Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-21-2016, 08:15 AM   #15
Cycule

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Cycule Send a message via Yahoo to Cycule Send a message via Skype™ to Cycule
I am playing this on the Xbox one if any wants to join me. The Division is a awesome a awesome multiplayer game.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #16
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I've been playing on PC. I'm level 23 and have been taking my time, more or less. I like the game enough, but it's certainly a grind while leveling up. There are lots of random things for completionists, and the story is moderately interesting so far. The "hard" difficulty on the mission line is great, and quite challenging. It makes you treat the game like a cover based shooter, instead of quasi run-and-gun.

I've had to do some reading online to figure a few things out, like what the food and special ammo buffs do. There are also a mess of bonuses on the gear. Basically, I read that you design your gear stats around the perks your gun will give you (Firearms, Health, and Electronics). But in addition do that, the bonuses of your gear impact your skills, which makes that messy because those bonuses are effectively RNG.

Thus, here comes the main problem. Although you can swap your skills on the fly, which is great, you will need a different gear setup for each combination of skills you like to use to perform optimally. All of those different gear sets will need to have enough of the primary stat to support your weapon. Of course, that may not even matter since you might have a different weapon for each setup, but I'm not far enough to really know yet.

I don't think this all matters too much in the current state of the game, but if they add a raid-type thing, it may matter more.

I'm definitely looking forward to some content that will make the game a little less repetitive, although the challenges and etc at max level will probably help with that.

I would like a few things to be added. Linking items in whispers to friends would be great. I'd like to be able to create some preset outfit combinations (I change my clothes a lot). I'd like to be able to disable the ability from friends to join my group without inviting. I'd REALLY like to be able to filter the map when you're in a group, so that only mission that nobody in the party have complete show, instead of only seeing the leader's missions and having to sort through them to see if they say "replay".

For the most part, it's a solid game and a relatively smooth launch. Still some bugs to work out, but nothing absolutely game breaking that I've seen. I'm seriously considering the season pass if it keeps on going.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #17
Dreamcar16

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
played it, got repititive and story missions/side missions are short like any typical ubisoft games. although the concept is exciting and fun, it just gets boring after a while. once you have high end loot, what other goals do you have? it becomes a pure pvp fest. thank god ubisoft is including free updates and paid DLCs. despite the game getting stale, i really enjoyed the game mechanics and gameplay nonetheless. cant forget about them photo realistic graphics. i think they did a great job mapping out new york with all sorts of small details that you can really appreciate. my rating is a solid 8/10, wish there was more content and who can forget about the 2013 e3 demonstration?
Dreamcar16 is offline   Reply With Quote