Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2023, 10:53 AM   #1
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Talking Dumbest thing you did to your Camaro?

I just wondered what was the dumbest nonsensical thing you did to your Camaro?

I go first of course, Well since my Nasa command center is so ugly and it is, because I made a bet at work with someone who stated that I could not get a great sound with a lot of bass from my factory radio. the bet was for $100.
Just being dumb ended up buying all kinds of shit. Rear Seat Delete, a bunch of amps 2 new AMG Batteries, a 350A Alternator, AudioControl stuff and a 12" Sub in the Trunk. Now I'm over a 150 lbs. heavier, And I just got a new Dif. geared in 3.73 in it.
I'm about to throw it all out
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2023, 10:55 AM   #2
pnewt50

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM#200 ZL1 conversion
NASA

Sorry about the NASA comment but at first glance, thats what came to mind Thats a great looking car
pnewt50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:33 AM   #3
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
I'm not a stereo guy by any means but what I like about your set-up is everything is exposed. Easier to troubleshoot wiring gremlins.
Dumbest thing with MY Camaro? NOT getting PPF on the front of my 2LS DD. After nearly 9 years of Arizona freeway driving the snout looks like a teenager with bad acne!
Old 10-25-2023, 12:06 PM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
trading my solstice in to the dealer for it cause the wife didnt want to go through the hassle of a private sale.might as well have just given it away.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 12:10 PM   #5
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Great thread! I would say hands down a 200 ft burnout when I put my new motor in & had new tires. The fronts look like they have 300 miles on them & the rears 30,000 lol.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 12:57 PM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
The dumbest thing I ever did was take my baby through an automatic touchless car wash! Misjudged the alignment of the left front tire driving in and whacked the stock wheel on the metal guide rail!! My first bout of ROAD RASH on my Camaro!! But the good thing about that is it prompted me to finally get some new aftermarket wheels! She has NEVER seen another car wash after that incident.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:59 PM   #7
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Bringing my car to juiced motorsports...
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 01:01 PM   #8
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
My car is covered in "dumb things ive done". My front splitter corners are trashed bc I take it places for work where I know I should be driving my truck. My rear bumper has a small dent bc I got terrible news on the phone while backing into a spot and tapped a light pole. My front fenders are faded because.. well, idk that one. The dumbest tho is spending almost 2k on a hood that the manufacturer and seller screwed me over when the finish went bad within 4 months but I already sold off my factory hood. For now, i call all these things "character" and when im in a better spot financially, itll all get fixed.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 01:09 PM   #9
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
My car is covered in "dumb things ive done". My front splitter corners are trashed bc I take it places for work where I know I should be driving my truck. My rear bumper has a small dent bc I got terrible news on the phone while backing into a spot and tapped a light pole. My front fenders are faded because.. well, idk that one. The dumbest tho is spending almost 2k on a hood that the manufacturer and seller screwed me over when the finish went bad within 4 months but I already sold off my factory hood. For now, i call all these things "character" and when im in a better spot financially, itll all get fixed.
Absolutely!! I forgot about the time I was backing up at my friends shop and the sun was in my eyes and didn't see the wooden fence beside the building and backed into it with a "crunch", yeah it left a nice mark on my rear bumper cover! Thanks for the reminder. lol.
Old 10-25-2023, 01:11 PM   #10
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Absolutely!! I forgot about the time I was backing up at my friends shop and the sun was in my eyes and didn't see the wooden fence beside the building and backed into it with a "crunch", yeah it left a nice mark on my rear bumper cover! Thanks for the reminder. lol.
Yeah man. I was backing into a spot but was stopped bc I answered the phone. It was a very bad phone call. I broke down, let go of the clutch and it jumped back right into the pole. talk about adding insult to injury. Now every time I see that dent, I'm reminded of that call.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 10-25-2023, 01:17 PM   #11
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
Yeah man. I was backing into a spot but was stopped bc I answered the phone. It was a very bad phone call. I broke down, let go of the clutch and it jumped back right into the pole. talk about adding insult to injury. Now every time I see that dent, I'm reminded of that call.
Oh man, that sucks!! I think I would have to get THAT one fixed just to do away with that memory!!
Old 10-25-2023, 01:51 PM   #12
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Changed the oil the very first time on my first SS and didn’t realize the V8 cars have a factory deep pan. 6qts didn’t even hit the bottom of the dipstick. I drove the car to the shop I use that isn’t really close to any stores and didn’t have any other transportation to go get oil. So I just took the Camaro and kept the Rpms under 1500 for the couple miles to Wally World. Oil psi was fine and there were never other any issues. Never made that mistake again
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 01:57 PM   #13
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Oh man, that sucks!! I think I would have to get THAT one fixed just to do away with that memory!!
Yeah, I'm kind of waiting until I can find an affordable rear GM GFX piece. I don't like any of the others. unfortunately my little love tap got the bumper and the GFX diffuser. Its been about 3 years since it happened.

Old 10-25-2023, 02:08 PM   #14
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Changed the oil the very first time on my first SS and didn’t realize the V8 cars have a factory deep pan. 6qts didn’t even hit the bottom of the dipstick. I drove the car to the shop I use that isn’t really close to any stores and didn’t have any other transportation to go get oil. So I just took the Camaro and kept the Rpms under 1500 for the couple miles to Wally World. Oil psi was fine and there were never other any issues. Never made that mistake again
Oh man, that could have turned out badly down the road! Good thing you caught that one.

Tags
dumb stuff