Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-07-2023, 07:26 AM   #1
Adios

Drives: 2023 and 2024 Convertibles
Another sad day in Camaro history...

I wonder how it will play out today?
Will this really be the last day?

Adios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 07:34 AM   #2
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Once again....

TODAY IS NOT THE LAST DAY OF PRODUCTION!

There are Camaros scheduled to be built into mid December.

Example:
Attached Images

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 07:41 AM   #3
Osbornsm

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Once again....

There are Camaros scheduled to be built into mid December.

Example:

So you're sayin there's a chance....

Mods: Rotofab, Nick Williams 103mm TB, MSD IM, Kooks 1 7/8
Results: 470 hp / 447 tq
Osbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 08:50 AM   #4
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
The saddest day will be if/when they announce a watt Camaro, then you will know the legacy is officially dead.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 08:54 AM   #5
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adios View Post
I wonder how it will play out today?
Will this really be the last day?
Username checks out...
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 09:00 AM   #6
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
You guys crack me up. GM is working on it's next-gen hybrids. So, when the next-gen hybrid Corvette is announced, expect the current-gen Corvette hybrid system to make into gen-7 Camaro: 4-wheel drive ICE/e hybrid. Then, all those crying now just need to pony up the bucks for the gen-7 Camaro. So, if we busy ourselves predicting the future, why not imagine a happier one. Until then, enjoy gen 6. It's a great car.
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 09:19 AM   #7
BatMobileLT1

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 M6
On that more positive note - that I 100% agree with! Let's celebrate how great a car they made - and especially how lucky we all are to have gotten one.
So I'm reposting this info on 2 great Camaro books that I heard about on this forum when I joined last year that others might be interested in getting especially as production wraps up. [not sure how available they are now but worth keeping an eye for]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifecta
If there's a coffee table book about the 6gen camaro, highlighting the development but also changes throughout the years, I'd def. be interested.

This one is a great one just on Camaro Gen6 (2016+) development:
Camaro 2016: Chevrolet's Modern Performance Car

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this one is good overview of full Camaro history (Gen1 to Gen6)

The Complete Book of Chevrolet Camaro, 2nd Edition: Every Model Since 1967

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really enjoyed them both!
Old 12-07-2023, 09:21 AM   #8
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Even though I just bought my 2023, I'm still looking at what's on dealer lots. One, because I always armchair my deals. Did I get a good one? On this car, I think so, I bought i for well under MSRP at a time when a 1SS configured the way I wanted it when these cars are becoming scarce.

I haven't seen another 1SS land anywhere near me, and I'm starting to see a lot of 2SS cars with lots of options and dealer markups.

Truthfully, I'm excited for the next Camaro, or whatever GM plans to do with the nameplate, if anything. It could be an all-electric, AWD coupe, sedan, or blob and I'm sure it could have amazing performance. This is the future, for now, and it's very bright! It's just not the car I've pined for, for so many years. We do have a BEV in our garage, and it's very nice. It's also not a fire-breathing, ICE-Camaro.

Not going to lie...I'm a little jelly of the Ford guys. Ford continued to sell the Mustang and make it even better through the 2003-2009 disappearance of the Camaro. And they're doubling down and have committed to selling the car beyond 2028. GM has done some puzzling things in recent years. I get it...the Camaro isn't selling well, and the Alpha platform, although stellar, is getting a little long in the tooth. But some of that makes me wonder if GM missed the boat on pricing and availability along the way. The Camaro has always seemed hard to find here, at least in the Northwest, and they've been comparatively expensive.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 09:54 AM   #9
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
The Sixth-Gen Camaro Deserved Better"
" V-8 portions of the Camaro lineup haven’t seen a single mechanical upgrade since the addition of the 1LE “extreme track package” that brought a plus-sized carbon fiber wing, dive planes, grippier rubber, and F1-style suspension to the 650-horse ZL1’s order guide. That wonderful piece of kit was unveiled at Daytona… in February of 2017. Since that most recent bit of V-8 Camaro news, The Blue Oval has minted the following bent-eight Mustangs:

1. GT Performance Pack 2

2. Bullitt

3. A GT350 mechanical update for ’19

4. A GT350R refresh in ’20

5. Shelby GT500

6. Mach 1

7. S650 Generation GT

8. Dark Horse

During the same span, Dodge has outworked everyone. It’s turned the long-time also-ran into the Pony Car Michael Jordan, pending its third-consecutive annual sales title before retiring on top as a ’23 model (going into Q4, it leads the ‘Stang by 35 units):

1. SRT Demon

2. Widebody (which overlaps with several of the cars below)

3. A completely unnecessary 10-HP boost for the “standard” Hellcat that further proves how much its maker understands its target market

4. Hellcat Redeye

5. R/T Scat Pack

6. R/T Scat Pack 1320

7. Super Stock

8. Jailbreak

9. 1025 HP Demon 170

Throw in the 47-odd “Last Call” special edition Challys—not to mention the corresponding fleet of Chargers—and you really start to see how little attention the Camaro has received.

Even with the introduction of a literal world-beating track monster, 2018 was the first year that the resurrected Camaro found itself wearing a bronze medal. Rather than fighting to regain market share, General Motors all but watched from the sidelines as sales dwindled. It sent half-hearted, produce-themed “design packages” into battle with historic nameplates like “Mach 1.” Unsurprisingly, these bold tactics left the once-proud Camaro languishing on the last step of the podium in each consecutive trip around the sun."
The Sixth-Gen Camaro Deserved Better
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...served-better/
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 11:15 AM   #10
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
The Camaro SS1LE and ZL1 1LE are definitely cars people will look back on and wonder why they weren't popular. 2 of the best cars ever made off the showroom floor for track driving. Just glad I got to experience it while they are still here.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 11:18 AM   #11
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2SS455 View Post
The Sixth-Gen Camaro Deserved Better"
" V-8 portions of the Camaro lineup haven’t seen a single mechanical upgrade since the addition of the 1LE “extreme track package” that brought a plus-sized carbon fiber wing, dive planes, grippier rubber, and F1-style suspension to the 650-horse ZL1’s order guide. That wonderful piece of kit was unveiled at Daytona… in February of 2017. Since that most recent bit of V-8 Camaro news, The Blue Oval has minted the following bent-eight Mustangs:

1. GT Performance Pack 2

2. Bullitt

3. A GT350 mechanical update for ’19

4. A GT350R refresh in ’20

5. Shelby GT500

6. Mach 1

7. S650 Generation GT

8. Dark Horse

Even with the introduction of a literal world-beating track monster, 2018 was the first year that the resurrected Camaro found itself wearing a bronze medal. Rather than fighting to regain market share, General Motors all but watched from the sidelines as sales dwindled. It sent half-hearted, produce-themed “design packages” into battle with historic nameplates like “Mach 1.” Unsurprisingly, these bold tactics left the once-proud Camaro languishing on the last step of the podium in each consecutive trip around the sun."
The Sixth-Gen Camaro Deserved Better
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...served-better/
Ford and Chevy took different design philosophies. The Mustang was designed first and foremost for DD practicality and comfort (presumably first and foremost targeting sales of GT and lower moddels). Deficiencies in performance (of which there were plenty) and reliability (plat plane crank V8) provided "opportunities" to introduce revised models and 1-off special versions with small improvements, along with the requisite body panel changes to make it look like a somewhat new offering (albeit on pretty much the same chassis since 2015).

With the G6 Camaro, GM prioritized performance form the get go and (unfortunately) at the cost of practicality. When it came time to offer improvements they could and did go more extreme (1LE offerings, ZL1 powerplant), but after that there was nowhere to go with it. Couldn't really improve performance at the price point (they were already knocking it out of the park compared to the competition) and couldn't address the DD practicality issues as would have required a totally new chassis.

I'm not sad about how things turned out, because I love my SS 1LE and use it mainly as a track car. The fact that production is stopping doesn't change how awesome my car still is, and the fact that it took Ford 6-7 years just to tie the lap times of the SS 1LE (albeit by using wider, stickier tires) shows just how good it is.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 11:24 AM   #12
Rogueleader_92

Drives: Chevy camaro, Chevy cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
and couldn't address the DD practicality issues as would have required a totally new chassis.
They could have addressed the knee pad/room issue against the center console, I think all they would have had to do was remove that ridge or at least make the kneepads with some actual PADDING.

Blue 2023 Camaro, 3LT, RS.
Rogueleader_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 11:49 AM   #13
SuperSnake1972

Drives: 2020 chevrolet camaro 2SS
You all can thank Marry Barra for lackluster sales of the camaro buy not advertising and for not upgrading it's power and performance like the afore mentioned challenger and mustang. Blame it on what you will, girl cooties, girls don't like to drive big powerful cars, or they just don't understand them. Either way it's all her fault. Make me your leader and I will restore order !
SuperSnake1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 12:22 PM   #14
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSnake1972 View Post
You all can thank Marry Barra for lackluster sales of the camaro buy not advertising and for not upgrading it's power and performance like the afore mentioned challenger and mustang. Blame it on what you will, girl cooties, girls don't like to drive big powerful cars, or they just don't understand them. Either way it's all her fault. Make me your leader and I will restore order !
I wound say its not girl (woman) related at all! If I were in charge of GM, we would be building the 2024 Camaro until August! And then we would have a 2025!!!! Mary put her own financial interests over the good of the company. She'll see that error soon enough!