Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Phastek Performance

Old 01-10-2022, 09:49 PM   #1
Ninjor

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Trade Nor Cal: 2022 1LE White Trunk lid for Non 1le trunk.

Looking to trade my new white 2022 1LE trunk lid with a spoiler for a non 1LE lid.

I am going to do an APR big wing and the 1le lid with the spoiler has holes when the spoiler is removed, so I am looking for a plain in nice condition white lid in the North California area.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by Ninjor; 01-10-2022 at 10:18 PM.
Ninjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:27 AM   #2
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
FYI - if you are putting the wing just for looks, the plain lid is probably fine. If tracking it, the 2018 regular SS and ZL1 trunklid got reinforcement patches due to the aero load. You can't see the patches except looking up through the bottom of the decklid via the holes. The 2016-17 PN was replaced by the 2018.

On my 17 SS 1LE with ZL1 1LE front aero and the APR wing, I started with the 2018+ regular SS / ZL1 coupe trunklid. No deformation tracked a lot at high speeds.

APR gives you a small block off plate to cover the center upright holes and the outboard holes are used / covered by APR's upright mounts. Also, change over to the regular SS / ZL1 gas trunk struts (cheap, like $10/each) as they are a higher rate or the trunk slams way too hard with the much heavier APR wing assembly.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 11:29 AM   #3
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
FYI - if you are putting the wing just for looks, the plain lid is probably fine. If tracking it, the 2018 regular SS and ZL1 trunklid got reinforcement patches due to the aero load. You can't see the patches except looking up through the bottom of the decklid via the holes. The 2016-17 PN was replaced by the 2018.

On my 17 SS 1LE with ZL1 1LE front aero and the APR wing, I started with the 2018+ regular SS / ZL1 coupe trunklid. No deformation tracked a lot at high speeds.

APR gives you a small block off plate to cover the center upright holes and the outboard holes are used / covered by APR's upright mounts. Also, change over to the regular SS / ZL1 gas trunk struts (cheap, like $10/each) as they are a higher rate or the trunk slams way too hard with the much heavier APR wing assembly.

For the record I couldn't find anyone to swap trunks with me so I just ended up installing the APR wing on my stock 17' SS 1LE trunk and having the extra holes filled/repainted. With the carbon backing plates from APR I haven't seen any denting/deformation in the trunk, and it has seen 155-160mph with medium angle of attack on the wing so making some good downforce.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:19 PM   #4
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
For the record I couldn't find anyone to swap trunks with me so I just ended up installing the APR wing on my stock 17' SS 1LE trunk and having the extra holes filled/repainted. With the carbon backing plates from APR I haven't seen any denting/deformation in the trunk, and it has seen 155-160mph with medium angle of attack on the wing so making some good downforce.
Good to know. I have seen and heard of some incidents of people with deformation. Just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks for chiming in, too!
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:54 PM   #5
Ninjor

Ah ok that's good to know thanks. Yes, I plan on tracking this a lot. I did 19 days last year. I was considering doing a carbon trunk but some of those say they are not built for that.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:16 PM   #6
Ninjor

I just found this also, it looks like all 2018+ trunks are reinforced.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...59626-9999.pdf

I found this part particularly interesting:

"The ZL1 1LE high wing rear spoiler is only designed and released to be used
on the ZL1 1LE Camaro. Installation of the ZL1 1LE high wing rear spoiler on a non ZL1
1LE car, is considered a modification to the vehicle and may negatively impact the New
Vehicle Limited Warranty."