#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-15-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Lift Pads, How Important?

I’ve seen and heard things about the “Lift Pads” from ZL1addons but I’m just curious how necessary previous owners feel they are. My car will only be in the air at the dealer and for PPF in order to get the wheels off to be sprayed along with callipers.
19Nasty1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
Not so much the pads but the location of lifting. Dealers and shops will often lift in the wrong place. U have to remind whoever u take it to. I feel the pads reinforce to them to lift it per the manual. There have been several posts of damage from lifting in the wrong location including at the dealerships
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
These x 4
One of these packs.
And some basic epoxy.
Done deal.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:13 PM   #4
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
The pads are great, I have them on my ZL1 1LE to enable me to use a Bendpak low rise lift in my garage for easy wheel changes, brake pads and basic underside inspection. Without them there was no great solution without risk of bending, squishing or cracking stuff. On the back I had to modify the factory cutout and mount them further forward on the pinch weld because the lift decks didnt reach back to the rear location in the cutout.

And now at the track I can easily use my jack, and the ZL1 mag puck adapter, to lift car from rear factory cutout location and then place a jack stand under the lift pad in the new spot
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:30 PM   #5
fosterelli

I slotted some hockey pucks. Didn't like it. Now I have the lift pads installed from ZL1. They're okay. Still not what I want. I'm using a 2-post 12K Rotary lift.
fosterelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
I'm thinking about this too... Do you just put the lift pads on the car and leave them there indefinitely?

Are the magnets strong enough? I'm not sure I want to use epoxy, it sounds a little too permanent.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #7
angryBits

https://zl1addons.com/collections/ja...-on-for-camaro

Those look good. They bolt on.

Slightly pricey.

EDIT: Just bought these -- I'll post pics when they come in.

Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500

Last edited by angryBits; 02-15-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:32 PM   #8
fosterelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I'm thinking about this too... Do you just put the lift pads on the car and leave them there indefinitely?

Are the magnets strong enough? I'm not sure I want to use epoxy, it sounds a little too permanent.
I think the links above are to epoxy the hockey pucks to the magnetic lifting pads, therefore making them taller. Then you use the assembled pieces on your lift/jack to lift on the proper points. Not permanently mounted.

The ones from ZL1addons use allen head set screws to hold onto the pinch welds. They're a bit of a hassle to mount but mine haven't fallen off or loosened up in 600 miles. And if you need to use a jack you may need the jack adapter, I haven't looked closely since I have a lift.

I'm currently debating Race Ramps as I'm makeshifting my own ramps with boxes to get high enough for my lift's arms to go under the front.
fosterelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:36 PM   #9
angryBits

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterelli View Post
I think the links above are to epoxy the hockey pucks to the magnetic lifting pads, therefore making them taller. Then you use the assembled pieces on your lift/jack to lift on the proper points. Not permanently mounted.

The ones from ZL1addons use allen head set screws to hold onto the pinch welds. They're a bit of a hassle to mount but mine haven't fallen off or loosened up in 600 miles. And if you need to use a jack you may need the jack adapter, I haven't looked closely since I have a lift.

I'm currently debating Race Ramps as I'm makeshifting my own ramps with boxes to get high enough for my lift's arms to go under the front.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #10
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterelli View Post

It's always good to have race ramps (I do) in case you need to flatbed your car and you can't find an articulated flatbed to get the low angle to avoid scraping, when you need it
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:14 PM   #11
Can'tHave2MuchHP

The lift points and Jack Pads are two different things. If you use the Lift Points, jack stand use is kind of sketchy and you'll still need a Jack Pad (something like what I've linked above) to use for the jacking. If you just get 4 jack pads or the setup I've listed above, then you can both jack with them and put the 4 of them on (the magnet is strong enough to hold but would NOT drive with the Jack Pads on) to use with a 4 point/two post lift. Basically, I recommend either the setup I linked OR getting 4 ZL1 Addons jack pads ($$$). The Lift Points, which are the aluminum blocks that stay on, are not ideal in my opinion but they're certainly nice to just put on and leave for dealers.

Here's another thread that I started on it: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521949
Old 02-15-2019, 06:40 PM   #12
Moniker

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
The lift points and Jack Pads are two different things. If you use the Lift Points, jack stand use is kind of sketchy and you'll still need a Jack Pad (something like what I've linked above) to use for the jacking. If you just get 4 jack pads or the setup I've listed above, then you can both jack with them and put the 4 of them on (the magnet is strong enough to hold but would NOT drive with the Jack Pads on) to use with a 4 point/two post lift. Basically, I recommend either the setup I linked OR getting 4 ZL1 Addons jack pads ($$$). The Lift Points, which are the aluminum blocks that stay on, are not ideal in my opinion but they're certainly nice to just put on and leave for dealers.

Here's another thread that I started on it: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521949
When a Chev dealer lifts the car with a hoist where are the correct lifting points?
Moniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #13
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
When a Chev dealer lifts the car with a hoist where are the correct lifting points?
Let's just say that I doubt many have lifting pad setups...The car can be lifted by a 2 post/4 point lift from other points with blocks of wood IF it's lifted at the same time. It cannot be JACKED from one point at a time like that but it can be lifted. There have been threads on this and somebody complained and took it to a bodyshop and it tested out perfectly. I personally have lifted my car with and without them and it was absolutely fine either way. My techs have proper lifting tools at their disposal for peace of mind.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:33 PM   #14
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
I have a set of 4 ZL1 addons lift pads already on my car. I got 4 more on my work bench that I am going to install so that if I’m forced to use a floor jack I have two points adjacent to each other (one for the floor jack and one next to it for the jack stand).

After my debacle last fall with the car sliding off the floor jack I’m not taking any chances.

I even went out and got me a quick jack...... by the way, those Zl1 addons jack pads work great in concert with the quick jack.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote