Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-04-2019, 06:26 AM   #1
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Interesting reading

It seems Camaro is spiraling and the strike made it worse.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/the-dod...an-muscle-cars
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I would say Dodge is eating the Muscle Car lunch because of advertising but I don't see any commercials for Mustang, either
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post

Holy sh!T it will burn a full take of gas in 11 effing min! at full throttle!!!at top speed 203 mph!
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #4
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:

Unfortunately those running this current GM Outfit have not learned the basics of marketing. They don't advertise the Camaro in print or video. And the ads they make for other vehicles just plain suck. Yet they wonder why their vehicles are not selling. They actually think they don't sell because people want electric cars.... I wonder if they will advertise the electric cars or just think people will beat a path to their door.?

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 10-04-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: ds
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #5
1fujifilm

Drives: 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:

Guys, its the rebates..
I am looking at a Scat Pack Challenger with almost 500 HP for 32k..bargain.
FYI Dip shit Chev, its freeking October, time to put out some rebates on cars nobody wants in the winter (at least in WI).

If they came out with 25% off the Corvette or 30% off the Camaro SS Vert I will buy a Chev or get a Scat in November.

I will buy something as it is a buyers market.

Bear
1fujifilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:47 PM   #6
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
There is a reason Dodge can offer $3k to $7k rebates and still make money. The cost of that platform development was shared with other cars over 10 years ago! Not only that, the hundreds of millions of dollars invested in tooling up for those cars and initial set up cost of the assembly plant has been recouped many years ago, so those $ are no longer a factor in today's manufacturing costs.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:10 PM   #7
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
There is a reason Dodge can offer $3k to $7k rebates and still make money. The cost of that platform development was shared with other cars over 10 years ago! Not only that, the hundreds of millions of dollars invested in tooling up for those cars and initial set up cost of the assembly plant has been recouped many years ago, so those $ are no longer a factor in today's manufacturing costs.
true but dodge also changed it up enough for the better in looks, handling and power over the years to keep people buying. Chevy has done the complete opposite. They haven't added power (minimal from gen 5 to gen 6) and they did not improve the looks or the handling within the generations. Some would say they made the looks worse.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:03 AM   #8
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
A heavy, boring, shared chassis from generations ago. If GM did that they'd be crucified, but if FCA does it, it's "good marketing". The media loves FCA for some reason. Probably all the money they spend on advertising.

Last edited by protovack; 10-05-2019 at 01:22 AM.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #9
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
I agree with another poster here that bashed GM for lack of advertising the 6th Gen.

I remember a 5th Gen camaro commercial they used to run that showed a bunch of guys riding Harleys, who parted to let a camaro through.

That was an awesome commercial. They should re-make that one with a 6th Gen.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:09 AM   #10
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Ok, my bad. It wasn't a 5th Gen commercial, it was a 4th Gen.

Still pretty cool. They should try this again...

Old 10-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #11
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
A heavy, boring, shared chassis from generations ago. If GM did that they'd be crucified, but if FCA does it, it's "good marketing". The media loves FCA for some reason. Probably all the money they spend on advertising.
Yup...

I honestly can't believe people cross shop Challenger/Charger and Camaro. At this point the only similarity is they are cars with V8s. The Camaro is far smaller and focused more on being a balanced sports car vs a muscle car.

The Dodge twins should be much less expensive... they are dated, heavy and offer poor overall performance vs modern cars with the exception of more power.

I'd be willing to pay significantly more for a Camaro and to be honest if the Camaro wasn't available the Challenger wouldn't even be an option. Chevy shouldn't have to compete on price with the Dodges, the fact they can get even close with the new LT1 makes the car a far better value vs Dodge.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #12
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
true but dodge also changed it up enough for the better in looks, handling and power over the years to keep people buying. Chevy has done the complete opposite. They haven't added power (minimal from gen 5 to gen 6) and they did not improve the looks or the handling within the generations. Some would say they made the looks worse.
Um, no. Just no. The 6th Gen is a different car than the 5th Gen. Have you owned both?

Chevy has spent lots of money on improving their performance products and it shows.

Mopar isn’t re-engineering their products like Chevy. They just tweak horsepower. At the end of the day, you still have a brick. A fast brick, but a brick nonetheless. Learned my lesson with Mopar products. Never again. I would buy foreign before buying Mopar...oh, wait!
Old 10-05-2019, 06:11 PM   #13
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
but it does seem like they are doing pretty well with an outdated car.go figure...maybe thats what their buyers are actually looking for,after all,the challenger and 5th gen/6th gen camaros are retro cars to some extent.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:39 PM   #14
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Does Dodge play Nascar and many motorsports like GM and Ford ? Seems like TV commercial is only very good way of advertising for Dodge.

I think GM and Ford have learned form FCA because both have decided to extend lifecycle of pony car.