#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
Jas29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Sikh temple Wisconsin shooting 7 Dead

Shooters also dead.

(CNN) -- At least seven people, including a gunman shot by a police officer, have been killed in an attack on worshippers at a Sikh temple in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek, Wisconsin, on Sunday, police said.

The officer was wounded but "returned fire, and that shooter was put down," said Bradley Wentlandt, the police chief in nearby Greenfield, who briefed reporters. Investigators who picked through the building afterward found four bodies inside the temple and two other victims outside, plus the gunman, Wentlandt said.

Though early reports had suggested there may have been more than one attacker, he said officers had not identified any other gunmen.

The wounded officer, a 20-year veteran, was in surgery Sunday afternoon after being shot multiple times, but was expected to survive, Wentlandt said. He was sent to the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in Oak Creek, south of Milwaukee, after a 911 call about 10:25 a.m. (11:25 a.m. ET).

Carolyn Bellin, a spokeswoman for Milwaukee's Froedtert Hospital, said one of three men brought there from the incident was in surgery early Sunday morning, while another was in the surgical intensive care unit. The third was being evaluated in the emergency room. All three were in critical condition.

The temple has a congregation of 250 to 400, according to its website.

"I just want to say this temple was built a number of years ago and there have never been any problems with this temple," Oak Creek Alderman Dan Jakubczyk said. "They've been a plus to this city and to my district."
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
That officer did an amazing job by not giving up after being hit a few times. No doubt saved lives. I even carry my weapon to church. Never leave without it.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #3
Jas29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
most sikhs don't carry weapons other then their little 6 inch knife for religious purposes. Police officer probably saved many lives while risking his own with over 20 years in the force
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
most sikhs don't carry weapons other then their little 6 inch knife for religious purposes. Police officer probably saved many lives while risking his own with over 20 years in the force

and so many people misunderstand who they are or what they stand for.
The LEO did a great job.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Just listening on the news that the shooter was rumored to be a white supremist, he served in the military in the 90s but was ineligible for re-enlistment because of "repeated acts of misconduct."

Hearing the stories on the news from those that were in the Sikh temple that day... it's just sad.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
GotGame55
Haters gonna hate?

Drives: '04 Chevy Dirtymax
Why is everyone is going on a rampage now. I need to get my conceal and carry quick!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
The Sikhs are known to me. There have been several as students of mine over the years.

They are no push-overs; they are brave and willing to fight for their dignity as well as their safety. They all carry a Kirpan. It's a dagger that is more than a religious symbol. They are willing and able to defend themselves with it. I had a student who before he came to me in California had used it on a full grown man when he was only fourteen years old to defend his honor in his village back in the Punjab in India.

These Sikhs don't lie, nor do they do anything dishonorable. I like 'em; they're hella straight up kinda' people. So whoever shot 'em there in Wisconsin prolly took 'em by surprise, like cowards often do.

There may be some religious bigotry at work here too. The right-wing Hindus of the political party called the BJP are not above sneaky murders of Sikhs. Was it an Indian who shot these guys? I'd be interested to see how this all plays out in the courts in Wisconsin.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote