Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-24-2020, 09:21 PM   #15
M_2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
OK, makes more sense. Stay with the Kooks. Please. Stay with the green cats. Stay with the coating. Make sure the tune includes a dyno and street tune. Add in a good set of plug wire sleeves. You will thank me later. Do NOT deviate from this plan. Good job!
Thank you very much for the feedback! Sometimes it's better not to cheap out on the front end
M_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #16
supersportss

Drives: 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirstyDave View Post
It's not that bad. We did the install in my friend's garage on jack stands. It took about 8 hours and we took alot of breaks. Have you tried doing plugs and wires on a LT1 in a 4th gen. Now that's a pain in the ass. Lol
OMG yes it is, my hands looked like I got in a fight with with a cat.
supersportss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:57 AM   #17
Robby23

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
yep jack stands is how i did it. not hard at all, plenty of room but you will want a 2nd person to help hand the header up through the bottom while you grab it from the top. from the floor to the skid plate underneath on on the front or whatever its called i had i believe 18 inches. i bought a set of 6 ton stands off amazon that go up 24 inches or something like that.
2018 1SS M6 - OTR intake, HI Ram intake, Ceramic Coated TSP Headers Catless, AWE Touring Axle-Back, Flex Fuel, Pray Performace stage 3 cam, TSP ported heads, Pray Ported 95MM TB and Ported HI-RAM. SJM Line-Lock. F14 Drag Pack 17's with front skinnies. Tuned by Pray Performance.
Robby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #18
Ponyeatr16ss
retired badass

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Ponyeatr16ss Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyeatr16ss
Best way to save money is do it yourself. You don’t know how to turn a wrench you say? You can build a house by watching a YouTube video.
Ponyeatr16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:46 PM   #19
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
After installation of long tube headers will a car pass the emissions tests?
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:33 PM   #20
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post

Do you have all your catS?
Old 01-07-2021, 09:17 AM   #21
Wobble Goat

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
If you got the catalytic converters that go with the Long tube headers, then yes. If you went "catless" aka "off road pipes" then no.

There are ways around this, but if you are asking, we'll keep it to the basics.

No longer thread jacking; OP, which route did you end up going? I know CSP Headers are the choice I'll be going because they avoid the steering rack where Kooks does not. (I have Kooks LTs on my GTO; they were a bitch to install.) CSP - Andrew, Eric, Alex, etc the team is great there and have assisted me greatly over the years. Highly recommend them.
Wobble Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:18 AM   #22
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
OK, makes more sense. Stay with the Kooks. Please. Stay with the green cats. Stay with the coating. Make sure the tune includes a dyno and street tune. Add in a good set of plug wire sleeves. You will thank me later. Do NOT deviate from this plan. Good job!
If I were starting over, I'd probably pony up the extra $$$ for the green cats, even though my experience so far indicates that the standard, high flow cats are adequate for some applications. I've been running mine for 20k miles with no problems. I do run e50 -60 almost exclusively which helps keep things cool.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 04:41 AM   #23
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
https://americanracingheaders.com/co...nt=29943878596 my tuner olny charges $450 for tune. $76 for welding materials. LOL $25 should include the bungs installed. why are they adding extra bungs? they use the bungs that come with the headers to tune. Mytuner is http://store.jandjspeedshop.com/ near Buffalo NY
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:48 PM   #24
yourmomshouse

Drives: 2016 2SS 6MT
I'm also in NY. I asked around in the NYC/ Long island area and received crazy quotes as well, but nothing that crazy. One shop quoted me $1,000 for labor only just for headers alone.
The CSP505 package is a good deal. They know what they're doing with tunes. I spent about $6k doing the following: ported stock IM, ported 95mm TB, flex fuel kit, Rotofab dry soundtube delete, CSP headers, Swain Tech coating, AEM wideband, Banks Igauge, a-pillar double gauge trim, HPT MPVI2, 2 credits, tune, install. I definitely didn't go the budget route other than the ported stock IM and didn't do ANY of the labor myself. That's a ton more stuff I got for an extra 1500 bucks. I'm also in NY.
Whatever you do, go with a good tuner. I went the remote tune route.
yourmomshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:13 AM   #25
jasonz28camaro

Drives: 2007.5 Duramax
I need to go into business installing headers lol
jasonz28camaro is offline   Reply With Quote