Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 03-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #253
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I guess buying your wife or girlfriend a boobjob and a facelift to make her look like a faster newer model is the same thing, those women that have those attributes naturally get upset because those other women are now posers...
Old 03-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #254
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Wow. This has to be the most pointless, idiotic thread I have ever read on C5. This even surpasses the "What color should I pick?" threads.

OP, how could you not think that you would not come off looking like some elitist prick with your original post? Don't get me wrong; I think cloning is lame, if that's the intent. I hardly think that's the typical case. Most just want to make their cars their own.

Evidently you're only "FINALLYSATISFIED" if everyone shells out the cash that you had to to buy your precious ZL1. Not interested. You're still driving a mass-produced Chevrolet. Congrats; you're my hero.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #255
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
I know Im going to regret this but, here it goes.....
I understand what the OP is saying. Now first off, I know what someone else does to their car is no concern of mine. Its their car, its their money so.... whatever. But... in my opinion there is a big difference in customizing your car and cloning your car. Now I think its great for anyone to customize their ride and "make it their own". And if there were no companies out there that offered custom parts for your car and the only way you could change your cars looks was to order factory parts from a higher model version of your car then thats what you would have to do. But there are hundreds of companies that offer everything under the sun for our cars!!! Just look here on C5, there are many,many cars on here that look as good or better than a ZL1,and they didnt use any ZL1 parts.
But for the people who go and slap every available ZL1 part on their car and try to say they are customizing... Give me a break!! Your trying to make your car look like something its not. Im not saying, dont do it...But just call it what it is!! Its your car,its your money, do what you want. but be honest.
I didnt mean to offend anyone and Im sorry if I did. Bottm line is that some people, right or wrong, are always going to try and act like they have something they dont,and that ok. Im not going to loose any sleep over worring about someone trying to make their V6 look like my ZL1. But if you like a car so much that your willing to spend lots of money trying to make your car look like it, then just admit it. One more thing. My hat is off to all the people on C5 that REALLY customize the ride. Some of your awesome rides put my ZL1 to shame!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #256
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

So is just using one or two ZL1 factory parts on your car to enhance its appearance ok? As long as you don't put everything on it? Like the grill or ZL1 style hood insert? How about just adding a ZL1 rear spoiler? I consider that personalizing or customizing myself.
Didn't GM use a few ZL1 parts in customizing the Hot Wheels car?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #257
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Man, its all "OK". My post is just my opinion. Anybody can do whatever they want to their own car. Im sure in no position to tell anyone what to do with their car.... unless Im paying for it!!

Last edited by alyssasdad; 03-20-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #258
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Wow. This has to be the most pointless, idiotic thread I have ever read on C5. This even surpasses the "What color should I pick?" threads.

OP, how could you not think that you would not come off looking like some elitist prick with your original post? Don't get me wrong; I think cloning is lame, if that's the intent. I hardly think that's the typical case. Most just want to make their cars their own.

Evidently you're only "FINALLYSATISFIED" if everyone shells out the cash that you had to to buy your precious ZL1. Not interested. You're still driving a mass-produced Chevrolet. Congrats; you're my hero.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
I guess any person that sees where I'm coming from is an idiot. What does that make you for responding to such a idiotic, pointless post? Suprise suprise! An idiot.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #259
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I think that every ZL1 should have to be a different color and no color that is offered on the sub par Camaros.

That way I can say look at me I got the only one in the world so I am the best.

The statement above makes about as much sense as getting your panties in a bunch because someone wants a ZL1 bumper on their ride. WGAF
Old 03-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #260
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I'm using the Hotwheels grille and spoiler.

And then ask me if I give a f**k whether you give a f**k about my mods. I can guarantee that every mod you ever do to your car, there's at least one person that finds issue with it.

I, for one, enjoy looking at other people's cars and their mods. Especially Camaros. I could care less if it's a genuine car or not. Often the mods aren't what I'd like to do to my car personally, but I can appreciate it.

As mentioned, GM has already made it extremely difficult to clone the whole car, but I don't see an issue about putting on a front end or spoiler to make it look how you like (technically, the ZL1 convertible stole the spoiler from the SS convertible anyway, if you want to talk about being a poser...)

If the regular Camaros came with the front end the ZL1 did I the first place, nobody would try to do a nose conversion. But who wants a silly mail slot?

A couple of years from now, this entire thread will look pretty stupid. I have a 2002 Camaro SS and even when new, I never cared if anyone put the SS specific parts on their car. In fact, I helped others out by obtaining SLP parts using my VIN and selling them to other people that wanted them for the price I paid, like CME stuff and blackwing CAI. And there were some that weinered then about others putting on the hoods and stuff "cloning" their sacred SS. Who worries about that now?

So you wrote a check for your ZL1. What you do with your car is your business. I wrote a check for ZL1 parts. What I do with them is my business.

I do understand where FinallySatisfied is coming from, though. But worrying about silly things such as this makes you gray faster.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #261
gafool

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM
Sub par camaros? in the words of Buford T Justice... holddd it! wait a min! im glad those that can afford a zl1, but if you are that snotty, or consider yourself better than others then please all of you "zl1" owners can make your own site? sub par? we dont need nor want you here. i hope gm continues making all of their cars just the way they are, i respect all car owners ford, chevy, dodge, etc.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #262
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I guess any person that sees where I'm coming from is an idiot. What does that make you for responding to such a idiotic, pointless post? Suprise suprise! An idiot.
I agree! this thread is stupid !!!! stop worrying about other people cars and what they do to it!! if you so concerned about clones put on your car,,THE ZL1!!........seems to me intelligent s is not the issue here...its obvious that a mature spoiled brat doesn't like other people copying his car
Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #263
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Remember the old saying, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", you should be flattered someone what's to imitate your car not be resentful...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #264
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
Why not just stop making Camaros that cost an arm and a leg?

Seriously, the Camaro used to be the "working man's" muscle car. Now if you want 400+ hp, you're going to spend a minimum of $36k.

Yes the ZL1 is an awesome car, but the average Joe can't afford $60k+.

If cloning can get you the ZL1 look and save you $30-40k, I say knock yourself out.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #265
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
I don't do the clone ish....I strive to make mine different from everyone else's and make it as fast as I can afford! At present I would blow the doors off of a ZL-1 on tha straight track....... and as for a road course, it's not all on the car, it mostly depends on the driver. With all that said.....pretty soon a ZL-1 will be like an Anus....everyone will have one...lol! J/K.....it's not that serious homey!
"pretty soon a ZL-1 will be like an Anus....everyone will have one"
Nice quote, our camaro's are falling in line with this quote as I see many on the road now. But hey more smiles on peoples faces, izzzzzz nice!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #266
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special

Closed Thread