Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #43
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by traildevil View Post
Okay so I see this guy at walmart as im coming in, black 350z nismo, probably a 2007-2009..he revs up and leaves, then on my way home 35 mins later im passing a gas station where hes sitting doing I have no idea what...so I was a wise ass and revved my car up and drove by...next thing I know theres a car 2 cars behind me with no lights on, then pulls out and passes all of us probably doin about 90ish...gets in front of me, leaves his lights off and drives the rest of the way to the town I live in like that. Let it be known its like 840pm here and the sun sets at like 820ish. Idk just thought it was weird and that I would share it with you guys lol. Only thing I could think of was that he was jealous of my steller car vs his POS lol...JK
At first I thought you ran into a typical Nissan owner, those guys always want to run... But then I re-read things and realized you revved at him, later, after the first time you saw him.

Let me get this straight, you revved at the guy, then wondered why he blew by you at a relatively tame rate of speed expecting a race? Apparently you haven't spent very much time around people who street race, revving usually means you want to run, he was calling you out when you saw him the first time.

You got lucky all he did was drive by and keep going, IMO...

Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #44
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Okay so I see this guy at walmart as im coming in, black 350z nismo, probably a 2007-2009..he revs up and leaves, then on my way home 35 mins later im passing a gas station where hes sitting doing I have no idea what...so I was a wise ass and revved my car up and drove by...next thing I know theres a car 2 cars behind me with no lights on, then pulls out and passes all of us probably doin about 90ish...gets in front of me, leaves his lights off and drives the rest of the way to the town I live in like that. Let it be known its like 840pm here and the sun sets at like 820ish. Idk just thought it was weird and that I would share it with you guys lol. Only thing I could think of was that he was jealous of my steller car vs his POS lol...JK
I like the 350z a lot and when they first came out i wanted one.. thing looks mean, aggressive, and is somewhat affordable. then the Camaro came along and dropped a deuce on them. don't really like the 370's as much.. still a nice car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00 View Post
At first I thought you ran into a typical Nissan owner, those guys always want to run... But then I re-read things and realized you revved at him, later, after the first time you saw him.

Let me get this straight, you revved at the guy, then wondered why he blew by you at a relatively tame rate of speed expecting a race? Apparently you haven't spent very much time around people who street race, revving usually means you want to run, he was calling you out when you saw him the first time.

You got lucky all he did was drive by and keep going, IMO...

the way it reads, the 350z isn't the one that came out and blew past him. I do agree that the rev is what probably caused that event. some guy on the street happens to hear him rev and decides to fly by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Why would you whip your d!ck out at somebody just because they had their lights off? I don't blame them for getting pissed off.
idk about that, but letting someone know they don't have lights is for safety. not only for those that are running dark, but for other drivers as well.
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
this thread = fail
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #46
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shark View Post
In Denver a few years back, the gangs would drive around with their lights off and if you flashed them, they would turn around and chase you and shoot at you. I would keep one eye open while you are sleeping.
That's just an urban myth folks.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/lightsout.asp
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #47
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
this thread = fail
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #48
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
this thread = fail
Beat me to it. From Walmart to racism... this thread reminds of a Camaro thread from the 80s.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #49
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post

That is not an urban legend. The best friend's cousin of my Uncles girlfriend had that happen to them....of wait....never mind!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #50
traildevil

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS
should of seen him leave walmart.... trust me the rev wasn't the only thing that had him goin fast n the furious a-wall that night. When he left walmart, he was at a red light and punched it next too a corolla lol. i'm putting my money on pissed off teenage driver lookin to get his first ticket lol
traildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #51
EsterGrim

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS m6
Quote:
should of seen him leave walmart.... trust me the rev wasn't the only thing that had him goin fast n the furious a-wall that night. When he left walmart, he was at a red light and punched it next too a corolla lol. i'm putting my money on pissed off teenage driver lookin to get his first ticket lol
funny how a 350z did that to me at a walmart in harriman new york
EsterGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .......
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #53
FLGator75
Don't Tread on me!

Drives: 2017 Yellow Camaro RS/V-6.
Send a message via ICQ to FLGator75 Send a message via AIM to FLGator75 Send a message via Yahoo to FLGator75
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
typical walmart doushebags, stay away from walmart,, low prices, low wages and low class people, buy cheap Chinese crap and live crappy. Buy Local and break the slave chains. this corporate takeover is modern day slavery. People paid crap to sale crap.

Some people just don't know what to do for fun nowadays!
FLGator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #54
FLGator75
Don't Tread on me!

Drives: 2017 Yellow Camaro RS/V-6.
Send a message via ICQ to FLGator75 Send a message via AIM to FLGator75 Send a message via Yahoo to FLGator75
Quote:

He had better be careful or might get more than a ticket!
FLGator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #55
White Shark

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post

Oh no it's not, I only brought it up because it happened to me. Good thing those moron's can't drive in their low riders. They ended up wrapped around a telephone pole while chasing me.
White Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #56
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
I'm so envious of your halos.I
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote