Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-13-2021, 04:49 PM   #1
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Dealer screwed up a basic tire rotation during oil change! No more dealer for me!

Title says it all.

As you all know the SS takes the 275 tires on the rear and 245 on the front so you don't do the typical rotation like most cars with same tire size. So what did the tech do at the dealer? Put the 275s on the front and the 245 on the back. I noticed the car driving funny and something looked off and when I was washing my car today notice the wrong tire sizes on the front.

I was beyond p*ssed. Called the dealer up and said I want to get in right away to correct this and how could one be so dumb? They said they were slammed and couldn't get me in to rotate the tires. Service advisor was a B**** too. When I got my oil changed she was well aware of the different tire sizes on the Camaro SS. I knew to bring this up. Dealer said I'd have to come in at 4pm tomorrow when the day is over. Unacceptable as I have to work my business.

Anyway, took it to Wal-Mart for 10 bucks they did it right away. The service techs also couldn't believe it too and noticed it just looking out the window. They all told me they've heard complaints about the local chevy dealer and said they never take their cars there. The lady at the counter said this dealer tried to bait and switch a used car on her husband too.

last time we buy a car there or get service there. They told my mom her tires were "fine" even though they clearly were well worn and almost bald.

I didn't know who to go to since moving here because I don't know a good local mechanic but I got some recommendations now. In general I hate dealers.

Pissed at the dealer that they wouldn't take me today to do a very quick fix. They told me they work on Camaros all the time and quite familiar with them.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:51 PM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
The level of competence is staggering at some of these chevy service centers.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:56 PM   #3
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
The level of competence is staggering at some of these chevy service centers.

This is just beyond stupid though.

Hey, at least I know they rotated them and didn't lie

The Hyundai dealer years ago on my dad's oil change on his Sonata didn't screw the oil filter on correctly and when I drove off the lot the oil light came on and leaking everywhere.

And then they tell me to go pound sand basically not wanting to work me in to rotate them correctly.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:01 PM   #4
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Sooo... what dealer?
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:04 PM   #5
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Sooo... what dealer?

Gettel Chevy in Punta Gorda Florida.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:27 PM   #6
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
If it was me I'd dispute the charge on my CC if paid by CC. Get your money back.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:31 PM   #7
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
plant city is too far to come for service.stingray chevy does great work.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:07 PM   #8
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
plant city is too far to come for service.stingray chevy does great work.

I recall seeing them on autotrader last sept when I was shopping. They had a lot of LT1s at a decent price which is VERY rare to find a dealer with low end model LT1s
Old 05-13-2021, 07:28 PM   #9
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Anyway, took it to Wal-Mart for 10 bucks they did it right away.
Sorry to hear about the shitty experience :(

By the way did Walmart reprogram the TPMS to show the right tire locations? A place once forgot to do it after rotating tires, or didn't have the necessary equipment to do it... I was quite surprised.

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:20 PM   #10
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
Sorry to hear about the shitty experience :(

By the way did Walmart reprogram the TPMS to show the right tire locations? A place once forgot to do it after rotating tires, or didn't have the necessary equipment to do it... I was quite surprised.

Geoff

Not sure, but the tire pressure read normal on my display.

My mom had tires put on by Wal-Mart and has an Equinox, and my Mustang had new tires by them and no issues. I check my tire pressure the old fashion way still as well.

All I know I'm not taking it back to that POS dealer again.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:26 PM   #11
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Here are a couple reviews on google for them recently posted. Someone on google reviews caught them not doing their tire rotation they requested.

Quote:
My husband and I were very happy with the service until yesterday. My husband took my Traverse to an appointment for oil change and tire rotation yesterday. They did the oil change, but didn’t do the tire rotation. The funny part is that the mechanic marked it as done/completed in his paperwork, even though he didn’t do it. How we knew that they didn’t do it?. My husband made a small cut in one of the letters of the tires before taking it to the dealer. Why?, because he suspected that something was happening in our previous visita for service. They wanted to charge my husband for the rotation and the manager didn’t realize what was happening until he asked the mechanic. The mechanic confessed that he didn’t rotate the tires. It might sound like a small thing, but now we don’t know how many times we’ve paid for something that they might have never done.

Quote:
I came in looking for a new battery for my 2019 corvette, that's 2 1/2 years old, and I was experiencing hesitation when trying to start the car. George told me to bring it back on Saturday at 8:00am and it would take 90 minutes, he also said the battery was still covered under the warranty and it would be free. upon bringing it in on saturday at 8 am we waited 4 hours for him to finally tell me that the battery tested good which 5 minutes. this action was totally unacceptable. I will be using another Chevrolet dealer for all my services and car buying in future. we didn't appreciate the run around. we received.
Quote:

Brand new 2021 camero, had oil leak, been in shop six days now, got this "how did we do" and my car is still in the shop. Really? I owned my car six days when I found oil on my floor in the garage. Let me see what they will do for me. I have lost all FAITH. They pulled the transmission to fix leak and my car is a manual transmission. Does not make sense to me.

I go a text message saying they were going to keep it over night. The shop floor foreman knew there was a leak, but did not know where it was coming from. Next day Igot a voice mail message from service that they were going to keep my car for a while because they had to pull the transmission as the leak was between to big pieces. Then no call or text until my husband called them.

Apparently we are not good enough to keep in the loop and we have to call them. Then service writer calls at 4 on Friday night and says it will not be done for the weekend.

I called sales manager told him I lost all faith in the car. Never in all the cars that I have purchased have I had issues like this in a new car. First service has been oil change. I told him I wanted a different car like the one I bought new replaced or an extended warranty. I also told him I wanted it detailed as it was never done properly on the day I purchased my car. Then I told them I wanted the $50 I lost when I did not make my window tinting appointment.

Of course, I am still waiting to hear back. Very disgruntled customer. No return calls, no follow through, still don't have car. At this point it has been for almost a week. Guess they think money grows on trees and they do not care about their customers.

Really sending "how did we do" and they still have my car and still not fixed.
Quote:

Should really be negative stars. Had to wait a week for an oil change appointment. After 1.5 hours they wanted to charge me $229 for a battety that was under warranty. When they said car was done, there was a window error. They didn't program things after the battery replacement. How do you give someone a vehicle with an error code 3x3 inches big. Very disappointing.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #12
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Walmart now has better service than the local Chevy techs... what is happening
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:56 PM   #13
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Walmart now has better service than the local Chevy techs... what is happening

I think it's dealer by dealer basis but based on the reviews the last 6 months at my local dealer they're pretty shoddy. Also not rotating tires customers paid for.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:04 PM   #14
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
This is EXACTLY why I do as much of my own maintenance as possible, I didn't even use my "free" oil changes from the dealer after I bought my SS, saving $100 wasn't worth the risk of some knuckle-head tech that doesn't know anything about a Camaro or LT1 engine...

Hell, I even went out and bought an $1,100 QuickJack to help out on the Camaro (and rest of the cars, also have ramps)... (I've been doing my own maintenance on my cars for decades... Wife has even helped out changing alternators on the kid's Santa Fe when I've needed and extra hand... Grease up to her elbows!)

Got tired of using Homer Buckets as jack stands...

I keeed, I keeed... Here is "The Rest of the Story..." (just the calipers were on the buckets)

Oh, and my wife that helped with the alternator replacement on the Santa Fe, yeah she also suggested baking my rotors (after I painted the top hats black) in our kitchen oven!!! (I originally had them sitting on my driveway in the sun hoping for a little "bake"...)

I think she might be a keeper! (been together 33 years)

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote