Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-24-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
COmaro

Drives: Many
2LT V6 1LE - $30K

cars.com says that a dealer in Dallas called Friendly Chevrolet has four loaded (including Recaros) 2017 2LT 1LE V6 Camaros for $30K each.

Has anyone ever dealt with them? They have pretty crappy reviews. I'm in Colorado and don't need the headache of dealing with a scam dealership 1000 miles away, but that is tempting. The MSRP is $44K. I love the V6 1LE.
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:25 PM   #2
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
They all are loaded including sunroof - I am looking for one for my son, but, a sunroof is a no go for a helmet and our height. Recaros are fine, but, with a harness bar and harnesses, don't care if they are there or not. They have three left now (HBM, black, and white), and all were built early in November 2016. So, with their age, if there is damage like flat spotted tires, etc., GM won't typically cover it under warranty due to lot-rot.

As far as a dealer, they had all kinds of leftover 2015 Z28's at the end of 2016 when I was deciding what to buy. They had a couple with run down batteries with windows either down or partially down - getting rained in day after day up by the showroom. They also had another four or five in the parking garage, all with dead batteries covered with birdcrap and dust. The batteries were so low, they could not jump start a single one for us to go drive. We pointed this out to one of the manager level guys - came back a Sunday or two later to look around without getting hassled - they had not bothered with addressing those. Sad.

Not saying these leftover V6 1LE's will have been treated in the same poor way, but, based on my past history, I would not be surprised if they look like a mess based on how long they have been there. For the price, there are 17 SS 1LE's with low miles that are selling for low 30's.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Sounds to good to be true but I'm a pessimist by nature.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
To the OP, have you called them up and just confirmed the pricing? Good deals are out there. I got a fully loaded 2017 2SS for $36k brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
They all are loaded including sunroof - I am looking for one for my son, but, a sunroof is a no go for a helmet and our height. Recaros are fine, but, with a harness bar and harnesses, don't care if they are there or not. They have three left now (HBM, black, and white), and all were built early in November 2016. So, with their age, if there is damage like flat spotted tires, etc., GM won't typically cover it under warranty due to lot-rot.
Don't get me wrong, not trying to hassle you or nothin, but in general I believe the roof height between the sunroof cars and non sunroof cars are the same. The only thing you will need to worry about is the integrity of the glass, but the roof itself does not lose integrity just because the sunroof. The frame (of which supports the roof) between both is virtually the same and not in the location of the sunroof in either model. The sunroof is also made of tampered glass.

Also regarding lot-rot.. I'm not so sure this is true. Technically the dealer is responsible for any damage to the vehicle prior to purchase under the terms of any warranty as the car is not sold "As Is" but brand new as should the condition of the vehicle be. If you spot these issues, nails in tires, flats, ect.. and you havent yet signed any papers... its a dealer issue... There's also bumper to bumper coverage that covers any defects in the vehicle up to 36k miles which is well in effect at purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
As far as a dealer, they had all kinds of leftover 2015 Z28's at the end of 2016 when I was deciding what to buy. They had a couple with run down batteries with windows either down or partially down - getting rained in day after day up by the showroom. They also had another four or five in the parking garage, all with dead batteries covered with birdcrap and dust. The batteries were so low, they could not jump start a single one for us to go drive. We pointed this out to one of the manager level guys - came back a Sunday or two later to look around without getting hassled - they had not bothered with addressing those. Sad.

Not saying these leftover V6 1LE's will have been treated in the same poor way, but, based on my past history, I would not be surprised if they look like a mess based on how long they have been there. For the price, there are 17 SS 1LE's with low miles that are selling for low 30's.
This will likely be the case, and is expected. Many people expect dealerships to maintain a level of car enthusiasm as we have while in reality, most salesman have like 5 to 10% of the knowledge of a car as we as consumers who actively research them do. The dealership see's the car as an asset, to make money. Not as a hobby or a passion. Their goal is to kick as many cars off that lot as possible in the cheapest means possible...thats how they stay in business...their goal is to make money. Unless they see that a buyer is ready to sign papers, they're not going to go through battery after battery (each will eventually be drained while the car is just sitting there) while waiting on a potential buyer, same for car washes...that stuff costs them money, and multiply that for every single car on their lot, it becomes infeasible. unless someone's committed to buying it... they don't care about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
Likely...but it wouldnt hurt to call them to find out.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:17 PM   #5
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
To the OP, have you called them up and just confirmed the pricing? Good deals are out there. I got a fully loaded 2017 2SS for $36k brand new.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to hassle you or nothin, but in general I believe the roof height between the sunroof cars and non sunroof cars are the same. The only thing you will need to worry about is the integrity of the glass, but the roof itself does not lose integrity just because the sunroof. The frame (of which supports the roof) between both is virtually the same and not in the location of the sunroof in either model. The sunroof is also made of tampered glass.

Also regarding lot-rot.. I'm not so sure this is true. Technically the dealer is responsible for any damage to the vehicle prior to purchase under the terms of any warranty as the car is not sold "As Is" but brand new as should the condition of the vehicle be. If you spot these issues, nails in tires, flats, ect.. and you havent yet signed any papers... its a dealer issue... There's also bumper to bumper coverage that covers any defects in the vehicle up to 36k miles which is well in effect at purchase.

This will likely be the case, and is expected. Many people expect dealerships to maintain a level of car enthusiasm as we have while in reality, most salesman have like 5 to 10% of the knowledge of a car as we as consumers who actively research them do. The dealership see's the car as an asset, to make money. Not as a hobby or a passion. Their goal is to kick as many cars off that lot as possible in the cheapest means possible...thats how they stay in business...their goal is to make money. Unless they see that a buyer is ready to sign papers, they're not going to go through battery after battery (each will eventually be drained while the car is just sitting there) while waiting on a potential buyer, same for car washes...that stuff costs them money, and multiply that for every single car on their lot, it becomes infeasible. unless someone's committed to buying it... they don't care about it.

Likely...but it wouldnt hurt to call them to find out.
Sunroof cars have a headliner lower by an inch or so with the assembly housing mounted below bottom side of the roof panel. Outside roof height is not the concern.

Paint damage, interior fading, high performance tires flat spotting or cracking (think Trofeo R, Goodyear G3 / G3R, etc.) due to vehicles languishing outside in freezing weather, hot sun, etc. - those are not the OEM's fault and should not be ethically warrantied to them. Not saying that there has never been a warranty claim on stuff like that - doesn't make it right. The dealer should eat those costs.

As far as "lot rot", straight from a dealer service bulletin (09-00-89-002O) Properly Maintaining Vehicles in Dealer Inventory:

Dealers are responsible for the storage and proper care of new vehicles held in dealer inventory until they are delivered to the customer. Extra care and attention to detail should be taken to make sure vehicles that have spent longer times in dealer inventory are properly delivered to the customer with no product issues (such as stall/no start issues due to improper battery maintenance or vehicle vibration due to tire flat spotting). Damage or deterioration, resulting from improper storage, is not to be covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. For more information, refer to the Transportation, Vehicle Storage and PDI Policy Manual - Section 2.1 New Vehicle storage.

Most customers consider the condition of their vehicle at the time of delivery as a direct reflection of the dealership and potentially the amount of care and excellence the service department will deliver or not in the future.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #6
Saywhaat04

Drives: 2014 Ford Fusion
I've been trying to close the deal on a Camaro with Friendly for the past two weeks. I would not recommend them. I know Im new to posting in this forum but I'm not new here.

I wanted the Blue one they have...the price was supposed to be $29,999 (As advertised) I was working with David Mata over there at Friendly. I had my pre-approval lined up and even got State farm to quote me on some insurance for the 1LE. I submitted the reference number from Capital One to David and was instantly given an interest rate that was almost 3 percent higher than the pre-approval I got thru Cap One. I was told because I already have an open loan with Cap One that the interest rate would be higher. I didn't believe David or the finance manager so I called Capital One myself.

Turns out that David and the finance manager submitted an application for $38000...added Texas taxes (I live in South Carolina and we only pay $500 up front max for sales taxes) and some other items to jack up price which in turn would jack up the interest rate.

Even after getting that incorrect information from capital one, the interest rate the rep told me that she had was still 1.9 percent lower than what David and his finance manager told me. So not only did the submit an application for the wrong amount purposely, but the jacked the rate even higher than Capital One admitted to.

So I emailed David...he responded last Friday and told me he would have everything worked out by Saturday... haven't heard a word from him since. Promised he'd get me the same price at the original interest rate...again, he has not called or emailed me.

Today a sales manager calls me and wants to talk to me about why I didn't purchase the car. Saying he didn't undestand what went wrong. I explain to him the situation and instead of trying to fix it or apologizing he asks what he has to do to sale the car. Slimy. I tell him that even if the car was free I wouldn't want it at this point.

It's a shame really cause I do like the car but I refuse to deal with shady dealerships. Friendly is without question shady!

Their communication is downright terrible and they will tell you lies that you, yourself can easily fact check.

Avoid em. Those Camaros have been sitting there for a a reason. The online reviews are terrible...but they are accurate. I speak from experience.
Saywhaat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:00 AM   #7
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
I got a 2018 base LS 1LE for $28,000 - a $5000 reduction from the $33,000 sticker price. Considering that the 2017 2LT will soon be a two year old car, unless you really want nearly all the 2LT options it comes with, I don't think $30k on a 2017 is worth traveling 1000 miles for, particularly if the dealership is difficult.

I anticipate that in the future, used V6 Camaros will be purchased by three types of buyers: those who want the cheapest one possible (in good condition), those who want the cheapest fully loaded one, and low-budget tracks rats who want the lowest price 1LE. Used 1LE buyers probably won't value the options much. In a matter of years, I suspect a used 2LT 1LE Camaro will only be worth a little more than an LS 1LE.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:30 AM   #8
Kairles

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
https://www.friendlychevy.com/new/Ch...84783f858e.htm

Same price I got my LS 1LE for last December.
Kairles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:00 PM   #9
BigGuy81
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to BigGuy81 Send a message via AIM to BigGuy81 Send a message via Yahoo to BigGuy81
$30k buys a used SS.
BigGuy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:05 PM   #10
Mpsmith1

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
I’m skeptical, but not pessimistic. Pessimism means you can’t believe anything good can happen and see the worst in everything. That seems sad and doubt you are that way. I bet you are skeptical too. :-)
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote