Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #15
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I agree with Glen on this situation! Pay the dealership a visit preferably on a weekday if you can when the Sales Manager or General Manager are working there. Unless you keep calling everyday multiple times then they will think you weren’t serious about buying the car and treat you like a tire kicker. If you really want this particular Camaro then keep hounding the dealership and sales people there.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #16
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Also maybe there’s a piece of information you’re not revealing to us. Did you go into negotiations with them and give them an extremely low amount ( Lowball) that would cause them to make you think you’re not serious?

Many times I shut a guy off when I was in retail, only because he absolutely wasn’t serious about buying a car and only wanted to give me ridiculous Offers.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #17
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
call Becky and get the right car!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #18
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
My advice on moving forward is to go to the dealer you prefer, whether based on on proximity or past experience, and order up the car exactly as you want it. Furthermore, I would advise you to order it early in the Spring, so it arrives early in the Summer, having been transported over salt free roads, which will also be warm enough for those summer tires.

The car you are looking at now, is it $6,000 below MSRP? Really? Based on my experience, you will not be paying MSRP, even in the Spring, unless you're buying a ZL1. Just go in with the mindset that you want the car, but do not need the car. It's not like you have 4 kids and must have that minivan right now. Dealers do understand that, when selling a Camaro, they are not selling essential equipment.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #19
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I'd just buy from a different dealer, even if it cost a little more to be honest.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:35 PM   #20
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoodlan View Post
I never thought it would be so difficult to get a sales person to answer me! I have been talking with a dealership since October regarding a new 2020 Camaro. The dealership is 70 miles from my house (car has more options and is priced better than anything closer to me), so it's not easy to make it out there frequently.

I went to the dealership once, the sales rep rushed me through my appointment, and I have not been able to get a response from anybody at the dealership since. I have decided (and even convinced my wife!) that this is the car, but nobody at the dealership seems to want to make a sale.

I should also note that I live in the Midwest, and this car comes with Summer tires. I don't think it would be smart to drive 70 highway miles in 20 degree temps with the stock tires. The promotions going on during the winter I'm guessing are going to be better than anything that they offer come spring and summer next year, but don't realistically have a chance to get the car in these weather conditions.

Any advice on how to move forward with the dealership? I have emailed everybody up to the General Sales Manager with no luck. Is there a corporate contact that could provide support? I guess my biggest thing is I would hate to wait until spring to buy the car when it is listed $6k more than it is now.
In October, you were a hot lead. However, after two months and you have not purchased the car, they probably pretty much see you as shopper (tire kicker). I work internet leads at our dealership. On average, people who are truly in the market purchase eight days after making an initial inquiry. You're in that sixty day territory, where you have most likely been moved to the lost opportunity category.

So, you actually went to the dealership, what happened that you did not buy it then? Did you make the most common customer mistake and tell them you weren't buying today? That will get you brushed off quickly by most sales people. (not me, I don't give up so quick, though). But the fact that you were there and didn't buy it then, especially after driving 70 miles, will absolutely turn them cold.

But it's really easy. Call the dealerships main phone line and ask for sales. Tell them you want to verify the car is there and available, ask them to send physical pictures, not their internet pics, but real pics. Once they do that, explain to them that you have driven the car, (don't tell them it was 2 months ago), and you have decided on this one. Once you confirm availability, tell them you are willing to put a deposit to hold it. Then ask them for a purchase order to get pre-approval from your financial institution. Negotiating a car deal via e-mail isn't the dealers preferred method, (because most people who do this are just shopping the numbers) but they should do it, but you have to sell them on it. Once you get to an agreement, have them send a pdf of the purchase agreement. Tell them you can get your own financing, but are willing to see if they can better the rate. Ask for a finance mgr and give them your CC# for the deposit. If the sales person is good, it will take you longer to drive there than this part will take.

As far as the tires, you can either negotiate all seasons, either as a trade out, or buy them outright, into the deal. They can have them mounted and balanced before you get there. But act fast, someone could be working a deal on that car right now. It happens, I've them sold out from under me, and I've them from under others. The person in the flesh, ready to take it home now, gets the car everytime.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:22 AM   #21
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
In October, you were a hot lead. However, after two months and you have not purchased the car, they probably pretty much see you as shopper (tire kicker). I work internet leads at our dealership. On average, people who are truly in the market purchase eight days after making an initial inquiry. You're in that sixty day territory, where you have most likely been moved to the lost opportunity category.

So, you actually went to the dealership, what happened that you did not buy it then? Did you make the most common customer mistake and tell them you weren't buying today? That will get you brushed off quickly by most sales people. (not me, I don't give up so quick, though). But the fact that you were there and didn't buy it then, especially after driving 70 miles, will absolutely turn them cold.

But it's really easy. Call the dealerships main phone line and ask for sales. Tell them you want to verify the car is there and available, ask them to send physical pictures, not their internet pics, but real pics. Once they do that, explain to them that you have driven the car, (don't tell them it was 2 months ago), and you have decided on this one. Once you confirm availability, tell them you are willing to put a deposit to hold it. Then ask them for a purchase order to get pre-approval from your financial institution. Negotiating a car deal via e-mail isn't the dealers preferred method, (because most people who do this are just shopping the numbers) but they should do it, but you have to sell them on it. Once you get to an agreement, have them send a pdf of the purchase agreement. Tell them you can get your own financing, but are willing to see if they can better the rate. Ask for a finance mgr and give them your CC# for the deposit. If the sales person is good, it will take you longer to drive there than this part will take.

As far as the tires, you can either negotiate all seasons, either as a trade out, or buy them outright, into the deal. They can have them mounted and balanced before you get there. But act fast, someone could be working a deal on that car right now. It happens, I've them sold out from under me, and I've them from under others. The person in the flesh, ready to take it home now, gets the car everytime.
FYI Some of us do buy today for the right price but get up and leave after two hours if we can’t agree on that right price.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:54 AM   #22
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:

I'm serious and have the money. Been poking at them with a stick for a while now. Some of us pucker up signing 5 figure checks, so we take our time. I am honest about it though.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:07 AM   #23
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Tires shouldn’t be a problem if the car is indoors before the drive home and temps above 30 degrees. I would keep calling till I had someone on the phone, preferably the Sales Mgr. The price maybe right, hopefully the financing rate will be favorable too. I looked last year in Oct and got a price, 2 months later they dropped the price $4000 and that was when I headed in and drove the badass home.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #24
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
FYI Some of us do buy today for the right price but get up and leave after two hours if we can’t agree on that right price.
This is very true. Typically, and not every deal is the same nor is every dealer the same, but when the sales person or the sales manager shakes your hand and says thank you for your time, they're all in on the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
I'm serious and have the money. Been poking at them with a stick for a while now. Some of us pucker up signing 5 figure checks, so we take our time. I am honest about it though.
No question, just call them up, talk to the sales manager, verify the car is still there, and tell them what time you'll be there.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #25
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoodlan View Post
I never thought it would be so difficult to get a sales person to answer me! I have been talking with a dealership since October regarding a new 2020 Camaro. The dealership is 70 miles from my house (car has more options and is priced better than anything closer to me), so it's not easy to make it out there frequently.

I went to the dealership once, the sales rep rushed me through my appointment, and I have not been able to get a response from anybody at the dealership since. I have decided (and even convinced my wife!) that this is the car, but nobody at the dealership seems to want to make a sale.

I should also note that I live in the Midwest, and this car comes with Summer tires. I don't think it would be smart to drive 70 highway miles in 20 degree temps with the stock tires. The promotions going on during the winter I'm guessing are going to be better than anything that they offer come spring and summer next year, but don't realistically have a chance to get the car in these weather conditions.

Any advice on how to move forward with the dealership? I have emailed everybody up to the General Sales Manager with no luck. Is there a corporate contact that could provide support? I guess my biggest thing is I would hate to wait until spring to buy the car when it is listed $6k more than it is now.
Find another dealership. They obviously don't want your business. If this is how they treat you now, just think of how they'll treat you after the sale if you have problems with your car. I say RUN. Run away as fast as you can. Christenson Chevy or Mike Anderson Chevy don't have anything? Check with them doing a dealer trade.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #26
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
This is very true. Typically, and not every deal is the same nor is every dealer the same, but when the sales person or the sales manager shakes your hand and says thank you for your time, they're all in on the deal.
Every time I’ve left it never ended in a handshake lol
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #27
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Sounds to like this is a typical 'bait and switch' type of situation where they advertise one heck of a deal on a vehicle just to get everyone's attention.

Sometimes you'd have to read the fine print to see that the awesome price they're advertising only applies IF your are a GM employee, you already have a lease, etc, etc, etc.

Or they advertise a great car/deal on their web site, only to find out later that the car has already been sold, regardless of how recent the car was listed.

Not saying that's the case here, but you never know.

If it was that good of a deal on the car I was looking for, I'd hop in the car and drive the 70 miles with a check in my hand (or the equivalent paperwork from your bank showing you are approved for the loan) and see the car in person and verify that it's all legit.

You can discuss with the dealership at that point how to get the car home.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #28
dgoodlan

Drives: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post
Find another dealership. They obviously don't want your business. If this is how they treat you now, just think of how they'll treat you after the sale if you have problems with your car. I say RUN. Run away as fast as you can. Christenson Chevy or Mike Anderson Chevy don't have anything? Check with them doing a dealer trade.
I reached out to Christenson Chevy and have an appointment on Friday to discuss a dealer trade. They don't have 1 MT on the lot. It's been tough finding a MT in our area that has any added options, or isn't a ZL1
dgoodlan is offline   Reply With Quote