Old 08-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #15
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Looks sick!!

The SS sedan doesn't even compare.
So you would rather look good rather than be good? Got it.

I'm continually amazed by people whom are swayed by a slick design and high hp and feel those things are all that matters in a performance car. The SRT Charger weighs 4365 lbs (3,975 lbs for the SS) and will never handle like the Chevy b/c of it's front-heavy unbalanced weight.

As I mentioned, the Charger's larger Hemi engine has the power advantage, with 55 hp and 55 lb-ft more tq than the SS LS3 415/415. The Dodge, on the other hand, weighs nearly 400 pounds more; with that, the power-to-weight ratio evens out dramatically. Brake specs are essentially identical. The Charger offers adaptive suspension. The SS has an extra gear in its automatic, a bit more tire, more standard equipment and $2,000 price edge.

The SS Performance sedan far outperforms the SRT Charger in nearly every single way and you say the Chevy doesn't compare?

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #16
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
So you would rather look good rather than be good? Got it.

I'm continually amazed by people whom are swayed by a slick design and high hp and feel those things are all that matters in a performance car. The SRT Charger weighs 4365 lbs (3,975 lbs for the SS) and will never handle like the Chevy b/c of it's front-heavy unbalanced weight.

As I mentioned, the Charger's larger Hemi engine has the power advantage, with 55 hp and 55 lb-ft more tq than the SS LS3 415/415. The Dodge, on the other hand, weighs nearly 400 pounds more; with that, the power-to-weight ratio evens out dramatically. Brake specs are essentially identical. The Charger offers adaptive suspension. The SS has an extra gear in its automatic, a bit more tire, more standard equipment and $2,000 price edge.

The SS Performance sedan far outperforms the SRT Charger in nearly every single way and you say the Chevy doesn't compare?
You gotta be kidding me with this logic. The interior and the exterior alone on a srt>>>>>>>>>>>>
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #17
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
You gotta be kidding me with this logic. The interior and the exterior alone on a srt>>>>>>>>>>>>
Yeah, I get it, you love the way the Dodge looks, fabulous. To say the interior of the Dodge is better than the Chevy though? Well then I would have to advise that you have no idea what you're speaking of, as the SS has an awesome interior and way more content than the Dodge.

Everything I posted regarding performance aspect is also absolutely 100% correct. All the enthusiast publications agree, the Chevy is hands down the more complete performance sedan. You can say you don't like the way the Chevy SS looks, but don't try this Dodge is better stuff b/c it's just hot garbage.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Old 08-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #18
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Yeah, I get it, you love the way the Dodge looks, fabulous. To say the interior of the Dodge is better than the Chevy though? Well then I would have to advise that you have no idea what you're speaking of, as the SS has an awesome interior and way more content than the Dodge.

Everything I posted regarding performance aspect is also absolutely 100% correct. All the enthusiast publications agree, the Chevy is hands down the more complete performance sedan. You can say you don't like the way the Chevy SS looks, but don't try this Dodge is better stuff b/c it's just hot garbage.
Links or you're just talking heresay
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test
Old 08-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #20
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I'll take the Crown Vic every time over the Taurus. I love me that rear wheel drive.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #21
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Quote:
Okie dokie. How many do you want?

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-4

Here's a write up from Everyday Driver.

The SS interior feels upscale, with nice alcantara accents and good materials nearly everywhere. While the Chevy outshines the Dodge, the Charger interior is now a few years old and reflects the vast improvement in all of Dodge’s interior designs. The SRT isn’t bad, but feels truck-interior bulky and offers up some disappointing textured plastics to go with its $55,000 price tag.

Power is immense, with both cars packing rumbling V8s well over 6 Liters in capacity and past 400 in horsepower and torque. The SRT8 wins with 470hp and equivalent torque, beating the SS by 55 in each category. The Dodge hauls around 400 pounds more bulk, but feels more powerful all the time. Burnouts are so easy it becomes almost boring… almost. However, while the Chevy pulls with purpose above 4,000 RPM, at partial throttle or low revs the engine feels reserved and unwilling to show off.

In nearly every category these cars reveal incongruent traits. The SRT has the most power, but the SS sounds more aggressive. The SRT is heavier, but has the best brakes. The SS is lighter and smaller, but feels slower and less powerful. The SRT is the best looking, but the SS offers the nicest interior. And strangest of all, the Dodge offers hydraulic steering but gives less feedback than Chevy’s electric unit.

After vacillating between these cars and struggling to find a favorite, the answer became clear when the roads tightened. Tossing both these cars down a canyon road reveals the better driver’s car, and took this comparison from a near toss up to my preference for the Chevy SS.

http://everydaydriver.com/episodes/c...s-charger-srt/

Here's one vs. the 300 SRT8.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rt_comparison/

There's a lot more but I ran out of time. I'll check in again later.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #22
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Here in Cali a lot of Departments had Chargers, including CHP.. then all of a sudden they've disappeared. Could be reliability issues?
Old 08-10-2014, 02:49 AM   #23
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Sadly the SRT Charger was not approve so I will have to stick.with the RT version. If the SS and SRTwas aproved, I would've chose the lesser powered SS sedan, mainly because I'm a Chevy guy.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:20 AM   #24
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Maybe they will get you a 6.0 Caprice.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #25
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Maybe they will get you a 6.0 Caprice.
I was going to say that. Why not Caprice?

Caprice PPV Procharged
Old 08-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #26
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Yeah, my admin is not happy with the way our Chargers are holding up to the city beating they take. I hear now that they have ordered a few of the new Tahoes with the pursuit package. The state police here are buying a ton of them because they don't like the lack of room in the Caprices they bought.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #27
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee

Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
Plus it has an all new AWD with the V8.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/first...?src=soc_fcbks
You sure about that??? I know they are NOT offering an AWD V8 for the new model. Just the V6........Possibly a pursuit package only deal??? I doubt it but I could be wrong. All I know is they damn sure are not offering an AWD V8 for the non pursuit R/T's. It pissed me off because I wanted an AWD V8 next year for a daily and they came out and said they are not offering it because "lack of sales" from past years.
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #28
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
The new charger looks badass
We should be getting those as our regular patrol cars soon as we live right beside the plant

You guys get to choose your UC cars there? That's awesome
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote