#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-24-2023, 09:25 PM   #15
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
You know i had forgotten about that,but i have both a 23 SS1LE and LT1, and there 's no perceptible difference in throw.. at least to me.
The FIRST thing I noticed when picking up my 23 ss 1le was that the shifts were noticeably shorter and tighter feeling versus my 2016 SS. It wasn’t placebo because I didn’t even know you get the short throw shifter when ordering a 1le. Looked it up when I got home because of how different it felt to me.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 11:43 PM   #16
Judy1le

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
they make a quality shifter! I had an MGW in my 2011 Mustang GT, that thing was a work of art!
MGW does not make a short throw for the 6th gen Camaros. Only Hurst does.
Judy1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 11:50 PM   #17
Judy1le

Quote:
they make a quality shifter! I had an MGW in my 2011 Mustang GT, that thing was a work of art!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23VIVIDORANGE1LE View Post
That’s what I was looking for, someone that had the factory 1LE short shifter and changed it out for the Hurst. Can you tell me how much it shortened the throw? I’m considering the pistol grip style or the ball style.
I cant tell you exact measurements of how much it shortened because I dont have them, but I can attest to it being significantly shorter than the OEM 1le shifter and the overall shifter feel is more notchy/mechanical feeling which I love.

Hurst is your only option for an aftermarket short throw shifter for the 6th gen.

And dont do the pistol grip. The ergonomics are absolutely dreadful. Stick with the ball style. I went with a Raceseng knob. Its alcantara and metal. Feels fantastic. My only wish is that it was a tad bigger because I have very large hands.
Old 12-25-2023, 04:57 AM   #18
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy1le View Post
I cant tell you exact measurements of how much it shortened because I dont have them, but I can attest to it being significantly shorter than the OEM 1le shifter and the overall shifter feel is more notchy/mechanical feeling which I love.

Hurst is your only option for an aftermarket short throw shifter for the 6th gen.

And dont do the pistol grip. The ergonomics are absolutely dreadful. Stick with the ball style. I went with a Raceseng knob. Its alcantara and metal. Feels fantastic. My only wish is that it was a tad bigger because I have very large hands.
Totally disagree with your comment, for myself the pistol grip is perfect and getting rid of the console allows my elbow not to drag on console. I would say get what suits you the best no matter which mod you get.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 09:59 AM   #19
scott_0

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Metallic SS 1le
Quote:
there are only a couple options it appears. GM makes one and Hurst, that's all that's available. I'm surprised MGW doesn't offer anything, their shifters are some the highest quality pieces available...
Quote:
MGW does not make a short throw for the 6th gen Camaros. Only Hurst does.
ummmm lol I never said they did, I said they make a quality shifter, I stated that much in my first reply I sure wish they did!
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 11:29 AM   #20
Judy1le

Quote:
ummmm lol I never said they did, I said they make a quality shifter, I stated that much in my first reply I sure wish they did!
You are correct. I tried to go back and delete my response after rereading but it wouldnt allow me to for some reason. Sorry about that.
Old 12-25-2023, 11:31 AM   #21
Judy1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Totally disagree with your comment, for myself the pistol grip is perfect and getting rid of the console allows my elbow not to drag on console. I would say get what suits you the best no matter which mod you get.
Agreed. Boils down to personal preference. I do like your set up and the “console delete”. Cleaner and looks like more space. Old school vibe if you will.

Where did you place the parking brake, TC and drive mode selector that was on the console?
Old 12-25-2023, 12:39 PM   #22
scott_0

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Metallic SS 1le
Quote:
You are correct. I tried to go back and delete my response after rereading but it wouldnt allow me to for some reason. Sorry about that.
all good! Merry Christmas, man
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 01:56 PM   #23
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Agreed. Boils down to personal preference. I do like your set up and the “console delete”. Cleaner and looks like more space. Old school vibe if you will.

Where did you place the parking brake, TC and drive mode selector that was on the console?
I order an extra stock wire harness for the console and just used the length of harness wires not the connectors in order mount them in glove box. It was a pretty simple cut wires and solder wire job especially when u just hook up the exact same color wires
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 08:27 AM   #24
23VIVIDORANGE1LE

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS 1LE
Thank you everyone for your input. I find it all very helpful.
23VIVIDORANGE1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 11:16 AM   #25
Dmf209

Drives: None
I installed my hurst shifter yesterday. The install wasn’t too bad, the pins were the only challenging part, but even that wasn’t terrible. Took 2.5 hrs. Also drained and refilled with Amsoil. The throw of the shifter is dramatically shorter than stock! I love the way it shifts, and it definitely does feel very mechanical as others mentioned. The side to side slop that the stock shifter had is gone as well, which used to drive me nuts.
Attached Images

Dmf209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 10:04 PM   #26
Buellrider

Drives: 2023 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmf209 View Post
I installed my hurst shifter yesterday. The install wasn’t too bad, the pins were the only challenging part, but even that wasn’t terrible. Took 2.5 hrs. Also drained and refilled with Amsoil. The throw of the shifter is dramatically shorter than stock! I love the way it shifts, and it definitely does feel very mechanical as others mentioned. The side to side slop that the stock shifter had is gone as well, which used to drive me nuts.
I assume you’re in the Central Valley with 209 in your name? Shifter looks good.
Buellrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 03:18 PM   #27
23VIVIDORANGE1LE

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmf209 View Post
What Amsoil did you use?
23VIVIDORANGE1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 12:58 AM   #28
Dabjbr

Someday I’ll install the Hurst too! When I drove my buddies car with Hurst compared to my 1le, my gear shifts felt damn sloppy in comparison!
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote