Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #127
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12ZL1 View Post
my 2012 ZL1 had numerous issues leaving me stranded on the road. ecu code,bcm code,o2 code,stabilitrak code,air flow code etc after installing a throttle body. dealer could never duplicate so finally I got the stabilitrak code for the tenth time called onstar and they logged it. Faulty ecu was the issue. In total I have replaced battery,02 sensor,ecu,and supercharger/pully too many for a car at the time with only 28,000 miles. car ran rough so I decided to install LT's and a tune and car runs better than it ever had from GM. It seems GM cares more about key fobs than the the real issues i've been reading about people having with their Camaro's. one poor guy had his ZL1 at the dealer for over three months. The fix buy back his car and make him pay msrp for a new 2016 SS. If I experience anymore issues with mine I'll be buying a Challenger and it kills me to say it.
Hate to hear about your troubles. Those kind of problems are not the norm with these cars.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:19 PM   #128
RAMTechRob

Drives: 2016 Camaro White 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12ZL1 View Post
my 2012 ZL1 had numerous issues leaving me stranded on the road. ecu code,bcm code,o2 code,stabilitrak code,air flow code etc after installing a throttle body. dealer could never duplicate so finally I got the stabilitrak code for the tenth time called onstar and they logged it. Faulty ecu was the issue. In total I have replaced battery,02 sensor,ecu,and supercharger/pully too many for a car at the time with only 28,000 miles. car ran rough so I decided to install LT's and a tune and car runs better than it ever had from GM. It seems GM cares more about key fobs than the the real issues i've been reading about people having with their Camaro's. one poor guy had his ZL1 at the dealer for over three months. The fix buy back his car and make him pay msrp for a new 2016 SS. If I experience anymore issues with mine I'll be buying a Challenger and it kills me to say it.

Haha, I got rid of my Challenger to buy a Camaro. No more Dodges for me. Alternators, door handles, tranny, overheating, and finally a $800 bill to fix a passenger door that wouldn't open.
RAMTechRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #129
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMTechRob View Post
Haha, I got rid of my Challenger to buy a Camaro. No more Dodges for me. Alternators, door handles, tranny, overheating, and finally a $800 bill to fix a passenger door that wouldn't open.
Ouch!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #130
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
I am just wondering if there are any outside tuners that dont modify the ECM? On my Motorcycle, and Snowmobile I use a Power Commander. It plugs into the stock ECU and modifies the timing and fuel after the stock ECU so you dont overwrite the tune. I would think that this is undetectable. I am thinking of like a Bullydog or something similar? My Seadoo I overwrote the tune as it is out of warranty anyway and this way seems cheaper and easier. The Power Commander isnt bad though.
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:27 AM   #131
tekkin5

Drives: camaro
well

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That's exactly why I bought a ZL1 over modding an SS like everyone always likes to say.

I would rather have the factory power and maintain the warranty than to take a new car and be on the hook if something fails on a modded one.
Not everyone can afford ZL1
tekkin5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tune, void warranty, warranty