#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-07-2024, 03:41 AM   #29
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Someday I’ll install the Hurst too! When I drove my buddies car with Hurst compared to my 1le, my gear shifts felt damn sloppy in comparison!
Can confirm ... I couldn't go back to the stock shifter after installing the hurst. Pain to install but one of the best mods I've done. Installed the hurst with factory knob.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 04:34 PM   #30
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
there are only a couple options it appears. GM makes one and Hurst, that's all that's available. I'm surprised MGW doesn't offer anything, their shifters are some the highest quality pieces available...
I had a MGW in my C7 and it was *perfection*.

When the Gen6's came out they got a test car and did a bunch of research and quite a few of us here bugged them weekly / monthly for updates. In the end the couldn't come up with something they were happy with and scrapped it. I could go back through my emails but I think it was a year or two after release they officially scrapped it.

From all the reports and reviews of the Hurst, it's a solid upgrade. It's just a giant PITA to do, having to lower the tranny a good 6-10" inches, which means dropping the exhaust and driveshaft, which for most normal joes (like me, is a bit more that I'm comfy doing in my garage).

The stock shifter in the Gen6 has a better feel than the stock shifter in the C7, however!

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote