Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #15
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
Does it throw any codes? And also does it stay at the set number after every start up or does always reset and you have to set it back to where you want it everytime?
I've had it for 6 months or so and i've never gotten a code (although other ppl have).

It keeps the setting; I haven't touched in in months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
From what I see, the throttle controller is really just a throttle pedal range limiter
Pretty much. If you turn it all the way up to 9, you're basically at full throttle when the pedal is 1/2-3/4 of the way depressed. I like 5 bc the pedal feels MUCH more responsive, but still feels like you need to push it to the floor to get full throttle.

Last edited by Lukemo; 02-01-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #16
Jessyb13

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemo View Post
I've had it for 6 months or so and i've never gotten a code (although other ppl have).

It keeps the setting; I haven't touched in in months.

Pretty much. If you turn it all the way up to 9, your basically at full throttle when the pedal is 1/2-3/4 of the way depressed. I like 5 bc the pedal feels MUCH more responsive, but still feels like you need to push it to the floor to get full throttle.
thats probaly what i will do, do you run 9 at a drag strip or keep it at 5?
Jessyb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #17
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
Does it throw any codes? And also does it stay at the set number after every start up or does always reset and you have to set it back to where you want it everytime?
No codes for me as of yet, and it does stay at your previous setting on start up
Old 02-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #18
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyb13 View Post
thats probaly what i will do, do you run 9 at a drag strip or keep it at 5?
I've never been to a drag strip...
I do want to go sometime, though. I probably wouldn't change it; I'm used to the way it drives on 5 and setting it to 9 would throw me off.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #19
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
In "sports" mode it makes your gas pedal be at 100% Power much more faster. This mean if you hit the gas half way or full way down it will result in the same information transmitted to the throttle. In a 0-60 run you will win nothing against someone whithout TC pushing the gas all way down directly.

It may be useful if you plan not to use the complete pedal range. Otherwise I think it's an expensive and useless option for the price.
The only thing more important than going fast is enjoying the car. I think most people that purchase a throttle controller understand it has no purpose whatsoever other than making it more fun to drive.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #20
RideZX6R
Probably tired right now

Drives: 1Lap1LE | EV6 FE | 18 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
.Otherwise I think it's an expensive and useless option for the price.
I kept seeing people talk about this part, so I read into it and came to the same conclusion above.

Just get a tune, they can fix the throttle input translation at no charge with it.
'22 Kia EV6 First Edition
'18 RS3 (1 of 2) Cumulus Blue
'24 911 T (ordered)

Formers...
'19 RS5 Sportback Sonoma Green | '07 Cayman S 6MT | '16 Audi S3 Prestige Viper Green (APR Stage 3+) | '19 Mustang Shelby GT350R | '17 SS 1LE MBM 575whp all-motor
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #21
fastjohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyb13 View Post
Anyone wired up the throttle controller with a manual? Thoughts?
Yes, you will love it!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
fastjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #22
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideZX6R View Post
I kept seeing people talk about this part, so I read into it and came to the same conclusion above.

Just get a tune, they can fix the throttle input translation at no charge with it.
a tune has a questionable effect on the powertrain warranty, a throttle controller does not

<tuned
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:12 PM   #23
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
a tune has a questionable effect on the powertrain warranty, a throttle controller does not

<tuned
I am neither for nor against this. Personally I think it sounds pretty cool but would prefer a tune. My only concern, and I have seen it multiple times, and it could be user error, is when it has a blip and it causes reduced power. Not cool in my opinion. I would love to try this with a money back guarantee but I don't really want to spend ~$200 when I will be getting a tune in the near future. For now I will just give it some more gas!
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #24
AchiliesSS

Drives: 2017 Black on Black 1SS
Hey guys, the throttle controller isn't supposed to be able to reduce throttle lag, infact adding more I/0 devices between the two increases lag, just never enough to notice, that's just the immediate (faster, less curved) change in the linear curve of the throttle curve your experiencing, someone help me out.
AchiliesSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #25
AchiliesSS

Drives: 2017 Black on Black 1SS
cant get rid of the lag unless you go cable operated, and even then there is stretching that occurs that you wont be able to notice the difference in lag but much less than electronic systems, these throttle controllers just take away the true amount of incremental control you have as you turn up the settings, making throttle more immediate at a point and more sudden.
AchiliesSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #26
BrianKC

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
I had one on for a few months & it ended up giving me errors. Something to do with the car thinking the gas pedal wasn't plugged in & it went into limp mode long enough for me to get home & then it wouldn't even start. Took an hour or so of troubleshooting & reading on here before I realized the throttle controller was the culprit. Unhooked it, put it back to stock & it was 100% fine. I've since tried plugging it back in & trying to make it work but with the same result.
Personally, I'd recommend just getting the ported throttle body. Costs about the same if you send in your original one & it constantly gives you the feel of about a 5-7 setting from the Vitesse which is what most people just keep it at anyway. Install is easier than installing a CAI, IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
2010 Camaro SS LS3 410/427 RWHP/TQ (SOLD)
  • Kooks Headers
  • Vararam Intake
  • Eaton Tru-Trac 3.91 Rear Diff
  • Hurst Short Throw Shifter
  • Anvil Notch Spoiler in gloss carbon
  • RPI Front Splitter
  • ZL1 Dual Mode Mufflers
BrianKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:50 PM   #27
LastGen5
Manual Guy - Until Now...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I have had mine for about a year and a half and I still love it. The throttle lag on a stock SS is real - in fact it was a true disappointment that my brand new Camaro had a noticeable 0.4-0.5 second lag from pressing the accelerator to the throttle opening up. I have had the car tuned a few times and opted to keep it. There are MANY conflicting opinions about this, but for a guy who has one, I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #28
Archuleta36

Drives: 2017 2ss nnp nite fall grey
Had mine for a few about 4 months or so never had a problem i keep it around 5 but do change some times to 6 just to mess with it over it was worth getting for me
Archuleta36 is offline   Reply With Quote