Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #29
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
Why do people feel they have to bring their dogs with them where ever they go? I never understood that...cat owners are able to leave their pets at home...

People it's to damn hot to leave your dog in a car even with the windows down.

We run way to many calls of dogs locked in vehicles and once we get the approval from S.O. a window will break.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #30
SandPredator
Proud Passenger

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
http://edgewater.patch.com/articles/...a-car-this-hot

If you think you're doing your dog a favor by bringing him with you on hot summer days, think again.
The inside of the car heats up more quickly than you think, to levels that are dangerous for most dogs.
In a series of experiments over the course of the week, I left the car, with the thermometer in it, in various places, in various conditions, to see how quickly it would heat up.
'I just ran into the store to buy one thing'
In the first experiment, I left the car with the windows shut, in a parking lot for an hour. It was 83 degrees outside. Inside the car, it was 108.
'But I parked in the shade'
Second, I parked the car in the shade, with the windows cracked. It was 81 degrees outside. In two minutes, the temperature inside the car had jumped to 86 degrees. In 10 minutes, it had climbed to 90 degrees.
'But the windows were cracked open'
Third, I parked the car with the windows cracked. It was 83 degrees and overcast.
After five minutes, the temperature had climbed to 86 degrees.
In 10 minutes, the temperature inside the car was 90 degrees.
In 30 minutes, even with the clouds, and the windows open, the temperature inside the car had hit 100 degrees.
SandPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #31
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post

People it's to damn hot to leave your dog in a car even with the windows down.

We run way to many calls of dogs locked in vehicles and once we get the approval from S.O. a window will break.
I was in Yellowstone a number of years ago, and when we returned from a short hike, saw a dog in a car with all the windows up. It was about 100 degrees out. We waited around for about 15, 20 minutes for the owners to show up, and just as we were looking for something to break the window with (the dog was starting to get lethargic), the owners showed up. I read them the riot act...
Stacy, the lady wasn't psycho, she just knew how dangerous it is to leave a dog in the car. I know you love your "fur kid" - leave him at home if you go someplace you might have to leave him in the car...