Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-16-2023, 01:14 PM   #1
AresGarage

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro
Steering wheel turned after headers

Hey everyone,

I recently installed headers on my Camaro 2SS. While the steering shaft was removed my dad thought it would make for a funny joke to turn the steering wheel. His thought was just that it would make for difficult time getting the steering wheel lined back up. Not realizing it would cause all of the issues that it does. I now have no working buttons on my steering wheel. On a side note, this made for a 7 hour drive to LS fest east with no cruise control��

Anyways, I’ve bought a new clock spring. Do I need to replace the steering angle sensor as well? If just the clock spring will fix it, do I need a SAS scanner still? If a scanner is needed, can someone point me in the direction of one that will work with a 6th gen? I haven’t found any direct answers on these things.
AresGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 02:24 PM   #2
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
All I’ve read is that if your steering wheel sensor is out of whack you will need to get it calibrated and if all your father did was turn your steering wheel, that should be all you need because the clock spring is I think semi married to the sensor so technically it should not be damaged.

Last edited by CalgaryZL1; 09-16-2023 at 02:36 PM.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 03:23 PM   #3
AresGarage

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro
Due to the lack of no working buttons, I believe the clock spring is bad. It’s what gives power to everything. I just can’t figure out what extent I need to replace stuff. Since I have the new clock spring, I suppose I’ll start with that and see where it gets me! I just wanted to ask, so I could try and fix it all in one go.
AresGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 01:31 AM   #4
bennettbrowder3

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
What were your results after replacing the clock spring?
bennettbrowder3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clock spring, headers, steering wheel, steering wheel damage