Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
Slow6

Drives: 2004 GTO
2013 1ls

I'm about to buy or lease a 2013 1ls. I know what I can lease for so I am mainly looking to see how much anyone has paid lately and what you think I should pay now that the 2014's are coming out. I would like to buy before August since I just got a private offer that I have to use before then. Any advice/opinions are much appreciated, thanks.
Slow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
ichriscamaro
BlueDiamond

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE RRM
Are you buying or leasing? and the big question do you like the 2013 or 2014, personally I don't like the 2014 changes.
ichriscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Slow6

I like the 2013's. Not a big fan of 2014 tail lights. I know what I can 240 per month (plus fees) through chevys website. Looking to buy.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
You selling the GTO?
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #5
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Given what I paid for my 2LS, a 1LS should be in the 21 range. Maybe less.

I had a 1k private offer, plus I only had $1000 rebate, on a 25595 MSRP car- came out to 22300.

(Use that 1k Private Offer) the rebate increased to $1500 dollars now.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
Slow6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
You selling the GTO?
No. I've had it since last August and just hit 18k miles. I think it's something I'm going to have forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Given what I paid for my 2LS, a 1LS should be in the 21 range. Maybe less.

I had a 1k private offer, plus I only had $1000 rebate, on a 25595 MSRP car- came out to 22300.

(Use that 1k Private Offer) the rebate increased to $1500 dollars now.
Was that price out the door? How long ago did you buy?
Old 07-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
LStick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow6 View Post
No. I've had it since last August and just hit 18k miles. I think it's something I'm going to have forever.

Was that price out the door? How long ago did you buy?

3 months ago.....22300 OTD- no sales tax, as the trade-in wiped the sales tax out of the picture.

You're right where I was at 90 days ago.....time running out on Private Offer..knew what model and equipment I wanted...trying to find the right color....and I was dealing with one salesman that was trying to stall me until the last day of the month with his "dealer search"....probably in order to secure the deal for himself.

I ended up finding the car on my own on Cars.Com, driving 40 miles to that dealer , and making a much better deal than with the guy that was trying to box me into a corner.
If you are near Dayton/Springfield, these are probably your options...........

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/new/201...ion&sf2Dir=ASC

Last edited by LStick; 07-27-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I'm about to buy or lease a 2013 1ls. I know what I can lease for so I am mainly looking to see how much anyone has paid lately and what you think I should pay now that the 2014's are coming out. I would like to buy before August since I just got a private offer that I have to use before then. Any advice/opinions are much appreciated, thanks.
Hello Slow6,

It's great to hear about your eventual Camaro acquisition! Great choice! Have you taken one for a test drive?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
Slow6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello Slow6,

It's great to hear about your eventual Camaro acquisition! Great choice! Have you taken one for a test drive?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I ended up not leasing a camaro. The dealership I went to lost my sale. Tried to tell me they would do 493 per month for a 1ls when Chevy's website clearly says 239 per month plus fees/taxes with 1600 down. One loss in a sale might not seem like a big deal but that was the worst dealership experience I have ever been through.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #10
LStick

Quote:
I ended up not leasing a camaro. The dealership I went to lost my sale. Tried to tell me they would do 493 per month for a 1ls when Chevy's website clearly says 239 per month plus fees/taxes with 1600 down. One loss in a sale might not seem like a big deal but that was the worst dealership experience I have ever been through.
When I run into a "Gouger-ship", I usually regroup, dust myself off, and give it another whack somewhere else-

Last time I bought , the "gouger salesperson" had switched jobs to the dealership I was inquiring about a car at. As soon as I saw her on the online roster, I knew what the dealership was about, and it wasn't about "saving money". I knew her from a previous attempted transaction, which was a real battle of wits.
Funny thing was , the car I eventually bought was dealer traded away from there a month earlier.I laughed when I saw the window sticker.

PS- Did you try Becky to crunch some numbers?

Last edited by LStick; 08-04-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #11
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
I just paid Invoice, and received the the 1500 bonus cash, and the 1000 private offer. There are a couple of other discounts available that most people don't quailify for, such as somewhere around $500 if you currently lease a competing make. I wouldn't expect too much more than that. I think my LS was around 21800 with the IOM, cargo net, and real spare tire in place of inflator kit, before TT&Title.

Last edited by Bowtiepower00; 08-04-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Wow,

Terribly sorry to hear about that. I will definitely document the feedback that you've provided for further review. If there's anything else we can do, feel free to let me know.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
LStick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00 View Post
I just paid Invoice, and received the the 1500 bonus cash, and the 1000 private offer. There are a couple of other discounts available that most people don't quailify for, such as somewhere around $500 if you currently lease a competing make. I wouldn't expect too much more than that. I think my LS was around 21800 with the IOM, cargo net, and real spare tire in place of inflator kit, before TT&Title.

Thats a good deal.

I had a $5000.00 swing in prices from 3 different dealers.

Its called cutting through the BS and buying a car.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #14
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Thats a good deal.

I had a $5000.00 swing in prices from 3 different dealers.

Its called cutting through the BS and buying a car.
I agree, and now that I think about it, that also included $150 for window tint, which is a little high, but I wasn't going to nix the deal over it.

I'm lucky, and have an excellent salesman that works in fleet (even though I'm not a fleet customer,) I purchased a Tahoe from him a couple of years ago, and he sat me down, turned the computer screen around, and allowed me to look through everything in the southwest and narrow it down option by option, to get EXACTLY what I want. Ended up bringing in a rig from outta town on a flatbed for no additional cost.

This time around, called him, told him what I wanted, and he delivered it to me, along with the paperwork, with absolutely NO BS or crap. I never even stepped foot on a dealer lot. He knows he has a customer for life, as well as plenty of referrals, so he doesn't need to make a homerun on every sale. He is also 100% honest, and is straight up about everything both good and bad.

Best car buying experiences ever.

Anyone willing to travel to Phoenix, let me know, he works directly for the owner of several dealerships and can get ANY make but Bentley... Seriously... (Shameless plug!)

Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote