Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-13-2020, 07:54 PM   #1
Yang N’ Bang
17’ Hyper Blue 2SS

Drives: 17’ Camaro 2SS
That accessory that nobody wants to talk about

So, louvers. Yes I know, and I’m willing to go with all the crap I’m gonna get for it, but for some reason I kinda just like the look of it on the rear and started looking at getting one for the rear window because I think it might look good with the new rear spoiler.
HOWEVER, looking at wildhammer again I remember the one going around back then were the ikon louvers, priced around 170-ish and from what I read you got what you paid for. Now the only brand/set they have listed are by vicrez? Never heard of them and can’t seem to find any info or reviews about them especially for louvers they have out which are priced at 334. Basically twice that of ikon.(https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...ouvers-vicrez/)
Anyone have any input? (besides the usual louver hate lol)
Yang N’ Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:47 PM   #2
mrkyleman

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I own them. I have them on my car. I regret them 100%.

No matter what brand you get whether it be the cheap Ikon or the expensive "branded" ones you are going to have issues. Visibility sucks more than usual, cleaning is a real pain in the butt unless you want to half ass it and leave dirt underneath. I am always scared they will fly off when I am on the highway. I have had mine 2 months or so and have only gone in the 70MPH zone once due to being paranoid. These little 3m stickers adhered really well with the adhesion promoter (also put a silicone seal around them if you want them to last).

They are more of a show car thing in my opinion. I daily drive my car and they just aren't for that in my opinion. I think they look cool and so do a lot of people who see them at the gas station etc., just not practical.
Old 11-13-2020, 11:14 PM   #3
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I personally love mine, I've had them for almost 2 years now. Visibility isn't bad at all. Its like looking through blinds in a window. I pull them off every time I wash the car, not a big deal at all. Takes an extra 10 minutes, no biggie. I've been up to 160 in my car with them on and no problem at all. Idk why the prrevious poster hates his so much. I would look on ebay for a cheaper set though as that seems a little pricey, also, swap out the 3m with gorilla glue tape, much better. I also recommend if you have subs to use some foam tape along the edges to prevent rattling. I think they absolutely compliment the car and worth the extra 10 minutes of cleaning.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:48 AM   #4
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I don’t have anything against them personally. Saw a newer Mustang with them a little while back & wonderd if anyone made them for 6 gens. These look not too bad.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:21 AM   #5
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
I think the right set of louvers would compliment the car - like the aluminum ones MRT made for the fifth gen cars:

https://www.shopmrt.com/2010-2015-Ca...r-p/12a144.htm

Unfortunately, nobody makes anything like that for the sixth gen that I have seen, and the plastic ones that are out there just don't look right to me...
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:01 AM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
You know the people that put fake convertible tops on cars? 1 notch below that IMO. I never was, and remain, not a fan.

But if you like the look, it's your car. And that's the best part about this segment there are a ton of ways to individualize your car. And that's cool.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #7
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I’ve had my American Authority louvers on for 2 years with no issues! Visibility is ok, I’ve never had a situation where I didn’t know what was behind me in the rear view mirror. I used to look at the back window and always thought there was something missing, what a boring looking square glass section with no style. The AA louvers contour with the reverse Mohawk look of the roof. I had them painted gloss black to match the other accents on the car. If it’s the look you like then do it and ignore all the haters!
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:00 PM   #8
Yang N’ Bang
17’ Hyper Blue 2SS

Drives: 17’ Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I’ve had my American Authority louvers on for 2 years with no issues! Visibility is ok, I’ve never had a situation where I didn’t know what was behind me in the rear view mirror. I used to look at the back window and always thought there was something missing, what a boring looking square glass section with no style. The AA louvers contour with the reverse Mohawk look of the roof. I had them painted gloss black to match the other accents on the car. If it’s the look you like then do it and ignore all the haters!
See that’s the brand I was wanting to go with that I remembered being on wildhammer ways back, but theyre no longer listed on their site unfortunately. But I like the look and I’m gonna do either the same with the gloss, or carbon fiber to match the spoiler if I can. Appreciate the input from everyone!
Yang N’ Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:24 PM   #9
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
People used to love vinyl roofs. I feel the same way about louvers as I do them, not for me, but to each his own.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:31 PM   #10
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
I leave window blinds in the house. (personal opinion that doesn't mean anything to anyone but me)
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:09 AM   #11
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
I like the look of them personally. Visibility is already $hit, and I use my side mirrors to switch lanes, so that's not really a deal-killer for me.

What IS a deal-killer is the cleaning. I have to keep the car clean, and a louver would make an easy-to-clean area difficult.
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #12
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
eww
Old 11-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #13
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
This. Agree, if you dont like them then dont get them. I like them so I got them. Also got the sequential Hero lights with the reflector lights. Do what you want, its your cash.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #14
Ryan87mets

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE M6
Quote:

THIS, I personally love em too. AA is what I got too, about 160 I think on their site, buy some double sided gorilla glue tape and use this instead of the cheap 3M tape they gave you, I almost lost mine doin a pull on an on ramp😅 never had a problem since, extra couple mins to clean just take em off Everytime I wash my car nbd. I just got mine painted too recently to match the satin black for the 1LE
Attached Images

Ryan87mets is offline   Reply With Quote