Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
well you said it, America produces too little and consumes too much... its why the asians will overtake us and we'll be falling more and more behind.. both in debt and as a figurative leader.. we have certainly overstepped our boundaries as a nation and created a self inflicted death sentence... the only thing keeping us afloat is that the European market is generally worse than ours and the world still accepts our dollar as the reserve currency... all it would take is for a gold backed currency to become famous and easily obtainable and we are toast.. when reality finally does come to a head, like it has in Greece, you can be sure all the entitlement driven people (from social security to food stamps) will riot, but this time it's going to be worse.. that is why the establishment overstates these shootings because it's a subconsious way to persuade people to give up their guns, so that when the dollar does tank, the government can manage the animals better...
LOL!!!! Completely disagree with this post. As my little brother says "Cool story bro". But I know we cant go there. Anywho I dont like E15, but our nation does need a more diverse energy portfolio, instead of just oil, that wont work long term and place under the mercy of the Saudis.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
LOL!!!! Completely disagree with this post. As my little brother says "Cool story bro". But I know we cant go there. Anywho I dont like E15, but our nation does need a more diverse energy portfolio, instead of just oil, that wont work long term and place under the mercy of the Saudis.
so basically, reality vs "i disagree"... cool story bro
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #17
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
so basically, reality vs "i disagree"... cool story bro
And your "speculation" is "reality"?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #18
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
And your "speculation" is "reality"?
well, any prediction can be wrong, but the first part is absolutely fact and we are living it.. do a quick youtube search of Peter Schiff and educate yourself..
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
There is a desire among many in the nation to be independent of foreign petroleum, while i totally agree some ideas out there are silly. The push to be energy independent is a good push, we just dont know what would be the best and affordable way to get there. While there are some kooks out there thats places the birds over people, the vast majority on this subject wants the nation to be energy independent, the kooks are in the minority. So respectfully i think your post is a mis-characterzation of the vast majoity of people who want to be energy independent. America consume 20% of the worlds oil yet we only produce 2%, combine with the fact that other nations are rapidly industrializing (china alone will sooner or later consume more oil than america, Europe combined). Not sure how much longer we can keep this up, this is not the 1950s anymore where america is the only player in the game. Also if america is energy independent, money would stay in America and not go over seas, i dont know how anyone can spin that in a negative way. Anywho...
You do realize that we would be 100% energy independent if we could just fetch all the oil which is beneath our feet that the whackos refuse to let us touch?

We have natural gas too. Hundreds of years worth of it.

That gives us PLENTY of time to develop cold fusion or zero point generators.

The way we are going now, we'll all be living in mud huts and nobody will be able to afford to invest in these new idea energy companies, and those that do will not be inclined to because they may be accused of being motivated by profit and thrown in a gulag.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #20
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:

"At the mercy of the Saudis" my left tailpipe!!! You need better information sources!

I don't get it. A few years ago when I was in college we openly mocked the foolish ideas that the loser old virgin nerdy professors with their leather elbow patched tweed jackets were saying.

On the one hand, we knew these types were complete morons who fancied themselves smarter than us, but in reality they were total misfits and losers.

On the other hand, their crackpot ideas would never hold up to scrutiny or open debate.

Lastly, as yound adults, we rejected authority and were rebellious and wanted to learn things for ourselves.

It's kind of sad that the education system and media has completely brainwashed the youth and they repeat the claptrap and respect and honor the loons that would have been completely rejected just 10 years ago.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
educate yourself..
Thank you I have.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
You do realize that we would be 100% energy independent if we could just fetch all the oil which is beneath our feet that the whackos refuse to let us touch?

We have natural gas too. Hundreds of years worth of it.

That gives us PLENTY of time to develop cold fusion or zero point generators.

The way we are going now, we'll all be living in mud huts and nobody will be able to afford to invest in these new idea energy companies, and those that do will not be inclined to because they may be accused of being motivated by profit and thrown in a gulag.

Unfortunately it will not effect gas prices much.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
I disagree. It will lower the prices indirectly. The only way we will be able to actually GET to that domestic oil and natural gas will be to take out the rogue EPA. With the EPA eliminated, gas (and electricity and food and everything else) will come down in price.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #24
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Quote:
certainly the purchasing power of our dollar plays a part in how much gasoline costs.... but im sure you already knew that so the answer isn't that important to you so long as your idealogy is supported...
Old 02-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #25
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

You can thank the commodities market for global oil pricing. So unfortunately pumping more here won't change pricing much.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #26
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
You can thank the commodities market for global oil pricing. So unfortunately pumping more here won't change pricing much.
No way! It's all the fault of the saudis! I just read it on MSNBC!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #27
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Bringing more oil to market causes the price to go down, just like any commodity. The amount we bring to market may cause OPEC to decrease their output to stabalize prices, but at least the money stays in the US instead of adding to our trade deficit.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #28
LIVEVIL

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
maybe you would prefer to argue with the Society of Automotive Engineers: http://papers.sae.org/2005-01-3708/
Those engineers with their fancy degrees and shiny white lab coats can write all the papers they want. Some people have experience first hand with these devil fuels and see with their own eyes what the fuel does and does not do to the fuel systems.

I guess a random paper on the internet is more convincing than actual years and years of first hand experience...good to know
LIVEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote