't know that.
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #28
TJay74

 
Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 1,408
Winter bland fuels are the main reason for the low MPG along with short drive times. The SS 1LE will get into the mid 20's MPG on pure highway at 70mph, done it in mine several times.

And that is hand calculated, not the DIC readings. Heck my DIC said my last tank of E85 was 16.5 and I hand calculated it at almost 19mpg for the tank.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.