Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-22-2021, 01:27 PM   #155
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
If anyone is interested, Next-Gen Speed just released their CF, 6th Gen ZL1-1LE Spoiler/Wing. Only difference, it has the gloss black stanchions.
Talked to the owner this morning and made a purchase with a delivery date, the week of March 20. Less than a month!

PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:36 PM   #156
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1_things View Post
Well I just got notice from Phastek that my wing is being shipped through Pilot Freight. Anyone else have their wing ship through them? I was hoping to find out if there is anything I need to do other than just wait for the delivery date to show up.
mine came from Pilot. They were cool
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:23 PM   #157
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
If anyone is interested, Next-Gen Speed just released their CF, 6th Gen ZL1-1LE Spoiler/Wing. Only difference, it has the gloss black stanchions.
Talked to the owner this morning and made a purchase with a delivery date, the week of March 20. Less than a month!

I wont lie, it looks good. If I wasnt so into it time wise with Anderson, id probably be looking at that one. But by the time I canceled and ordered that one, my anderson would be shipping.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:16 PM   #158
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Well I just got notice from Phastek that my wing is being shipped through Pilot Freight. Anyone else have their wing ship through them? I was hoping to find out if there is anything I need to do other than just wait for the delivery date to show up.
Mine was shipped by Pilot Freight to GA, no issues with the shipment other than it was slow.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:39 PM   #159
zl1_things

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Mine was shipped by Pilot Freight to GA, no issues with the shipment other than it was slow.

Good to know.

I just checked the tracking info again and this time instead of saying "tracking info not found", it said an appointment needed to be scheduled. Not sure if all of the shipments thru Pilot need this, but just a heads up for others in the future. The instructions that Phastek sent about taking delivery didn't include this info.

Got exactly 1 week left til it gets here.
zl1_things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:44 PM   #160
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Good to know.

I just checked the tracking info again and this time instead of saying "tracking info not found", it said an appointment needed to be scheduled. Not sure if all of the shipments thru Pilot need this, but just a heads up for others in the future. The instructions that Phastek sent about taking delivery didn't include this info.

Got exactly 1 week left til it gets here.
Most freight companies will try to call and schedule a delivery. I honestly can't remember if Pilot did or not for my spoiler though, I think they just delivered it and dropped it off, could have been due to COVID though.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:56 PM   #161
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Quote:

Glad you were able to find something comparable to the AC wing without breaking the bank. If my wing comes in damaged again then I might consider the Next-Gen wing. Are the dimensions the same as oem?
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:23 PM   #162
PROMETHEUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSallday View Post
Glad you were able to find something comparable to the AC wing without breaking the bank. If my wing comes in damaged again then I might consider the Next-Gen wing. Are the dimensions the same as oem?
Yes.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #163
zl1_things

Ok so I wasn't supposed to get my wing til Monday March 1, but I just happened to be home today when it just showed up.

Took delivery from a couple of delivery people that didn't speak much, if any English at all. Had to "motion" to him to wait while I opened the box. Once I started looking at I found a couple of the stanchions had some minor cracking, I told the driver to note that it was damaged and that I would be accepting it with them noting said damage. Whether or not this happened or they even understood what I said I don't know. I am pretty sure that pilot farmed out the actual delivery to another company as the unmarked box truck with the exception graffiti all over it doesn't appear to be a "pilot" brand lol. Also it wasn't packaged badly, but it wasn't nice and tight in the box, you could hear it flop a bit from side to side.

It's not as bad as some of the other wings we have seen on here but it still has cracks. Other than those cracks on the 2 stanchions it is flawless... sucks since it looks so good every where else.

I sent an email off to Phastek per there instructions to see what will happen or what options they are willing to provide.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:03 PM   #164
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Dude how hard is it for them to spray foam around the entire product inside the box like most manufacturers do.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:45 AM   #165
PROMETHEUS

Quote:
Ok so I wasn't supposed to get my wing til Monday March 1, but I just happened to be home today when it just showed up.

Took delivery from a couple of delivery people that didn't speak much, if any English at all. Had to "motion" to him to wait while I opened the box. Once I started looking at I found a couple of the stanchions had some minor cracking, I told the driver to note that it was damaged and that I would be accepting it with them noting said damage. Whether or not this happened or they even understood what I said I don't know. I am pretty sure that pilot farmed out the actual delivery to another company as the unmarked box truck with the exception graffiti all over it doesn't appear to be a "pilot" brand lol. Also it wasn't packaged badly, but it wasn't nice and tight in the box, you could hear it flop a bit from side to side.

It's not as bad as some of the other wings we have seen on here but it still has cracks. Other than those cracks on the 2 stanchions it is flawless... sucks since it looks so good every where else.

I sent an email off to Phastek per there instructions to see what will happen or what options they are willing to provide.

Dam, sorry to see another damaged wing via shipping. I guess AC could really care less about how many wings are getting damaged. It would take a minimal amount of effort to increase their packaging process to eliminate the void in the box. IMHO that is what is causing the damage! Hopefully you will get a replacement soon. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:44 PM   #166
zl1_things

Quote:
Dam, sorry to see another damaged wing via shipping. I guess AC could really care less about how many wings are getting damaged. It would take a minimal amount of effort to increase their packaging process to eliminate the void in the box. IMHO that is what is causing the damage! Hopefully you will get a replacement soon. Good luck.

Yeah, to be honest I think even without the addition of extra packing the wing should be able to handle some bumps along the way. But, why not just add the extra packing to be sure nothing happens to it.

What I am more worried about is the resin being mixed too "hot" and this is not a packaging issue as much as it's a "brittle" resin issue. Which would make sense as to why the wings crack from minor impacts during shipping. The box has no visible damage that would make me think it was banging around a lot, which further makes me think the resin was mixed too hot. But as I said, the wing did flop around a bit inside the box.

I still haven't heard back from Phastek yet, but it's been less than 24 hours since I sent that email to them. Part of me wants to keep it and just add some resin into the cracks, but also I don't want to pay full price and wait 6 months for something that isn't perfect. lol dam thing looks fantastic just sitting here in my living room tho!
Old 02-26-2021, 08:31 PM   #167
PROMETHEUS

Too expensive for them not to come in.....perfect!
FYI - If you send it back don't be surprised if you are waiting weeks for a replacement. When they told me 8, it was time for me to move on!
Old 02-27-2021, 02:28 PM   #168
zl1_things

Quote:
Too expensive for them not to come in.....perfect!
FYI - If you send it back don't be surprised if you are waiting weeks for a replacement. When they told me 8, it was time for me to move on!

I totally agree it should be perfect.

Also yes I know about the wait time, I have been paying close attention to your and SSallday replacement problems. So I am really not looking forward to that.

Still no word from Phastek yet.

I will continue to update here just to let other's know.